Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,220
    demetrios said:

So no word yet of a Sevens landing in Europe? Just wondering cause once one lands in Europe, it's another 3 weeks till one arrives on Canadian soil. D'oh!

The really bad party is I broke down and bought one from ebay. The really funny part is I already have it. Which means 10c shipped it to the flipper and flipper mailed it to me via USPS Priority Mail and it got here quicker than a stright mailing from ups innovations... lol...

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,850
    Recently sold some other goods and then bought one on the auction site that will remain nameless :ar! :)
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Bought one the other day too. Prices are the lowest theyll probably ever be. Once ebay dries up sadly it will climb again.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Yeah I bought one too, I think with people starting to get theirs ebay listings have gone up, ones those dry up, prices could go higher.

I heard there have been problems with this set too, people missing records, getting doubles of some other records, any truth to that?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options

Bought one the other day too. Prices are the lowest theyll probably ever be. Once ebay dries up sadly it will climb again.

I would agree. When there's loads of copies for sale at the same time the supply keeps the prices down. Once those copies end up in the hands of collectors and they show up on fleabay few and far between, I imagine the price will rise.

Sort of like how benaroya prices have taken a dip both times they were sold at the popup shop. Even if you couldn't get one at the pop up show, the copies being flipped on ebay temporarily drove the price down (under a grand) for a sealed copy. I'm following one auction on ebay and it's already over a grand with 2 days left. I guess prices are rebounding already.

It sucked paying what I did for sevens.... but i figured it would suck more in a few years if it becomes really hard to obtain the price goes insane on it.

• Options
    dont worry...once these start hitting europe and then canadia ebay will be flooded again with more of these bad boys
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options

dont worry...once these start hitting europe and then canadia ebay will be flooded again with more of these bad boys

Definitely. I was thinking a few months from now when all the copies have propagated around the planet and they start to dry up on ebay. The near term would probably be the best time to buy as flippers will keep posting copies on ebay as they become available in their region. Once all those dry up... then they'll be few and far between.... that won't help the price any.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    Zod said:

Definitely. I was thinking a few months from now when all the copies have propagated around the planet and they start to dry up on ebay. The near term would probably be the best time to buy as flippers will keep posting copies on ebay as they become available in their region. Once all those dry up... then they'll be few and far between.... that won't help the price any.

I'm hoping more & more of these do flood eBay with prices dropping ever so swiftly so by next December's Pop Shop event in Seattle, I will be able to pick up a 2nd copy for under 100 bucks. :-\"
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    Shipped to Canada on December 20. Should be landing by early February I imagine
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 480
    Arrived Auckland, New Zealand today.

Goddam awesome.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Mine came today too. Wellington New Zealand
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    For those of you who had problems in your set (duplicate or missing vinyls), was it resolved by the 10C?

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    My copy never arrived in PA. It was sent on the 20th.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

I'm hoping more & more of these do flood eBay with prices dropping ever so swiftly so by next December's Pop Shop event in Seattle, I will be able to pick up a 2nd copy for under 100 bucks. :-\"
    My best guess is that they'll cheapest over the next month or so. Mostly because they're still making their way around the planet. Once the flippers have flipped and more copies are sitting with collectors. Then the ebay auctions get few and far between.

My guess is by next september they will be going for a fair bit more then that are now because there won't be that many on sale anymore.

Unless of course a bunch go on sale at the pop up show.. then you'll get another temporary move while the flippers flip.

• Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    How do these arrive in Europe and NZ before Canada???
    Does 10C send the Canadian copies last or something?
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    MyluckyhandMyluckyhand Auckland New Zealand Posts: 103
    I haven't got mine in NZ yet :-S
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Just got mine! They are finally landing in Canada. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BMF2004BMF2004 Posts: 129
    still haven't gotten mine in Virginia....*sigh*
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    PJ_Soul said:

Just got mine! They are finally landing in Canada. :)

• Options
    BMF2004BMF2004 Posts: 129
    Just contacted 10c and they replied very quickly saying my order was shipped Dec. 20. If it hasn't arrived in 30 days it will be considered lost. If they have more in stock they will send me one but if not they will refund me....I'm thinking it will be the latter. :(
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    doom_pony said:

Same, but do I have to check for duplicate/missing records or something?!
  • Options
    bazzer said:

doom_pony said:

If you were planning on keeping it sealed and someday selling or trading, I wouldn't open it. It's buyer beware with sealed items I think. The seller isn't responsible for what's inside a sealed album (i.e. if you buy sealed and the vinyl is warped, that is not the seller's problem, but yours).

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    anyone in new york/new jersey get theres yet?

09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    PJ_Soul said:

bazzer said:

doom_pony said:

If you were planning on keeping it sealed and someday selling or trading, I wouldn't open it. It's buyer beware with sealed items I think. The seller isn't responsible for what's inside a sealed album (i.e. if you buy sealed and the vinyl is warped, that is not the seller's problem, but yours).
    I don't keep stuff sealed, but only had the chance for a quick look when it arrived yesterday. I just hadn't heard that there were problems with this boxset. Are duplicates/missings the only thing I need to look out for?
  • Options
    bazzer said:

PJ_Soul said:

bazzer said:

doom_pony said:

I don't keep stuff sealed, but only had the chance for a quick look when it arrived yesterday. I just hadn't heard that there were problems with this boxset. Are duplicates/missings the only thing I need to look out for?
    As far as i've read, yes.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Just got mine yesterday. This is my favorite PJ release ever as far as packaging.
  • Options
    Europe anyone?
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    How was the packaging, brown or plastic white round the cardboard?
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,697

Europe anyone?

Nothing in Ireland but based on the LB shipping I dont expect it till the end of February at the earliest

Kearnsy
  • Options
    Sevens arrived in The Netherlands today!!! Awesome item and superb packaging. Very happy...