Idiosyncrasies?

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    putting shoes and socks on: left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe, left shoe tied, right shoe tied - never deviate from this.

same with putting contacts in: left contact 1st then right contact

always hold phone in left hand by left ear - never ever use right hand or ear (and I am right handed)

never wear something bought until it is washed
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,477
    i almost never breath when i'm sleeping. it distracts from my dreams.
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889

i almost never breath when i'm sleeping. it distracts from my dreams.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I bowl in a league in a run down alley where the hand blowers don't work. I still run my hand over the broke down hand blower before every roll even though it doesn't work.

Shomer fucking Shabbos ...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    -I find sneezing to be utterly disgusting. (And fuck you if you don't cover that shit up! Fuck you even further if you cover up with your hands. And a penultimate fuck you if you cover with your hands and don't wash them immediately.)
    -I always put my left shoe on first.
    -I have to adjust my shirt sleeves inside my jacket before I zip it up.
    -I also need white noise while I sleep.
    -My car key is on a keyring by itself. House keys on another ring.
    -I have to leave the water running while I brush my teeth.
    -I always use 24-hour (aka military) time.
    when driving, i try to keep my eyes closed as long as possible without hitting anything....highway only
    www.myspace.com
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

when driving, i try to keep my eyes closed as long as possible without hitting anything....highway only

I do this on my bicycle....not on the highway though.

Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Sometimes I words say in reverse.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    on tuesdays, i do not wear any footwear... on my left foot.
    www.myspace.com
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i often count my steps.. in groups of 8...

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    I've been trying to find my quirks and had concluded that I'm just a bit boring. Then, voila! It occurred to me... I must lick the foam from my latte before I drink it. There is also the perfect proportion of foam to liquid that must exist. When it's right, I'm extra pleased.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    When I'm done drinking a can of beer I have to squeeze it in the direction of the can mouth.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    when taking a shower, i rarely use water.
    www.myspace.com

when taking a shower, i rarely use water.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I take a poop every morning.
  • this is pretty funny to read what other people do that is "weird".

i have the same shower routine every time - wash face, shampoo, conditioner (leave it in), shave, wash out conditioner, body wash, done.

every time i open a canned beverage, i turn the tab sideways.

i have severe sandwich making ocd. they must be made neatly and have perfect proportions. cant have too much mayo on one side. it must be clean and even. good meat to cheese ratios. i have a really hard time watching someone make a sandwich for me. if i get a burger or grinder from somewhere i have to take it apart and put it back together make everything even (tomatoes, lettuce, pickles). can't have all those pickles stacked on one another. they must cover the surface... i want each bite to be the same.

thats all i got for now.

Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

this is pretty funny to read what other people do that is "weird".

i have the same shower routine every time - wash face, shampoo, conditioner (leave it in), shave, wash out conditioner, body wash, done.

every time i open a canned beverage, i turn the tab sideways.

i have severe sandwich making ocd. they must be made neatly and have perfect proportions. cant have too much mayo on one side. it must be clean and even. good meat to cheese ratios. i have a really hard time watching someone make a sandwich for me. if i get a burger or grinder from somewhere i have to take it apart and put it back together make everything even (tomatoes, lettuce, pickles). can't have all those pickles stacked on one another. they must cover the surface... i want each bite to be the same.

thats all i got for now.

Lol. I am the same about making sandwiches. They must be PERFECT. It makes it so that going to Subway is a real mental exercise while I'm trying not to dictate to the sandwich artist what to do, and criticize what they're doing wrong, hahaha.
    on the third tuesday, of every fourth march, i wear my underwear on top of my regular clothes.

and i have NO IDEA why.
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157

on the third tuesday, of every fourth march, i wear my underwear on top of my regular clothes.

and i have NO IDEA why.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HgDueUlmt5E/TM8wmsAVMYI/AAAAAAAABMQ/5HumCJvUGAg/s1600/DSC_0147.JPGimage

well done
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    When people say things about losing or gaining daylight with regards to the time change I just want to yell 'nothing is lost or gained, science bitches check it out'
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

When people say things about losing or gaining daylight with regards to the time change I just want to yell 'nothing is lost or gained, science bitches check it out'

I prememptively bite mosquitos.
    www.myspace.com
    at the crack of dawn, every thursday of every 7th month, i get up and serve breakfast to my neighbors...don't know why. i cannot explain it. it's just something i have to do.
    www.myspace.com
  • ...can't have all those pickles stacked on one another.

When I was in college, I worked at Mcdonald's. We had a saying for properly putting pickles on sandwiches... Make friends, not lovers.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i swear the juggler is hilarious
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I have to cook my food by scent.. If my nose is stuffed, I won't cook! ( probably a good thing cause that usually means I am not well). If I can't smell anything I won't eat.. Stupid I know.. I won't walk on the left side of the street, even though you are supposed to walk against traffic, but that outs traffic on my blindside, as does walking on the right side.. Go figure! I won't close my eyes at a live show, cause I'm afraid I'll miss something.. And I can't sleep
    In complete silence. Believe it or not I can hear the frequency between the DVD player and the TV. If the power goes out at night, I wake up! That's if I sleep at all.. I am a very strange person, so I could go on forever!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

I have to cook my food by scent.. If my nose is stuffed, I won't cook! ( probably a good thing cause that usually means I am not well). If I can't smell anything I won't eat.. Stupid I know.. I won't walk on the left side of the street, even though you are supposed to walk against traffic, but that outs traffic on my blindside, as does walking on the right side.. Go figure! I won't close my eyes at a live show, cause I'm afraid I'll miss something.. And I can't sleep
    In complete silence. Believe it or not I can hear the frequency between the DVD player and the TV. If the power goes out at night, I wake up! That's if I sleep at all.. I am a very strange person, so I could go on forever!

So you can't walk on the right side or the left side of the street? I guess you don't get out much, then.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

I prememptively bite mosquitos.

Thank god somebody is.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • I have to cook my food by scent.. If my nose is stuffed, I won't cook! ( probably a good thing cause that usually means I am not well). If I can't smell anything I won't eat.. Stupid I know.. I won't walk on the left side of the street, even though you are supposed to walk against traffic, but that outs traffic on my blindside, as does walking on the right side.. Go figure! I won't close my eyes at a live show, cause I'm afraid I'll miss something.. And I can't sleep

So you can't walk on the right side or the left side of the street? I guess you don't get out much, then.
    Lol no. I DO walk on the right side of the road.. But the traffic is behind me, and thus I am still blinded to it. But it freaks me out, to have cars pass on my blind side.. So I avoid walking on the left side of the street when I am able.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    I hate back tracking. If I have errands to run, I plan out the trip precisely so that I travel in the most efficient manner. It actually makes my blood pressure rise if I'm not in control of a trip and I feel things could have been planned better. My problem, I know. :).