Options

Sorry

DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
edited December 2013 in The Porch
I am being a huge Dick right now to a lot of you for no reason. I am severely depressed and for some reason my meds are not working like normal. Part of it is this time of year. I'm not going to get into but let's say Christmas was not always merry at my house growing up.

I'm big enough to admit when I am being wrong and a Dick. None of you deserve the way I acted it's not your fault. Sorry for being a major asshole.
My butt itches!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    We all have our moments.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    have some pj: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWEPgBTe34g

Pretty good audience audio from the Phoenix show which was a nice setlist. Live PJ usually helps me, give it a try. :)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    If you are a looking for an outlet to troll go over to reddit, the place is great because they can't ban you.
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:
    If you are a looking for an outlet to troll go over to reddit, the place is great because they can't ban you.

I was just lashing out at the world.

I don't know what reddit even is.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Very nicely said. Don't sweat it too much. At the end of the day your other posts were just words.

More importantly, take care of yourself. I wish the best for you through your tough times and I hope you're feeling better very soon.

Before you know it, we'll all be back to debating best posters, songs, setlists, & bootlegs.

Take care.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:

Pretty good audience audio from the Phoenix show which was a nice setlist. Live PJ usually helps me, give it a try. :)

I just got the Buffalo show.

But what calmed me down was calling the Veterans Crisis Hotline.

I'm still feeling down and sad but the murderous rage and feelings of self harm are gone.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    This may be the best post on the board in recent times.
    Hugs, Durp, even if you don't want them.
    How many of us have the balls to apologize like this?

If the holidays bring bad memories, then fuck em and treat em like any other day. And maybe one day you can start making positive memories to replace the bad ones. Good luck.
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    TinAnt wrote:

I was just lashing out at the world.

I don't know what reddit even is.

It is a mixture of pretty much every type of person in the world, there are plenty of depressed or unhappy people there that lash out(because its fun) in trollish ways. You might even find some people that are like minded and become part of a community. Or you can head over and try to find some help for what ever is bothering you.

add .com to the end of reddit and you will be there.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,849
    It is really cool of you to apologize. Wishing you the best! Buy that Buffalo boot- that should help :).
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited November 2013
    TinAnt wrote:
    That is some good advice. :)
    Hope you're feeling a little more cheery and less of a dick soon DURP. ;)
    As for Xams.... yeah, fuck it if you don't like it. Just pretend all the decorations are simply the result of people being bored. :D
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I hope you will feel better soon :)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TinAnt wrote:
    Hope you're feeling a little more cheery soon DURP.

I'm working on it.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TinAnt wrote:
    As for Xams.... yeah, fuck it if you don't like it. Just pretend all the decorations are simply the result of people being bored. :D

When someone apologizes we take that to heart. We also don't encourage trolling here or elsewhere. Please see the Posting Guidelines. Thank you.

Peace,
    Sea
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TinAnt wrote:

When someone apologizes we take that to heart. We also don't encourage trolling here or elsewhere. Please see the Posting Guidelines. Thank you.

Peace,
    Sea
    Oops, sorry - I thought it was a joke!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    DURP wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:

I'm still feeling down and sad but the murderous rage and feelings of self harm are gone.

Check these guys out too http://iava.org
    Get involved in some things if you have free time, it helps, especially being around like minded individuals. There's a few vets on this board too. I'm glad the hotline people were able to help you out. :)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    I have a friend who was in Iraq and he is going through some similar issues. I hope you are feeling better and thanks for your service. I know the VA gets a bad rap sometimes but there are some good people there and it's good you are reaching out to let them help.
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives,.....choosing the shiny ones instead,......
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Hey Matey! :wave: don't be sad Durpster!! ;) always have a friend here in Oz!! :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    I am being a huge Dick right now to a lot of you for no reason. I am severely depressed and for some reason my meds are not working like normal. Part of it is this time of year. I'm not going to get into but let's say Christmas was not always merry at my house growing up.

