Options

Spokane - Dread Cutting Incident

Comments

• Options

What's up buddy? you coming to vancouver?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

What's up!

I'm only doing Seattle. Probably best since my throat is sore from singing last night and being in the cold. I need to recover quick!
    NERDS!
  • Options

What's up!

I'm only doing Seattle. Probably best since my throat is sore from singing last night and being in the cold. I need to recover quick!

Cool, see you at the pre party....beer on me...havent see you guys in forever.... still need tickets however..... :(
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    For sure! You'll find some via ticket drop or the party! I'll keep an eye out for ya!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Kamptbc wrote:
    That was so funny. I am amazed that Eddie did this . Was that a fan who got asked up ?
    According the fanview set list, the guy had a sign saying he'd cut his hair if they played Jeremy (I think it was Jeremy, anyway). Eddie talked about it much earlier in the show when he first saw the sign, but didn't call him up there to do it until much later (probably after someone on the crew tracked down the clippers).
    I hope dread guy posts about it here! What an experience he had! WOW!
    The Jeremy Spokane sign was from someone by the rail. The dread guy's sign was for Brain of J
    Oh yeah, that's right. :lol: Jeremy Spokane class today. Made me laugh. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    No way?
    Way!

Looks like Garth has a new band to worship since leaving Wayne's Worls
  • Options
    Our photo review from Spokane has a few photos of the haircut.
    Anyone think the wook was a plant?

http://www.6000footdrop.com/6000-foot-d ... arber.html
  • Options
    melpumelpu Posts: 44
    sweetspot wrote:

I am a jaded cynic but I never thought of that. What makes you think so?
    "We feel like we could play just about anything, and you fuckers would know it."
    EV

"Hey, it’s not like we come into your house demanding bacon and eggs... what I’m saying is, if you offered us pancakes, we’d eat pancakes."
    EV
  • Options
    melpu wrote:
    sweetspot wrote:

I am a jaded cynic but I never thought of that. What makes you think so?
    how did he get to the stage? he did not seem nervous or shy. how did he have enough nerve to ask for a headbang before the haircut? they had clippers? Ed touched his hair without protection?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    No, i don't think he was a plug. :fp: :lol: He made it to the stage because Eddie told him to make his way up there a song or two before he was actually up there. And not everyone acts like a fanboy. :lol: The whole thing seemed perfectly spontaneous to me. Eddie does not strike me as the type to refuse to touch someone's dreads with his bare hands at all, and the band has a whole roadie crew with them - there would have probably been more than one set of clippers between them out on the tour buses. I assumed that's why EV waited so long after first seeing the guy - he was waiting for a crew member to go grab the clippers. And the band isn't so lame as to put a plant like that in the crowd IMO. :lol: Interesting idea though... it took me a minute to even realize what you meant because it's such a left fielder to me! ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    melpumelpu Posts: 44
    It's rare for a fan to get invited onstage but it's happened before. And some people have plenty of nerve. Clippers could be found easily. I'd guess the no gloves thing might be the strongest evidence that the guy was known to someone within the organization. But I'm going to go with the spur of the moment implementation. As this leg nears the end, the band could get giddier and we may see more goofiness - hope so!
    "We feel like we could play just about anything, and you fuckers would know it."
    EV

