Options

The Number Notebook for GA is horrifically flawed.

13»

Comments

• Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I'm going to be at LA night one with my 17 year old son for his 1st Pearl Jam concert. I have never been close to front row, and this time, I plan on making every effort to be.

We are driving down very early Saturday morning from Las Vegas, and plan on spending the ENTIRE day at the venue. We will get our tickets and get in line. If one of of us has to leave to take a pee break, the other will stay. If we want to get some merch, one of us will stay in line. If for some crazy reason we both need to leave the line, I will arrange it with the people behind and in front of me, and not be gone for more than a few minutes. I plan on GETTING my spot and STAYING in my spot. I will follow the 10C rules and the venue's rules. If anyone thinks they're going to flash some stupid notebook or wave a markered hand at me to get in front of me, you have another thing coming. If it's not part of the procedure/policy given to me by 10 Club or on my ticket confirmation, it doesn't mean SHIT.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    I'm going to be at LA night one with my 17 year old son for his 1st Pearl Jam concert. I have never been close to front row, and this time, I plan on making every effort to be.

We are driving down very early Saturday morning from Las Vegas, and plan on spending the ENTIRE day at the venue. We will get our tickets and get in line. If one of of us has to leave to take a pee break, the other will stay. If we want to get some merch, one of us will stay in line. If for some crazy reason we both need to leave the line, I will arrange it with the people behind and in front of me, and not be gone for more than a few minutes. I plan on GETTING my spot and STAYING in my spot. I will follow the 10C rules and the venue's rules. If anyone thinks they're going to flash some stupid notebook or wave a markered hand at me to get in front of me, you have another thing coming. If it's not part of the procedure/policy given to me by 10 Club or on my ticket confirmation, it doesn't mean SHIT.

Right on my man! See ya down there!
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    I wonder what the band would think of this system and their Faithfull fans that instigate it?

I wouldn't blame them if they ever quit they have the most high maintenance fans on the planet.
  • Options
    And just to provide an update. I did hear back from the 10 Club. Their message to me was this: If we change it for upcoming tours, we'll publish the change to let you know. For now, it's first come, first served.

So they didn't really have any comment on the list-making system by fans and its propensity in allowing some fans to get out of truly waiting.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 692
    This system is ridiculous. Not every fan spends hours on this forum. They would have no idea this "system" even exists. Honestly, the whole thing is really juvenile.
  • Options
    Arbitrary rules like that should not be enforced, that is pretty ridiculous.
  • Options
    halv wrote:
    This system is ridiculous. Not every fan spends hours on this forum. They would have no idea this "system" even exists. Honestly, the whole thing is really juvenile.

This was me...no idea about the list. When I passed the GA line at 3pm there were only about 20 people in line so I figured I had time to hit up the preparty and came back around 5. I had a pretty good place in line until the line doubled in front of me. OKC security was enforcing the fan-run notebook. It was a bit of a downer.

I'm used to the good old days when you stayed put once you got your place in line.

Oh well....I would still try for GA again, but next time I will be better prepared.
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    halv wrote:

This was me...no idea about the list. When I passed the GA line at 3pm there were only about 20 people in line so I figured I had time to hit up the preparty and came back around 5. I had a pretty good place in line until the line doubled in front of me. OKC security was enforcing the fan-run notebook. It was a bit of a downer.

I'm used to the good old days when you stayed put once you got your place in line.

Oh well....I would still try for GA again, but next time I will be better prepared.

And see this too is some total BS that happens as well. The Adolph Listlers talk anyone they can that's working at the venue into buying into it. The security or workers there think, ok, sure I guess, sounds good, and then off the numbered people go to enjoy the day while others are truly waiting all day. The listers return and say, hey we're back, everyone give us our spots. (And once again, I realize that there are a whole lot of genuine people that don't abuse like this).
  • Options
    can we go back to having circle pits
  • Options

I cant believe no vegas show since 06, especially after the 10th anniversary show was in vegas
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    can we go back to having circle pits

No, we are too busy watching the show thru our phone/camera viewfinders and making sure our posters do not get wrinkled.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Yes it's total BS.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    halv wrote:

This is also what happened to me in Charlottesville. The kicker was seeing the same people from the bar I just left arrive after me and go to the front.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Notebook - schmotebook
    Enjoy the city, meet some fans, see new places and don't waste your day on a stupid line in the hopes of getting feet closer. Ridiculous. Have a few beers and what not, get ready to join the energy in the place and have a great time.

If you want to be the person who stood on a line from 3 am to go stand in line to go stand during the show and that makes you happy - go for it! Your hard work, determination and stick-to-it-ness should be rewarded.

But take it from this old concert goer who's had rail, back of floor top of rafters and every spot possible...in the long run you were at the show. The friends you make, the people you hang with and the experiences of the day sometimes make an "epic" show even more epic.
    Trust me on that.
    In the building ANYWHERE is better then not being there period.

As far as this non-sanctioned notebook nonsense - LOL. Yet another non-10C elitist fan lazy method to try to"get rail" without doing the work. Life ain't about shortcuts. Neither is GA. If you wave your marker'd up hand and claim notebook at me while I'm walking in, expect to get laughed at like you are Richard Pryor. My response will be as graceful as Andrew Dice Clay.

Enjoy the show and the total experience. And for everyone worrying about how close you are going to get, be grateful for the best place (and closest) in the building if you are GA. And in true GA form, find your space and rock out!!!
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24