Options

Sorry

2»

Comments

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    DURP wrote:
    We are "SUPPOSED" to be moving next week. But the dang contractors have been saying that since Oct yes I said Oct. We thought we were moving a week after the Buffalo show. So that has contributed to my stress and craziness.

Yeah, we're supposed to be moving next week too. People say its one of the most stressful things you can do and they ain't bullshitting. Stay strong, hang in there and try not to let it get on top of you man! Easier said than done I know. When in doubt, listen to PJ. Good luck with it.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    DURP wrote:

We are "SUPPOSED" to be moving next week. But the dang contractors have been saying that since Oct yes I said Oct. We thought we were moving a week after the Buffalo show. So that has contributed to my stress and craziness. But when we move I will look for it. I usually have that series set up for DVR but the wife recorded some show of her's so mine got booted.

Your contractors have to get all the Lightning Bolt albums shipped first!

In all seriousness, I know that I can't relate to your personal experiences as a vet, but I do get emotional thinking about vets and what they've endured to protect our freedoms. The unbelievable sacrifices you've made for your country are so often taken for granted. I will never know the feelings that you endure on a daily basis, however I wish you all the best in your daily struggle. The PJ forum is a place where you can find caring people for sure. It's weeding out the 5% (as per one of your earlier messages) that may help keep you from being dragged down into more troll-like posts. Nothing wrong with taking a break from the forum altogether from time to time as well. I'll leave you with a few things that I instantly think of when I see your name, DURP. All the best to you.

Herp-Derp-Derp-Derp-random-28593627-486-301.jpg
    a5f5a2303e9cfccf1783bb8895c31251.jpg
    h2CD00B85
    derp-star-trek-jpg.jpg
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Sweet, very cool of you.
  • Options
    forget the sorry, just erase your less than decent posts...no need to create another post to state the obvious
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,619
    forget the sorry, just erase your less than decent posts...no need to create another post to state the obvious
    Well that doesn't work. They were all quoted.
    Not very gracious of you.... it's a sincere apology and a good explanation.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    This is relief for something that was on my mind today..

Holy shit, these little avatars are actually humans.. :D

Hope thing get easier soon and we are all here if needed
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    Take it easy DURP. Be kind to yourself. Know that people care...and are listening to Buffalo boot too!
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,786
    Caveeze wrote:
    This is relief for something that was on my mind today..

Holy shit, these little avatars are actually humans.. :D

Hope thing get easier soon and we are all here if needed

I was worried too though I don't know you DURP. I saw some earlier posts that had me feeling concerned for a fellow pj fan who was clearly hurting. Glad you reached out for help and also chatted with us. Maybe talk to the doc about your meds? Hope you find peace.

Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    Hi there, I do not generally read and post on the boards here that often, but decided to log in to just let you know that people care - especially fellow pearl jammers. The holidays can be brutal. Take each day, one day at a time. If you can get outdoors and get some exercise and fresh air, I think that would help quite a bit. Also, reaching out to others that may also be suffering or volunteering someplace during the holiday season can do a great deal to make you feel better and take those suicidal thoughts away. And thank you for your service, you are a braver, stronger soul than I and you are valued here and in the world. Be kind to yourself. :)

Hang in there. It will get better.
  • Options
    Well Durp...

We had a 'less than pleasant exchange' in that other thread.

It's helpful to understand your mindset and I hope whatever I said has not added to the weight you feel on your shoulders. At the end of the day- as Caveeze said- we are not our avatars.. we are people with real life problems.

I commend you for stopping the train and attempting to rectify what you obviously felt needed rectifying. If the woman that Eddie kicked out of the pit had done something similar on these pages- instead of creating that hilarious story to explain her poor conduct- I am sure she would be feeling a lot better about herself and this community.

Have a good one.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Well Durp...

We had a 'less than pleasant exchange' in that other thread.

It's helpful to understand your mindset and I hope whatever I said has not added to the weight you feel on your shoulders. At the end of the day- as Caveeze said- we are not our avatars.. we are people with real life problems.

I commend you for stopping the train and attempting to rectify what you obviously felt needed rectifying. If the woman that Eddie kicked out of the pit had done something similar on these pages- instead of creating that hilarious story to explain her poor conduct- I am sure she would be feeling a lot better about herself and this community.

Have a good one.

I didn't see her post. But it is easier to man or woman up and say I was wrong instead of making up excuses. None of you did anything I was just lashing out at anyone and everyone.

Your comments don't stick with me. I know I was wrong. But with my mental state sometimes it's easier for me to attack then to ask for help by saying Hey can someone PM or whatever I need to vent.

A lot of you who sent me messages might just get asked that next time.

