Options

Ed wrote several songs for Out Of The Furnace but...

2»

Comments

• Options
    HA196717 wrote:
    Wonder if we're getting the whole story. Could it be that Eddie saw the film and changed his mind? Some real controversy brewing here. The film used real family names to depict Native Americans in the Highlands of New Jersey as basically scum. I'm for artistic freedom, but I'm saddened to think about the DeGroat and Van Dunk kids, who go to local public schools, and the awful stereotypes they will hear about their people that are being reinforced in this movie. That said, I have not seen the movie, but have read summaries.
    You can read about the controversy here.
    http://www.northjersey.com/news/Ramapou ... film_.html

This is interesting. Thank you for adding this information.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    aurynsdad wrote:
    HA196717 wrote:
    Wonder if we're getting the whole story. Could it be that Eddie saw the film and changed his mind? Some real controversy brewing here. The film used real family names to depict Native Americans in the Highlands of New Jersey as basically scum. I'm for artistic freedom, but I'm saddened to think about the DeGroat and Van Dunk kids, who go to local public schools, and the awful stereotypes they will hear about their people that are being reinforced in this movie. That said, I have not seen the movie, but have read summaries.

could easily be the case.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    aurynsdad wrote:
    HA196717 wrote:

could easily be the case.
    Then, why would Release still book-end the film (if that's still the case)?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,367
    Yeah Release starts and ends the film
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    Hopefully Ed will release these songs whenever the time is right for him. For now, let's enjoy the new PJ Lightning Bolt LP and tours. When the band takes a breather, maybe in late 2014/2015, perhaps these songs can become the foundation of either future PJ songs or material for another EV solo LP?

It's great that Ed and the guys continue to write new music!
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Bant wrote:
    "They're very personal songs to Ed and to me," Cooper says. "I forged a close relationship with him through the movie and it's probably better kept between us. Sad to say, for Eddie Vedder fans, as we all are."

OMG some one forgot to take their testosterone pill.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    Went to see the movie Friday night... great film...

Release is good... i mean really good!!!

Sat down all the way through Release at the end of the generic... man this was a cool way to let people out... i was in heaven... good 'till the end... really nice finish to the song....
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    Great movie, but I can't help but think that's insanely selfish of the director not to try to release the songs. Personal songs??? They were written for the movie! Hopefully eddy can find a way to get them out.