Band practice tomorrow.. Nervous..

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Yep.. got the call.. we are getting the band back together!!!! ;) . Been a few years. everyone has been busy getting married and/or having kids.. myself included..
My friend(and longtime musical partner.. 20+ years on and off) and I will be getting together tomorrow night to talk about recording a bunch of music that we demo'd but never recorded at the old studio. Now that he has a studio of his own, he apparently wants to record a lot of this old stuff we wrote in a proper way.. so I got the call.. I think it will just be us two at first.. Maybe just a duet, the way it originally started

I think this is a good thing now and I think I am ready to get back into playing. Lisa is excited for me as well..
I need to shake off the cobwebs and get them chops up!!

Viva La Remi!!!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It will be good 8-)
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • dude, don't be nervous. i have heard you play, and you are good.

it is just a guitar. it is just a tool and you are the master of that thing, so go out there and play. people lose their chops all the time, but once you play for a bit they come right back. just like riding a bike.

i think what you are feeling is not nerves, but anxiety. and all anxiety is is excitement. it is that you are fucking pumped to be playing again, but you have to wait until practice night. you can't just plug in and play right now. i get like that on my gig days. all day long i am anxious. then i get to the gig and plug in and soundcheck, and i finally settle down because i know in 30 minutes i will be playing a 3 hour show in front of a huge crowd.

good luck, and one day i hope to hear whatever it is that you guys lay down.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    dude, don't be nervous. i have heard you play, and you are good.

it is just a guitar. it is just a tool and you are the master of that thing, so go out there and play. people lose their chops all the time, but once you play for a bit they come right back. just like riding a bike.

i think what you are feeling is not nerves, but anxiety. and all anxiety is is excitement. it is that you are fucking pumped to be playing again, but you have to wait until practice night. you can't just plug in and play right now. i get like that on my gig days. all day long i am anxious. then i get to the gig and plug in and soundcheck, and i finally settle down because i know in 30 minutes i will be playing a 3 hour show in front of a huge crowd.

you are a good egg, sir!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,406
    Fuck yeah!!! Keep me/us posted! Can't wait to hear it, man! Have fun!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Caveeze wrote:
    dude, don't be nervous. i have heard you play, and you are good.

you are a good egg, sir!!
    back at ya buddy.

seriously, don't make me have to drop a patented gst27 motivational speech on ya...

:lol::lol:

just enjoy playing. cherish it, because as you know, sometimes the opportunity goes away. make the most of it. i mean, after all, it's just music. it's just art. go make your art.

i want to know when you start gigging. you might need a roadie/guitar tech... :D

• I wanna read the "patented gst27 motivational speech" :shifty: :mrgreen:
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,080
    edited November 2013
    I wanna read the "patented gst27 motivational speech" :shifty: :mrgreen:
    actually those are reserved for phone calls or face to face conversations...

i've been known to convince people of some things sometimes...

basically in this case i would just tell him that there is no pressure here. no deadlines. no money at stake. only opportunity.. just have fun with it.
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on

I wanna read the "patented gst27 motivational speech" :shifty: :mrgreen:
    actually those are reserved for phone calls or face to face conversations...

I have heard that a smack across the face isnt out of the question with these badboys.. the real deal.. 8-)
  • Caveeze wrote:
    I have heard that a smack across the face isnt out of the question with these badboys.. the real deal.. 8-)
    tough love...

:lol::lol::lol:

• VEry cool man! I'd like to hear it. 8-):D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Nice! :thumbup:

Time to rock out. Are you going to livestream the session? :)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Well that made me feel better! :lol:
    I have taken poops that can play better than that.. :D

so, we wont be the worst :D
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    SIGN ME BREAST!!!!!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    SIGN ME BREAST!!!!!
    done and done
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    It's good news that you'll be making music again! :D

:thumbup:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • well, how did it go??

:corn:

• well, how did it go??

• Everything else aside....

a 12 string?
  • "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

• Derrr derrrrrr :lol:
    THOSE guys are good.....

good n terrible...

:lol:

THOSE guys are good.....

good n terrible...

:lol: I love the shreds videos :lol:
    THOSE guys are good.....

good n terrible...

:lol: I love the shreds videos :lol:
    me too. do you know how GOOD you have to be to make yourself sound that bad?? it takes talent to suck that bad haha..

• bump