I'm big enough to admit when I am being wrong and a Dick. None of you deserve the way I acted it's not your fault. Sorry for being a major asshole.

Don't sweat the small stuff man. Thanks for posting I was worried about you. Feel better, take care of yourself and try to enjoy the holiday as best you can.

Peace, love & PJ,

Chris
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TinAnt wrote:

Peace,
    Sea

I am specifically discouraging trolling here, as it is not allowed. Trolling is allowed at reddit and in some places specifically encouraged. Their admins don't moderate, the users do.

I'm just trying to help the guy find a place to vent in a way he deems fit, and it is very likely he will find some help along the way.
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:
    Sea wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Peace,
    Sea

I am specifically discouraging trolling here, as it is not allowed. Trolling is allowed at reddit and in some places specifically encouraged. Their admins don't moderate, the users do.

I'm just trying to help the guy find a place to vent in a way he deems fit, and it is very likely he will find some help along the way.
    It is true that it's a free for all at Reddit anyway! That place is way too chaotic for me! :lol:
    Really DURP, now I feel bad - I really do hope you are feeling better soon! I know it's hard when it feels (and is) so out of one's control, so hoping you find the thing that helps you out of the dark place! :)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    DURP wrote:

Glad you reached out...keep hanging in there, and do what you need.

Good thoughts to you.
  • Options
    takes a big man to apologize and admit being in the wrong. I give you credit for that. May I suggest, and I am not trying to be a dick here, watching the Steve Gleason A Football Life if you have NFL Network. Not sure when it re-airs, but I know they are repeating it. It is truly uplifting and inspirational. And it kicks off with an Eddie Vedder solo song. I won't spoil it by saying what song. I was pleasantly surprised when the show started. I was expecting some PJ, maybe Steve introducing the band at Voodoo fest, but was surprised with what they used
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Really thanks. I don't have more to say except that. You guys are awesome and thanks for accepting my apology like I said I just lashed out and none of you deserved it. 95% of the people here are really cool and I'm happy that you all accepted my apology and am wishing me better days ahead.

LouLou I have two friends in OZ now. I met her at my cousin's wedding this year. I have gone global I guess.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    takes a big man to apologize and admit being in the wrong. I give you credit for that. May I suggest, and I am not trying to be a dick here, watching the Steve Gleason A Football Life if you have NFL Network. Not sure when it re-airs, but I know they are repeating it. It is truly uplifting and inspirational. And it kicks off with an Eddie Vedder solo song. I won't spoil it by saying what song. I was pleasantly surprised when the show started. I was expecting some PJ, maybe Steve introducing the band at Voodoo fest, but was surprised with what they used

We are "SUPPOSED" to be moving next week. But the dang contractors have been saying that since Oct yes I said Oct. We thought we were moving a week after the Buffalo show. So that has contributed to my stress and craziness. But when we move I will look for it. I usually have that series set up for DVR but the wife recorded some show of her's so mine got booted.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Hope you get some help and feel better. Take it a minute, a day at a time. It will get better. There is nothing you can't overcome if you take a deep breath and realize it's not insurmountable.

And if you need us to get some of your anguish on, then we're here for ya. And when you feel better, come chat and tell us what your favorite off the new album is, and we will be there for ya, too.

Be good.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    keep your head up, man. sending good thoughts your way.

-Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    No worries dude... I certainly get like that... a lot.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    DURP wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:

I'm glad you called the Veterans Crisis Hotline and they were able to help you. I hope you make through the holidays ok since it's a particularly rough time for you. And I hope you continue to feel better.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    is all good man..we are have good and bad moments.its human,its life..
    have a great day,.cheers from Greece
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Great of you to address some questionale posts. Best of luck. And if you're suicidal, know that suicide is a bad thing. Youre lifeless body would look hideous, and you would leave those around you with everlasting pain.