Options

Spokane - Dread Cutting Incident

PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 431
edited December 2013 in The Porch
Here's a video up from last night Brain of J/Dread cutting. Pure awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRYEl8RIEo
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Other than Stone sucking on the Cow Man's udder, that is the funniest thing I have seen at a show.

I have a question - how did they happen to have a hair trimmer at a concert??? I would love to hear more from anybody that was there on how this happened!!!
  • Options
    Was kind of gross to watch. Ed said this was not their first haircut on stage. Something about a "mullet incident" elsewhere.
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • Options
    BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    Dreads on a white person are the most disgusting thing on this planet.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    gjemsel wrote:
    Was kind of gross to watch. Ed said this was not their first haircut on stage. Something about a "mullet incident" elsewhere.

That was Hinn! I don't remember which show, but he had his pic with Ed cutting his "mullet" as his avatar for a while :lol:

That dread guy must have felt very light-headed afterwards ...
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :lol::lol::lol: Too much fun!

Dread Shave Blues almost sounded strip tease-ish at times :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    awesome and hinny with the mullet at eddie solo shows was amazing..haha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    That was awesome last night. Band was cracking up the whole time. Fucking awesome show.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    That was fantastic!

I would consider letting Ed shave my head... :think: I won't cut my hair until that Midwest spring tour that I'm hoping for! Donate some strawberry blonde locks to Locks of Love! Maybe I'll start an official petition! :D:lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    gjemsel wrote:

That was Hinn! I don't remember which show, but he had his pic with Ed cutting his "mullet" as his avatar for a while :lol:

was at the palace in 98
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    I have a question - how did they happen to have a hair trimmer at a concert???
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Touring stylist maybe?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    BE9456 wrote:
    Dreads on a white person are the most disgusting thing on this planet.
  • Options
    Touring stylist maybe?
    they have everything during tour!!!if a rock star wants to shave his private parts they need to be ready!! :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    WOW that was fun to watch. I gotta hand it to Eddie too he was really focused and intent on cutting off that entire mess, he didn't give up even when he had trouble with that one big one. I wonder if he cuts his own hair. Or if he ever did his kids hair :lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    That was the weirdest and funniest thing I have seen today. Thanks for posting!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Touring stylist maybe?
    they have everything during tour!!!if a rock star wants to shave his private parts they need to be ready!! :mrgreen:
    What's worse, dreads after the trim or trim after the dreads?
  • Options
    kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    It was funny, but we lost a couple of songs. It was one of the best shows, ever! We got the rail, too!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Awesome!
    I love the Dread-cutting Blues song!!!
    They should jam out like that more....but without the dread cutting! :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    It is a huge relief to see those dreads go. Akin to popping a giant zit. :lol: That guy must have felt like he was going to float away after losing that mess! Hilarious addition to the show, which sounds like it was amazing all around!! Huge regrets not getting there (but zero regrets about missing any kind of scary weather on the way back home, which is exactly why i decided not to go in for Spokane tix in the first place).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    gjemsel wrote:

The guy looked like Keith Morris (Black Flag / Circle Jerks). Or Brandon from Shadows Fall. Long dreads like that are just a farm for bacteria and gross all together. As Dr. Phil would say.. "This is gonna be a changing day in your life!"
    2010: Mountain View, CA (10/23)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3-9/4)
    2012: Missoula, MT (09/30) - San Francisco, CA (10/03)
    2013: Chicago, Ill (07/19) - Los Angeles (11/23 - 11/24) - Oakland (11/26) - Portland (11/29) - Spokane (11/30) - Seattle (12/06)
  • Options
    gjemsel wrote:

The guy looked like Keith Morris (Black Flag / Circle Jerks). Or Brandon from Shadows Fall. Long dreads like that are just a farm for bacteria and gross all together. As Dr. Phil would say.. "This is gonna be a changing day in your life!"
    :lol: Yeah, no shit. I was waiting to see if Eddie would leave the stage for a minute to wash his hands or at least get some Purell, but it doesn't seem like it. :? I am happy for the guy - everything will be different now; how exciting. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    gjemsel wrote:

:lol: Yeah, no shit. I was waiting to see if Eddie would leave the stage for a minute to wash his hands or at least get some Purell, but it doesn't seem like it. :? I am happy for the guy - everything will be different now; how exciting. :lol:

I was thinking about this too, cuz I've noticed when Ed shares his bottle he wipes it off with his shirt before drinking it again, so I thought it was kinda funny that he handled the dreads so easily :lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    I would have to wash my hands immediately if I did what Ed did.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    He could catch herpes like that, they say you can get it from the mouth before anywhere else :?
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    This is hilarious! :lol:
    How did he get up on stage?

I can't help to think that the people standing near him at the concert, must have been happy to get rid of those long dreads, flying around. I mean, ponytails are annoying, but imagine having robes made out of hair, swing 1 meter out in every direction :? :shock: :evil: can't be very pleasant....
  • Options
    That was so funny. I am amazed that Eddie did this . Was that a fan who got asked up ?
  • Options
    PJenPJen Posts: 127
    That is the funniest thing I've ever seen at a concert, hands down! Leave it to EV! :D
    "Don't let it get ya down, ya know, still give your love, just give it away. I love singing that part." -- EV (SVT)
  • Options
    Kamptbc wrote:
    That was so funny. I am amazed that Eddie did this . Was that a fan who got asked up ?
    According the fanview set list, the guy had a sign saying he'd cut his hair if they played Jeremy (I think it was Jeremy, anyway). Eddie talked about it much earlier in the show when he first saw the sign, but didn't call him up there to do it until much later (probably after someone on the crew tracked down the clippers).
    I hope dread guy posts about it here! What an experience he had! WOW!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Kamptbc wrote:
    According the fanview set list, the guy had a sign saying he'd cut his hair if they played Jeremy (I think it was Jeremy, anyway). Eddie talked about it much earlier in the show when he first saw the sign, but didn't call him up there to do it until much later (probably after someone on the crew tracked down the clippers).
    brain of j
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Kamptbc wrote:
    I hope dread guy posts about it here! What an experience he had! WOW!
    The Jeremy Spokane sign was from someone by the rail. The dread guy's sign was for Brain of J
    NERDS!