No worries about anything. I was in the wrong and I know it.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    kc007 wrote:
    Hi there, I do not generally read and post on the boards here that often, but decided to log in to just let you know that people care - especially fellow pearl jammers. The holidays can be brutal. Take each day, one day at a time. If you can get outdoors and get some exercise and fresh air, I think that would help quite a bit. Also, reaching out to others that may also be suffering or volunteering someplace during the holiday season can do a great deal to make you feel better and take those suicidal thoughts away. And thank you for your service, you are a braver, stronger soul than I and you are valued here and in the world. Be kind to yourself. :)

It's already to cold outside. I hate winter snow needs to go away. This crazy weather. Last year at this time I was sitting outside in a tee shirt smoking a turkey. This year there is 3" of snow on the ground and we will be lucky to get out of the 30's.

I will think about going to the new VA when we move and volunteering. Heck I might even take my guitar and play some of my silly songs I write. Nothing is grammy or PJ worthy but I get a kick out of them when I do write them. Who knows if I can get one person to smile then it's worth it.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    evsgjamm wrote:
    DURP wrote:

We are "SUPPOSED" to be moving next week. But the dang contractors have been saying that since Oct yes I said Oct. We thought we were moving a week after the Buffalo show. So that has contributed to my stress and craziness. But when we move I will look for it. I usually have that series set up for DVR but the wife recorded some show of her's so mine got booted.

Your contractors have to get all the Lightning Bolt albums shipped first!

In all seriousness, I know that I can't relate to your personal experiences as a vet, but I do get emotional thinking about vets and what they've endured to protect our freedoms. The unbelievable sacrifices you've made for your country are so often taken for granted. I will never know the feelings that you endure on a daily basis, however I wish you all the best in your daily struggle. The PJ forum is a place where you can find caring people for sure. It's weeding out the 5% (as per one of your earlier messages) that may help keep you from being dragged down into more troll-like posts. Nothing wrong with taking a break from the forum altogether from time to time as well. I'll leave you with a few things that I instantly think of when I see your name, DURP. All the best to you.

Herp-Derp-Derp-Derp-random-28593627-486-301.jpg
    a5f5a2303e9cfccf1783bb8895c31251.jpg
    h2CD00B85
    derp-star-trek-jpg.jpg

All of these made me LOL literally thank you. I need humor in my life.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    kc007 wrote:

It's already to cold outside. I hate winter snow needs to go away. This crazy weather. Last year at this time I was sitting outside in a tee shirt smoking a turkey. This year there is 3" of snow on the ground and we will be lucky to get out of the 30's.

I will think about going to the new VA when we move and volunteering. Heck I might even take my guitar and play some of my silly songs I write. Nothing is grammy or PJ worthy but I get a kick out of them when I do write them. Who knows if I can get one person to smile then it's worth it.

I know the cold weather can be a reason to stay inside, but try getting out there and just talking a good walk or hike somewhere for at least 45 mins. Wear warm layers. I used to hate the cold too, but I love running and I've found that winter is my favorite season because I run better in the cold. The endorphins make me feel great. Exercise is key in keeping an even keel wrt your mood.

I think you should volunteer at that VA play that guitar like you are playing a sold out coliseum :D
  • Options
    kc007 wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    kc007 wrote:

I know the cold weather can be a reason to stay inside, but try getting out there and just talking a good walk or hike somewhere for at least 45 mins. Wear warm layers. I used to hate the cold too, but I love running and I've found that winter is my favorite season because I run better in the cold. The endorphins make me feel great. Exercise is key in keeping an even keel wrt your mood.

I think you should volunteer at that VA play that guitar like you are playing a sold out coliseum :D

I do plan on buying a punching bag soon. My problem is I have the back of a 70 year old. I am 36 and I have nerve damage, arthritis and herniated disk. It hurts to play guitar most days and on those days when it really hurts I play my Uke (I am looking for the Ukulele song book if anyone has a lead on it let me know) I love playing silly songs on my instruments. But what sucks is how much pain I am in from injuries I had. I'm tough but some days I can't deal with it. Then when my depression goes into full swing it's the perfect storm.

I will work on getting out of the house and volunteering at the VA and going to churches and giving free lessons to kids or adults.

I just ask that next time I feel like this that I can PM or just vent in a random thread.

I love you guys and I mean. I will set fire to the earth if any of you need anything.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,371
    It was really thoughtful of you to post this DURP, and I hope you received my PM last night. I didn't want to assume something was up or you were angry or whatever, but it appears to be so. Just wanted to let you know - no hard feelings, and it's okay man. Takes a lot to open up and be honest, and I have utmost respect for you for doing that.

If you need to vent or get shit out or anything, hit me up anytime. Life can get pretty heavy at times, and it may sound strange but sometimes I find solace from complete strangers.

