Ed and his wine

13»

Comments

• Maybe Ed uses the powdered Gatorade mix and just makes it in an empty wine bottle. He can keep his wine and Gatorade in the same wine fridge. He re-uses a bunch of glass wine bottles. He saves on the plastic waste, glass bottles get colder and stay cold longer, he can apparently appear to be cool for those that consider drinking wine to be a cool thing and he can carry a bucket tub of powdered Gatorade on tour with him that makes enough to fill a swimming pool without all the added water weight.

I do this but I don't use wine bottles I have a dozen 32 oz clear glass drinking bottles with screw tops. Got em on ebay :)
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    edited March 2016
    I think its not our room to judge. The examples I have seen where hé was shitfaced on stage are from 93. They play three hours shows now (which band does that, do you realize how fortunate we are?) I havent seen him drunk. Buzzy maybe. But hé sweats it out. I think it is all part of the act to give a "intimate" feeling. If he has a drinking problem its the concern for his friends and family and in that case I hope hé has a good network with his best interest at heart.
    Post edited by fortyshades on
  • I seriously doubt Ed has any drinking problem. He's a smart guy, has a beautiful wife and two kids, fronts one of the best bands of all-time, puts out an incredible product and I'm sure manages many other projects none of us know diddly about.

Ozzy had a drinking problem. Ed enjoys a bottle of wine now and then.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834

I seriously doubt Ed has any drinking problem. He's a smart guy, has a beautiful wife and two kids, fronts one of the best bands of all-time, puts out an incredible product and I'm sure manages many other projects none of us know diddly about.

Ozzy had a drinking problem. Ed enjoys a bottle of wine now and then.

Agreed. And I think Ozzy used more than wine, I think.
  • sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    He smokes and drinks a lot less then he used to and he's taking care of his voice better. But really we don't know his personal life and shouldn't really care about it.

I do remember one show in 2013 where he took a huge gulp out of his bottle and judging from his reaction he thought he was drinking out of the gatorade bottle which turned out to be the wine bottle haha
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818

He smokes and drinks a lot less then he used to and he's taking care of his voice better. But really we don't know his personal life and shouldn't really care about it.

I do remember one show in 2013 where he took a huge gulp out of his bottle and judging from his reaction he thought he was drinking out of the gatorade bottle which turned out to be the wine bottle haha

you know I haven't seen him smoke on stage in a long time...not that I care, but just realized that after reading your post

• SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    KV4053 said:

This thread sux.

At my gigs i drink tap water from a perrier bottle with a cork ... imitation is the greatest form of flattery right? ... sober x 6 years so I gotta keep it real so no wine bottles ... :) ... that being said a trip to the dugout comes in handy every once in a while ....
    Love is all you need.....
  • DeamonDeamon Posts: 167
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by Deamon on
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
    2024: Portland 5/10
  • When I drink a bottle of wine by myself I tell my wife I Eddie Veddered that bottle.

That's funny I say the same thing to my wife when I drink the last bit of the bottle, straight from the bottle. Unless there's sediment, I won't do it. Need to keep it classy somehow.