Loud Shoes

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm working in a clinic today. Have to share an office with some chick that works here.
Anyways, she has these super loud, clompin shoes. You can hear her anywhere she goes. I can hear her now on the other side of the clinic clompin away. Sounds like a fn horse!
She comes back...
mca47: "Those are some loud shoes you got there."
Clomper: "Yeah, sorry..."
mca47: "How do you expect to sneak up on anyone wearing those things?"
*akward silence*

You should have seen the look on Clomper's face! Pretty sure she thinks I'm psychotic or some sort of serial killer now! :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, I don't get loud shoes... Why would anyone want to make f'n clomping noise when they walk around. It sounds like her shoes are made of wood or something. Seriously sounds like a fn horse trottin around!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    I think it's an ego thing -- announcing your presence. Have you ever noticed that men's dress shoes can be just as loud?

Also, most shoe stores are carpeted. I bet that a lot of folks who put on their new shoes for the first time on a harder surface are unpleasantly surprised at how damn loud they are.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    my shoes are quiet. except on this very long hallway at work, where they squeak loudly. maybe it's my shoes, maybe its the floor polish.
  • :lol:
  • She's loud in bed and is telling you that.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • She's loud in bed and is telling you that.
    Who wears shoes to bed?
    That's just weird!
    I...
    Oh!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    She's loud in bed and is telling you that.
    Who wears shoes to bed?
    That's just weird!
    I...
    Oh!

Cheers.
    Animal+House.jpg
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Clomper :lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I find loud shoes really obnoxious, but I do really like that people wearing them can't sneak up behind me while I'm fucking around on the internet at work. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i try to avoid clompin shoes when i can. when i can't, i buy those little grippy cushy things to stick on the soles. i wear flats most of the time anyway.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Some chicks actually like to shuffle around and make their shoes clomp.

Just think of when she is 75 and her feet are all knurled and smashed up because she clomped around so much.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Just think of when she is 75 and her feet are all knurled and smashed up because she clomped around so much.
    There is a chick in my office who refuses to pick her feet up off the floor. She just shuffles around making a huge awful scraping noise that hurts my teeth. Sometimes I kind of want to punch her! :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

There is a chick in my office who refuses to pick her feet up off the floor. She just shuffles around making a huge awful scraping noise that hurts my teeth. Sometimes I kind of want to punch her! :P

Does she wear flip-flops often too? That's the worst!

(I am guilty of shuffling in Costco...but only because I'm 'cart skating' on those polished concrete floors :lol: )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    She might as well worn tap shoes.
    It wasn't even "clomp, clomp" but it was this dragging multi-clomp per foot...like the heel hit first, was dragged a bit then another clomp from the same foot. I officially hated her by 10AM. :lol:

How does anyone find that acceptable?
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    "walk softly and carry a big stick"

thats me :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Oh boy here we go!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Oh boy here we go!
    :lol:
  • mca47 wrote:
    Seriously sounds like a fn horse trottin around!

I keep coming back to read this line :lol::lol:
  • dankind wrote:
    I think it's an ego thing -- announcing your presence. Have you ever noticed that men's dress shoes can be just as loud?

Also, most shoe stores are carpeted. I bet that a lot of folks who put on their new shoes for the first time on a harder surface are unpleasantly surprised at how damn loud they are.

I agree with the first part, but I don't think they're unpleasantly surprised. It's a business women's thing and it's a power thing, or like you said an ego thing. Or else they'd take the shoes back. It's intentional and I agree with the OP - it's really f'n annoying. I've actually stopped dead in my tracks and stared at women's shoes as they're walking by, asking myself why the hell they like being so loud.

But I bet you anything these are the same type of women who like to be on top and in control. So it all evens out.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    mca47 wrote:

I should have put an apple or carrot on her desk! :lol:

Back to the analysis...she was an awful person! Even before I freaked her out by my comment she acted like she was queen-shit. :lol:
    Annnnd it looked horribly painful watching her walk or stumble around on those fn ridiculous shoes. While painful, she walked everywhere with a sense of purpose. "Gotta get there and back with speed and authority!" :fp:
    The good thing I suppose was that I was able to make my post on here knowing exactly where she was without having her come back and seeing my screen. :lol: I guarantee you everyone in that clinic makes fun of her knowing they are safe to do so as they know where she is at all times. :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Oh boy here we go!
    :corn:
  • mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Back to the analysis...she was an awful person! Even before I freaked her out by my comment she acted like she was queen-shit. :lol:
    Annnnd it looked horribly painful watching her walk or stumble around on those fn ridiculous shoes. While painful, she walked everywhere with a sense of purpose. "Gotta get there and back with speed and authority!" :fp:
    The good thing I suppose was that I was able to make my post on here knowing exactly where she was without having her come back and seeing my screen. :lol: I guarantee you everyone in that clinic makes fun of her knowing they are safe to do so as they know where she is at all times. :lol:

Neiiggghhhh NEIGGHHHH :lol::lol::lol:
    can you please paint a full picture MCA?

describe this horse-woman in full detail.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    i once had a similiar experience-

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=144740&hilit=+socks&start=180
    www.myspace.com
    Caveeze wrote:

:lol::lol:
    Blonde
    Early 40s
    Clumpy shoes
    Big head
    Man face
    Skirt with a big butt
    Clompy shoes
    Overly confident
    Awful personality
    Bad perfume
    Terrible voice
    Clompy shoes
    Really loud and aggressive typer. She was pounding on those keys!! Most likely due to sexual frustration...
    Bad coffee drinker. Kept sucking it in with her lips rather than drinking it.
    Clompy shoes.
    Kept getting mad at other people who would email her. Sighs and "ughs" all over the place.
    Did I mention clompy shoes? :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Blonde
    Early 40s
    Clumpy shoes
    Big head
    Man face
    Skirt with a big butt
    Clompy shoes
    Overly confident
    Awful personality
    Bad perfume
    Terrible voice
    Clompy shoes
    Really loud and aggressive typer. She was pounding on those keys!! Most likely due to sexual frustration...
    Clompy shoes.
    Kept getting mad at other people who would email her. Sighs and "ughs" all over the place.
    So, when is the big date? :lol::lol::lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Skirt with a big butt

Her skirt had a big butt?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Caveeze wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Blonde
    Early 40s
    Clumpy shoes
    Big head
    Man face
    Skirt with a big butt
    Clompy shoes
    Overly confident
    Awful personality
    Bad perfume
    Terrible voice
    Clompy shoes
    Clompy shoes.
    So, when is the big date? :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    There was a lady clomping around at the store today...I laughed and thought of this thread.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Lmao I had a lady cone into the store where I work yesterday.. And she has these HUGEplatfoms on with these funky shorts. And I swear she picked up her foot like a Clydesdale!! So not kidding, and when she plieseêd her hoof, I mean foot down, she looked like a Standard Bred horse in show! Which TOTALLY made me think of this thread.. I started laughing so hard when my boss, who is generally the nicest sweetest lady ever, looked at myself, and my co-worker friend Lisa, whom as well is a fellow retired horse trainer, and she asked us,, 'is it just me, or does that lady walk like a Tennesee Walking Hirse???" And before I could say it, Lisa, called Standard Bred! I laughed so hard!!
    Surprisingly however.. Her mighty stride was quieter than expected..