Cinci show. Club changes

2»

Comments

• jsnleejsnlee Posts: 11
    I have a not so good 10c number, but I have the opportunity to get seats before the rest of the public. That should be good enough. If you want to sit closer, go find a broker or some knucklehead on eBay. Kudos to those with higher numbers who renew their membership every year, you do deserve something for that. As for me and my low number, hopefully as the years go by, some won't renew or will forget and I will get the chance to sit closer. I think it's fine the way it is. How can you punish those who are dedicated enough to stay in the club for so many years? Just doesn't seem right.
  • Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    jsnlee wrote:
    I think it's fine the way it is. How can you punish those who are dedicated enough to stay in the club for so many years? Just doesn't seem right.

Because it's not the absolute best situation and good ticket opportunity FOR ME. That's why. :) It's all about how much they can get out of it. Would they give up their 10C tickets on the back of the floor for someone up in the rafters simply to give the nosebleeder the chance to get down there? I highly doubt it. Yet they want people who have put countless years in supporting the band and club to give up their seats simply because "they're being selfish and it's not fair?" Horseshit, if you ask me.

Whiners might say, "That's not fair... just 'cause I didn't join until 2 years ago shouldn't mean I can't get the best seats." I say, "I've put in 11 years. Deal with it."

Go into work tomorrow and whine because the guy in the big office who's been there 25 years gets 6 weeks of vacation, and you only get 2 but you should get 6 because "it's not fair" and "I can't help the fact that I've only been working here 4 months" and "he just sits around on his vacation anyway and I've got a trip to Mammoth Cave all planned... IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" Let us know when the boss stops laughing.
  • grandr0yalgrandr0yal Posts: 67
    Motown322 wrote:
    Because it's not the absolute best situation and good ticket opportunity FOR ME. That's why. :) It's all about how much they can get out of it. Would they give up their 10C tickets on the back of the floor for someone up in the rafters simply to give the nosebleeder the chance to get down there? I highly doubt it. Yet they want people who have put countless years in supporting the band and club to give up their seats simply because "they're being selfish and it's not fair?" Horseshit, if you ask me.

Whiners might say, "That's not fair... just 'cause I didn't join until 2 years ago shouldn't mean I can't get the best seats." I say, "I've put in 11 years. Deal with it."

Go into work tomorrow and whine because the guy in the big office who's been there 25 years gets 6 weeks of vacation, and you only get 2 but you should get 6 because "it's not fair" and "I can't help the fact that I've only been working here 4 months" and "he just sits around on his vacation anyway and I've got a trip to Mammoth Cave all planned... IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" Let us know when the boss stops laughing.

Has nothing to do with dedication to a club that you send money to each year. It has everything to do with you are no bigger fan than I because of it. Its that simple. I dont really give a shit to be honest, i just dont like the way you put your metaphor.
    06/23/2006 - Best night of my life.
    See yins in pittsburgh 2007
    Rock on steelers!

www.myspace.com/nickpc
  • gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    It would be nice if this could be discussed in a nice calm fashion.

I agree that senority should play a role in your seating, but I also think an opportunity for other fan club members with high numbers to sit close would be nice, too.

The only way 10C would change the way they do things is if they thought enough people with high numbers would not renew if they kept their current practice.

The fact is that low number fan club members are in the minority. And, if the 10C did decided to change their distribution practices, its not very likely that the low fan club numbers won't renew because of it.

I think a nice solution would be that per leg of a tour you can pick one priority/hometown show with the tickets distributed by senority (prioity senority then regular senority). Everyone for that show that picks "priority" goes to the front of the line. You would only have a priority option if you have already been in the fan club for x amount of years (probably like 5). This avoids people or scalpers from joining up to get a priority show.

I think this solution would be fair for all.

Lastly, it is not fair to blast people for wanting a change. Do we blast e.v. when he asks people to "vote for change?" Pacisivism is how we got the Third Reich (I'm certainly not comparing the two, just using an extreme to make a point).

Remember, we are all friends here. Let's respect others views and wishes. There is no need to unconstructively criticize someone's opinion.....especially when the chance for distributing fan club tickets any other way then the current status quo is slim and none.