"Hey, it’s not like we come into your house demanding bacon and eggs... what I’m saying is, if you offered us pancakes, we’d eat pancakes."
    EV
  • Options
    awesome!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    melpu wrote:
    It's rare for a fan to get invited onstage but it's happened before. And some people have plenty of nerve. Clippers could be found easily. I'd guess the no gloves thing might be the strongest evidence that the guy was known to someone within the organization. But I'm going to go with the spur of the moment implementation. As this leg nears the end, the band could get giddier and we may see more goofiness - hope so!
    The idea that Eddie wouldn't touch the hair unless he was a plant is really strange to me. :lol: We're talking about Eddie Vedder. He isn't scared to touch some dreads, come on. It's dreads people, not human feces. :lol:
    There is no fucking way they'd put a plant requesting a song with a sign and then cut his hair off on stage pretending it was spontaneous. Seriously, that sounds nuts. :lol: Why would they do that? What, the shows are too boring? :P
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Next up, Ed's going to act as a Medium for someone in the audience.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    This had me cracking up!! I love this band!! And as for the "plant" thing in the basis that Ed touched his hair, are you smoking Crack?? We're taking about a guy that once wore a maggot infested wet suit into a recording studio, just for the fuck of it!!! So no I think that's a stretch! But.. This whole thing here was hilarious!! And yes with around two hundred people on road staff surely there's clippers amongst them.. Anyhow thanks for posting this! Made my night!!
  • Options
    This had me cracking up!! I love this band!! And as for the "plant" thing in the basis that Ed touched his hair, are you smoking Crack?? We're taking about a guy that once wore a maggot infested wet suit into a recording studio, just for the fuck of it!!! So no I think that's a stretch! But.. This whole thing here was hilarious!! And yes with around two hundred people on road staff surely there's clippers amongst them.. Anyhow thanks for posting this! Made my night!!
    :lol: He also watched a guy regurgitate beer and stomach bile into a cup and then fucking drank it himself. Yeah, i think he can handle touching a stranger's dreadlocks. :lol:
  • Options
    QuestionAuthorityQuestionAuthority Idaho Posts: 327
    I was there ~ not a plant at all.. the dude was walking around with the sign before the show at the GA line that read "Will shave head for GA ticket" ~ so someone must have given him one or he bought it off someone because he was fully dreaded in the GA pit.. Ed called him out and told someone to "cage him" until they were ready for him.. it was spontaneos and hysterical.. there is NO WAY that was staged.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist ~ Sitting Bull
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    duska3419 wrote:

:lol: Yeah, no shit. I was waiting to see if Eddie would leave the stage for a minute to wash his hands or at least get some Purell, but it doesn't seem like it. :? I am happy for the guy - everything will be different now; how exciting. :lol:

I was thinking about this too, cuz I've noticed when Ed shares his bottle he wipes it off with his shirt before drinking it again, so I thought it was kinda funny that he handled the dreads so easily :lol:[/quote]

After watching this ... I think Ed is just about up for anything!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y2lG8KV ... dg&index=1

Who licks shoes! :sick:
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol: He also watched a guy regurgitate beer and stomach bile into a cup and then fucking drank it himself. Yeah, i think he can handle touching a stranger's dreadlocks. :lol:

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth
  • Options
    gjemsel wrote:
    Was kind of gross to watch. Ed said this was not their first haircut on stage. Something about a "mullet incident" elsewhere.

That was Hinn! I don't remember which show, but he had his pic with Ed cutting his "mullet" as his avatar for a while :lol:

That dread guy must have felt very light-headed afterwards ...

That was at the Newcastle, Australia Ed Solo show in 2011. At least I think it was Newcastle.
  • Options
    TeeChiTeeChi Posts: 35
    Emm wrote:
    After watching this ... I think Ed is just about up for anything!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y2lG8KV ... dg&index=1

Who licks shoes! :sick:

W.O.W.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Wasn't that a competition he had with a couple other musicians during one of the '92 Lollapalooza tour? Or am I getting that mixed up with something else?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Wasn't that a competition he had with a couple other musicians during one of the '92 Lollapalooza tour? Or am I getting that mixed up with something else?
    It was that Lollapalooza tour, and it's likely that he was doing it with a couple other musicians, but I think the puking guy was one of those freak show side attraction guys who were travelling was the tour. I believe fans could go and drink the bile as well. :sick:
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    mfc2006 wrote:
    That was awesome last night. Band was cracking up the whole time. Fucking awesome show.

100%
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    I was there ~ not a plant at all.. the dude was walking around with the sign before the show at the GA line that read "Will shave head for GA ticket" ~ so someone must have given him one or he bought it off someone because he was fully dreaded in the GA pit.. Ed called him out and told someone to "cage him" until they were ready for him.. it was spontaneos and hysterical.. there is NO WAY that was staged.

This is exactly what I was going to say. He was in the merch line looking to get into the show. Now the dude owes us two haircuts.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options
    Yes Way wrote:

This is exactly what I was going to say. He was in the merch line looking to get into the show. Now the dude owes us two haircuts.
    He definitely needed a touch up after Eddie was done with him, so that works out perfectly. :lol:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It was that Lollapalooza tour, and it's likely that he was doing it with a couple other musicians, but I think the puking guy was one of those freak show side attraction guys who were travelling was the tour. I believe fans could go and drink the bile as well. :sick:
    :sick: indeed! I have always known about that story, just never knew the exact details.
  • Options
    Ezo5000Ezo5000 Posts: 155
    He was in the pit in Portland too.
  • Options
    here's my vid of the "haircut" and brain of J

http://youtu.be/0QNqE4iRBgg