I also find solace in really stupid humor. One of the previous posts of the Oprah pic reminded me of this:

oprah-bees.gif
  • Options
    adusick wrote:
    It was really thoughtful of you to post this DURP, and I hope you received my PM last night. I didn't want to assume something was up or you were angry or whatever, but it appears to be so. Just wanted to let you know - no hard feelings, and it's okay man. Takes a lot to open up and be honest, and I have utmost respect for you for doing that.

If you need to vent or get shit out or anything, hit me up anytime. Life can get pretty heavy at times, and it may sound strange but sometimes I find solace from complete strangers.

I also find solace in really stupid humor. One of the previous posts of the Oprah pic reminded me of this:

oprah-bees.gif

Dude I can't read your post that picture keeps making me laugh
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,371
    DURP wrote:
    adusick wrote:

oprah-bees.gif

Dude I can't read your post that picture keeps making me laugh

:D
  • Options
    edited November 2013

I will think about going to the new VA when we move and volunteering. Heck I might even take my guitar and play some of my silly songs I write. Nothing is grammy or PJ worthy but I get a kick out of them when I do write them. Who knows if I can get one person to smile then it's worth it.[/quote]

I think you should volunteer at that VA play that guitar like you are playing a sold out coliseum
    :D[/quote]

I do plan on buying a punching bag soon. My problem is I have the back of a 70 year old. I am 36 and I have nerve damage, arthritis and herniated disk. It hurts to play guitar most days and on those days when it really hurts I play my Uke (I am looking for the Ukulele song book if anyone has a lead on it let me know) I love playing silly songs on my instruments. But what sucks is how much pain I am in from injuries I had. I'm tough but some days I can't deal with it. Then when my depression goes into full swing it's the perfect storm.

I will work on getting out of the house and volunteering at the VA and going to churches and giving free lessons to kids or adults.

I just ask that next time I feel like this that I can PM or just vent in a random thread.

I love you guys and I mean. I will set fire to the earth if any of you need anything.[/quote]

I cannot even imagine what its like to deal with the physical injuries you sustained, I know it must be difficult at times and 36 is so young to feel all that physical pain. I only know of the hurt and pain one can feel from emotional pain. I will keep you in my prayers that your injuries heal and your back is strong and pain free again. Do what you can, if you can walk without pain, try to do that just to keep the heart healthy and to slowly build your overall strength. The punching bag sounds like a fun idea, especially with some Pearl Jam playing :D

I think most people here would be open to you reaching out to them when you need to vent. We all have bad days and sometimes you just need to tell someone how you feel, especially when you have thoughts of hurting yourself. Do you keep a journal? Sometimes it can help to write what you feel, even if you never show anyone its just a snap shot of you at that moment. You can then reflect back on the negatives (or positive things) and try to find something positive out of it.

Remember just take a few small steps. Don't get overwhelmed by the injuries or how they may make you feel restricted about doing things. At 36, you still have a lot to look forward to!
    Post edited by kc007 on
  • Options
    All of you rock. You all are now official Pollock's

Thank you for caring. If any of you need anything let me know I will do anything I can for you. This band has been through hell and back with me and it's great to know that the fans have each other's back when shit get's tough.

Again I can't apologize for being a cock enough. But I am sorry to all of you.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    TN70407TN70407 Posts: 206
    Hang in there durp, and remember, no matter how mean you were on the forum... You will never get more crap than someone who does a shit poster...unless you're mean, and did a shit poster. Well then your screwed.
  • Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    I have no idea what posts have been made that need apologising for but kudos to you for doing so! I don't have a spare copy of the Uke songbook but I am happy to scan it and email it over to you if that is of any use? PM me if so and I'll try to get it done ASAP.
    Cheers,
    Damian
  • Options
    I have done some of the same shit, Durp. I have issues with depression, and I went through a stage that if I was drunk, sometimes it got so bad I thought the world was against me, so I reacted in kind. I once emailed an old friend I hadn't seen in years and tore a strip off him for no reason. It was very strange when I think back to it....it's like I have memories of someone else's experiences. Good thing this guy has gone through similar issues as me, so he understood once we talked about it.

Sometimes being a dick anonymously is the best thing, to be honest. Not encouraging it, but it's better than permanantly ruining a face to face relationship with friends or family.

I have never played any of the songs I've written over the years for anyone. I also think to myself "shit, this doesn't come CLOSE to anything that I like to listen to". But in the end I play for ME (and my daughters). All that matters is not if anyone else enjoys it, it's if you enjoy it.

Take care, brother.

If you need to, pm me.

Paul
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Anyone hear from Durp lately?

Hope he's doing ok.
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."