How About a Pearl Jam Obscure Fact Repository

15678911»

Comments

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,584

Well, I dunno. At one of the shows I saw in 06 or 08, I don't recall which one at the moment... Ed changed the lyric in Given to Fly to "made it to the ocean, smoked a joint in a tree." And last year in Cincinnati he told a story centered around his joint being bogarted. A lot more obvious than a split second utterance on an album track that can barely be heard. :wink:

Sung the lyrics just like that in 08 in Boston. Phenomenal 2 night run in Boston.

• Interviewer: (Is Pearl Jam) learning the Neil Young songbook?

Young: We won’t do any of the old ones... The way it’ll work is they’ll do Eddie’s songs and then they’ll do my songs. Sometimes I sing some of Eddie’s songs, and sometimes he sings on my songs. There’s a long way that it could develop.

:rofl: I swear they mess with us.
    My head hurts so much trying to understand what he means by that.
    Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both ideas are overwhelming. AE
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 15,937
    edited June 2016

There are also ones that, for one reason or another, stalled out (Martin Scorsese was contacted to work with the band in '93).

Fan. Istället för Scorcese 1993 fick vi Crowes The Fixer video 2009........
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MIPosts: 4,799
    I can delete this out if it doesn't fit here.

Did Ed go by Vedders? Typo? Lol is his last name really Vedders?

Pearl Jam - Much Music Spotlight, 1992 1/3:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB CanadaPosts: 396
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ahhh, Muchmusic, my lifeline for music growing up in Canada. In addition to PJ being highlighted in the "Labatt Blue Spotlight" they also (Stone and Ed) hosted the "Pepsi Power Hour" once. Pretty sure that's what the second half of that clip was with the Ed interview.

And I'm pretty sure Vedders was just a typo :)
  • SarahSarah TorontoPosts: 731

FoxyRedLa said:

Ahhh, Muchmusic, my lifeline for music growing up in Canada. In addition to PJ being highlighted in the "Labatt Blue Spotlight" they also (Stone and Ed) hosted the "Pepsi Power Hour" once. Pretty sure that's what the second half of that clip was with the Ed interview.

And I'm pretty sure Vedders was just a typo :)
    Never heard about Stone and Ed hosting "Power Hour" back in the day. Amazing! I *must* see this!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MAPosts: 232
    Best thread I've come across yet! Great, great stuff
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 383
    Here are the names of some original songs by Eddie.  At least the first title, I assume, seems to indicate it was written for Into the Wild.  

RUBBERTRAMP
    TRANSIT
    REEL BOW PART 1
    REEL BOW PART 2
    SPACE BUNK PART 1
    SPACE BUNK PART 2

Those were found on the Universal Music Publishing Group website.  This source also uncovered writing credits for a couple Pearl Jam songs that previously alluded me.

Chinese
    written by Stone

Olé
    music-Jeff
    words- Eddie

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 11,455
    edited March 2018
    Some Billboard records.....

-Vs. sold the most copies ever in an album's first week (later broken by Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP I believe)

-Vitalogy was released on vinyl two weeks before the CD and sold 34,000 copies...by far the most sales of vinyl record since the advent of CD until Jack White surpassed it with his second album Lazeretto

-Most albums to debut on the chart at once (Nine of the U.S. Bootlegs from the 2000 tour)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 14,882

-Vs. sold the most copies ever in an album's first week (later broken by Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP I believe)

-Vitalogy was released on vinyl two weeks before the CD and sold 34,000 copies...by far the most sales of vinyl record since the advent of CD until Jack White surpassed it with his second album Lazeretto

-Most albums to debut on the chart at once (Nine of the U.S. Bootlegs from the 2000 tour)
    Was broken by Backstreet Boys Millenium in 1999, then again in 2000 by N*Sync's No Strings Attached (a record that still stands).  The Marshall Mathers LP did indeed outsell Vs in it's first week and could have held the record, but N*Sync was released just a couple months prior.

Sidenote: Adele's 25 outsold N*Sync (by a lot!) but that includes digital sales.  The aforementioned are based on pure physical sales numbers.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 11,455

Was broken by Backstreet Boys Millenium in 1999, then again in 2000 by N*Sync's No Strings Attached (a record that still stands).  The Marshall Mathers LP did indeed outsell Vs in it's first week and could have held the record, but N*Sync was released just a couple months prior.

Sidenote: Adele's 25 outsold N*Sync (by a lot!) but that includes digital sales.  The aforementioned are based on pure physical sales numbers.

I knew this....but didn't want to acknowledge the Backstreet Boys or N Sync so I just skipped them and went right to Eminem.

Hate to say it, but I think a Limp Bizkit album might have also outdone Vs. in the first week.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 14,882

I knew this....but didn't want to acknowledge the Backstreet Boys or N Sync so I just skipped them and went right to Eminem.

Hate to say it, but I think a Limp Bizkit album might have also outdone Vs. in the first week.
    Can't blame ya!  It made me sick to my stomach that boy bands outdid them.  I refused to acknowledge them back then.  I think you're right about Limp Bizkit, too.  I don't even think Vs is in the top 20 anymore.  All kinds of 50 Cent and Britney Spears and Usher in there now.  And digital sales have definitely pushed them out.  I think Taylor swift has three albums in the top 15 herself.  Ugh!

And if I'm not mistaken, Vs. broke the record held by Led Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door (1979), although this was alleged sales as Nielsen SoundScan didn't begin tracking album sales until 1991.