Loud Shoes

2»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited March 2015
    i used to have a neighbor vvho vvas a loud vvalker. it's not just shoes you knovv. you see, she's a mental disability vverevvolf vvho's eating haldol like m&ms. therefore you hear the haldol shuffle as she strolls dovvn the sidevvalk in her pajamas & slippers. she makes a set of fuzzy slippers sound like a nightmare. she can not sneak up on anyone, not ever. plus she rolls her on cigarettes & coughs like ten sons a vvhatnots.

she's nice enough & means no harm to anyone but god dang it she shuffles (vvalks) along just as loud as you can imagine at 3 in the afternoon in her pajamas, loud slippers, roll your ovvns & zero teeth

Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I have these new Asics that I have not broken in yet, damn things squeak when I walk, I'm praying that goes away as I wear them more, it is so annoying...and it's not like squeaking against the tile floor I'm walking on, it's the actual shoe squeaking...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    my wife would not be pleased with this post...we have wood floors...when I'm watching TV in the basement, I can hardly hear my show with these things clomping overhead:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • She wears her shoes in the house? Those shoes would mark up the hardwood, no?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    imalive said:

my wife would not be pleased with this post...we have wood floors...when I'm watching TV in the basement, I can hardly hear my show with these things clomping overhead:

My mom wears those...but not in the house...everyone in my family takes their shoes off in the house unless we're immediately leaving again...
    Tattooed Dissident!

She wears her shoes in the house? Those shoes would mark up the hardwood, no?

No marks and generally just for awhile when she gets home from work.

She claims they're super comfortable....I claim they're super loud.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I claim they're super pretty.
    My upstairs neighbors are the worst. They don't have carpet and they stomp around so bad I'm convinced they're gonna come down through the ceiling one day. They've woken me up at 430am many times.
    I seem to remember it was given as advice to business-y type people to wear loud shoes because it projects confidence and self assuredness and tool-bagness which is the sort of thing people who pay business-y type people look for.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    imalive said:

I thought she was a teacher?

I used to wear the mule version of those when I worked at the clinic.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJSiren said:

imalive said:

My mom wears those...but not in the house...everyone in my family takes their shoes off in the house unless we're immediately leaving again...
    Smart people! We have 'outside' shoes spot by the front door, on the other side are the 'inside' shoes.. We just trade out as we come in or go out.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    my boss' shoes squeak (and walks really hard and fast) and the ends of his shoe laces click on his shoes when he walks....aahhhhhh. and the MORE I try NOT to hear it.. the LOUDER It seems.

yeah.. he drives me crazy.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    RKCNDY said:

imalive said:

She is....lots of standing....and clomping :smiley:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    imalive said:

RKCNDY said:

imalive said:

She is....lots of standing....and clomping :smiley:
    Now the next time I see you guys, I'm gonna be listening for clomping...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    PJSiren said:

I have these new Asics that I have not broken in yet, damn things squeak when I walk, I'm praying that goes away as I wear them more, it is so annoying...and it's not like squeaking against the tile floor I'm walking on, it's the actual shoe squeaking...

I was gonna write about my Asics too. They sound horrible, totally squeaky. Everyone in my family makes fun of me. Bad news - I've had them a while.

Rob, what sound do Crocs make?
    Enkidu said:

PJSiren said:

I was gonna write about my Asics too. They sound horrible, totally squeaky. Everyone in my family makes fun of me. Bad news - I've had them a while.

Oh no...the squeak doesn't go away??? lol I may never buy Asics again...haha
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Enkidu said:

PJSiren said:

trained assassins love crocs.....super quiet!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited March 2015
    A woman I work with (and am friendly with) recently got a promotion and all of a sudden she is literally STOMPING around in super loud shoes and boots, so I guess it really is an ego thing (i don't think she realizes it also makes her seem really angry all the time). Me and my Converse don't get it, lol. You can hear it even when you're all the way on the other side of the department, with 3 hallways worth of offices and meeting rooms in between. I really want to say something but don't know how without pissing her off or offending her.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Has no one else had a flashback to that Seinfeld with Elaine and the tic-tacs dude?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Fn clompy shoes! Ha!
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    hedonist said:

Has no one else had a flashback to that Seinfeld with Elaine and the tic-tacs dude?

Haha. Yes! The sidler.

I'm going to sidle the sidler.