While I'm in favor of some kind of change, I respect that some people, low and high numbers alike, would prefer to maintain the current system. But, I like change and am always for trying something out. If it doesn't work then try something else or go back to the way it was.

Have a great night everyone!
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    grandr0yal wrote:
    Has nothing to do with dedication to a club that you send money to each year. It has everything to do with you are no bigger fan than I because of it. Its that simple. I dont really give a shit to be honest, i just dont like the way you put your metaphor.

Not claiming to be a better or bigger fan. All I'm saying is that the pissing and moaning around here about this tired old subject is about as predictable as the shits after a 12-pack of Busch Light. It's boring. It's not going to change because the system right now, like it or not, WORKS.

Hell, I wish I could've had front row seats in Cleveland and Detroit last month, but I had great seats through the 10C and I'm not going to bitch about it. Shit, half these whiners would probably get front row and then complain because they were too far off to the right or they didn't get a drumstick or Eddie didn't invite them backstage to drink and watch TV and play cards.
  • Spinbrett wrote:
    How many people of the first 20 rows were actually from Ohio?

Well 2 for sure.

I am from Columbus, OH. Me and my friend were on the floor in the 3rd Row, Section 2 (middle section) seats 11 & 12. Of course I have been in the 10C for a while (member number range 105xxx). I joined the 10C around 1993-94 as I recall as #3 was my first Xmas single I got in the mail but I let my membership lapse for a period and probably lost my original seniority...uggghhh. But I certainly can't complain about the great seats I have been getting). Cinci is the only show I will probably see this tour unless they happen to come to Columbus. I was going to do Cleveland too, but I waited too long to order FC tickets and missed out. Doh!!! I am a big fan of PJ's but with the exception of the Kitchener, London and Hamilton, Ontario Trifecta (Sept 11-13, 2005) I typically see them when they come to Ohio. I am ashamed and totally bummed that I didn't see them for the first time until 1996 in Toledo, OH. PJ had been to Ohio 9 times before then.
    George

Toldeo, OH 9-22-96 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 8-26-98 | Columbus, OH 8-21-00 | Cleveland, OH 4-25-03 | Columbus, OH 6-24-03 | Kitchener, ON 9-11-05 | London, ON 9-12-05 | Hamilton, ON 9-13-05 | Cincinnati, OH 6-24-06
  • SpinbrettSpinbrett Posts: 251
    I am going to write to the fan club and ask them to read this post. Many of you had great ideas such as priority picks for your homestown areas and even a random system for high numbers to get a chance to get close. With so many voices having concern, maybe they will find a better way to make ALL fan club content at concert time instead of the people that were lucky enough to join in 93-94. It's an outdated system and with some good effort and thought, it can be improved. Thank you for your input people. Go PJ!
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    the argument that they are rewarding those who have been in the ten club the longest doesnt really hold water when they grandfather you back in to the system if you let your number lapse... I joined in like 98 or 97 dont remember... my number is 166xxx, It lapsed and I got back in in '00, lapsed again and got back in in '03... LAPSED AGAIN and got back in right before Gorge last year...

I think they keep the system the way it is is because it is simple, bottom line... I've got a pretty decent number and my membership has lapsed 4 times with years in between renewals... go figure
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • SpinbrettSpinbrett Posts: 251
    I think they keep the system the way it is is because it is simple, bottom line... I've got a pretty decent number and my membership has lapsed 4 times with years in between renewals... go figure

All the more reason to change the outdated system. Just renew right before they decide to go tour, and then don't pay the years they take off. If you never lose your number, you have nothing to fear. I can't believe they let it get to this point.
  • ThunderclapThunderclap Posts: 108
    My other Idea is to put anyone who bought 10 club tickets into a lottery for the first 3 rows then seniority after that. You have to look at it this way the people who are in the first few rows have been paying dues to the 10 club for how long?

I've been a supporter of that idea for a while now *thumbsup* only I think it should be first row, maybe second tops. That keeps the old-timers still in the pick-zone

They used to do something like the home-town thing when I signed up. You could pick two tickets to one show only, and I really didn't have a problem with that. It sounded fair at the time and still sounds fair. If they go back to that method I won't be pissed at all. Disappointed maybe, but I'll get over it. The lawn has it's advantages :cool:
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person