PS4 Pre-Order Regrets?

elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,365
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone preorder the PS4 and have regrets and want to unload it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I did, but I cancelled it Monday
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    Why did you cancel MayDay?
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm trying to not want it. The first release always scares me. I don't want to end up with the buggy version. Also, I think I can live without the release day games.

Then again, in a spontaneous person and might end up buying it on a whim.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'm trying to not want it. The first release always scares me. I don't want to end up with the buggy version. Also, I think I can live without the release day games.

Then again, in a spontaneous person and might end up buying it on a whim.
    I'm gonna wait...I think.
    We'll see. :lol:
  • K_jamK_jam Posts: 137
    ps4?? what for??

I still have my sega megadrive 11 console. after all these years it still works and its still fun to play.

:);)
    Why did you cancel MayDay?

Spent much money going to numerous PJ shows, acquiring posters and shirts, trips, etc. On my way to the Bills game Sunday, I bought a coffee at a drive-thru and paid with a $50 bill (all I had on me). I drove off without my change and didnt realize it until we arrived at the game and I tried to chip in for parking... (was able to recoup my $ later).
    So I decided to go on a spending freeze. Cant hurt to let them work out the bugs anyways. Also, no games. I got GTA 5, Rocksmith 2014, and Bandfuse (as well as NCAA and Madden) to keep me busy until a price drop
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Sony seems to be getting less and less consumer-friendly.

Remember how awesome it was that you could play your PS1 games in your PS2.

Then the PS3 came out and you could only play PS3 games on that console. It played Blu-rays out of the box, though, so that was kind of a nice selling point.

Now the PS4 also will only play PS4 games AND you have to download some massive upgrade to get it to play Blu-rays.

Pass!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • I had a good year and I'm looking to make sure this is under the tree for my son. Those who are in the "know" will these be on the shelves before Christmas or will they be tough to find until next year? I haven't played a video game in 15 years so I am clueless......
    dankind wrote:

Then the PS3 came out and you could only play PS3 games on that console. It played Blu-rays out of the box, though, so that was kind of a nice selling point.

Now the PS4 also will only play PS4 games AND you have to download some massive upgrade to get it to play Blu-rays.

Pass!
    So, unwilling to download a upgrade/patch you're out?
    "Fuck this PS4! I can't believe I have to wait 20 minutes to watch Blu Rays!!! What am I going to do without Blu Ray entertainment for 20 minutes? Ahhhhhhhhh! *smash*". :fp:
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

Pass!
    "Fuck this PS4! I can't believe I have to wait 20 minutes to watch Blu Rays!!! What am I going to do without Blu Ray entertainment for 20 minutes? Ahhhhhhhhh! *smash*". :fp:
    For someone that has no trouble sharing his opinions, why do you freak out so much over other peoples'?
    Relax man. Smoke some weed or something.
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

Pass!
    For someone that has no trouble sharing his opinions, why do you freak out so much over other peoples'?
    Relax man. Smoke some weed or something.
    I'm officially relaxed. No more freaking out over other people's opinions from this guy! :thumbup:
    I'm trying to not want it. The first release always scares me. I don't want to end up with the buggy version.
    This is my primary reason, applicable to both consoles although I think I'll only get one this time around.
    That and I'd rather have the money.
    dankind wrote:

Pass!
    XBone can't do anything out of the box without an update according to IGN.com.
    Are you passing on the next generation entirely?
    definitely dont want to get the "HD-DVD" of the class.
    I had a good year and I'm looking to make sure this is under the tree for my son. Those who are in the "know" will these be on the shelves before Christmas or will they be tough to find until next year? I haven't played a video game in 15 years so I am clueless......

Im thinking you should be able to find one (based on guessing).

The Wii being so hard to find was intentional and created a stir/more demand for it.

With these, we have 2 similar products being released at the same time. Each purchaser will follow up buy subscribing to services and purchasing games. I would guess that they will manufacture enough of these to meet any demand.
    mca47 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

Pass!
    Yes I think MS confirmed that after the article.
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

Pass!
    Yes I think MS confirmed that after the article.

Yeah, I live in a cramped apartment in Brooklyn with a wife and two kids. I don't have a nerd den where I can have multiple consoles available to play. And quite honestly, I haven't played 30 minutes total of a single game since my second was born in December 2012 (so almost a year), and the only Blu-rays I get to watch are Rio, Madagascar and Charlotte's Web. So, it's just not practical for me to consider a new gaming console at this time.

As it is, every time I fire up the PS3 to maybe select a movie or TV show that the wife and I can watch on Netflix/Hulu Plus after finally getting both kids to sleep, I have to update the PS3 software, then I usually have to update the Netflix or Hulu software, by the time all that's done, one of us is usually like, "fuck it, let's go to bed."

Whenever I have time to play games/watch Blu-rays again, I'll do so on my PS3. I have at least six games that I have to complete (some still sealed), and, like I said, they won't work in a PS4 because Sony insists on being stubborn on this issue.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    One more week to go! :P

Really looking forward to Battlefield 4, which is odd because I'm usually an offline player.
  • I haven't pre-ordered one but I might try to get one on launch day. It sounds like there is going to actually be a decent supply this time around. I'm just a sucker for new consoles. But, I couldn't care less about the new Xbox at this point.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    dankind wrote:

Yeah, I live in a cramped apartment in Brooklyn with a wife and two kids. I don't have a nerd den where I can have multiple consoles available to play. And quite honestly, I haven't played 30 minutes total of a single game since my second was born in December 2012 (so almost a year), and the only Blu-rays I get to watch are Rio, Madagascar and Charlotte's Web. So, it's just not practical for me to consider a new gaming console at this time.

As it is, every time I fire up the PS3 to maybe select a movie or TV show that the wife and I can watch on Netflix/Hulu Plus after finally getting both kids to sleep, I have to update the PS3 software, then I usually have to update the Netflix or Hulu software, by the time all that's done, one of us is usually like, "fuck it, let's go to bed."

Whenever I have time to play games/watch Blu-rays again, I'll do so on my PS3. I have at least six games that I have to complete (some still sealed), and, like I said, they won't work in a PS4 because Sony insists on being stubborn on this issue.

That makes sense. Wives and kids are the worst! ;):D
    Hell, I'm single and live by myself and I can find it hard to find the time to sit down and play.
    mca47 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

That makes sense. Wives and kids are the worst! ;):D
    Hell, I'm single and live by myself and I can find it hard to find the time to sit down and play.

My buddy has the ultimate nerd den, with multiple generations of multiple consoles. If we ever get a bigger place, which would mean moving to the suburbs (which would basically make me wish I was dead), I suppose I could take comfort in the possibility of having a nerd den of my own.

The one thing with my buddy is that I think women see his place and kind of cringe, whereas my wife already knows what she go into with me, so it would be OK. (She's actually a better gamer than I.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    dankind wrote:

My buddy has the ultimate nerd den, with multiple generations of multiple consoles. If we ever get a bigger place, which would mean moving to the suburbs (which would basically make me wish I was dead), I suppose I could take comfort in the possibility of having a nerd den of my own.

fyi - suburbs just means bigger playrooms for the kids... not daddy ;)
    dankind wrote:

fyi - suburbs just means bigger playrooms for the kids... not daddy ;)

Yeah, my aforementioned friend is single.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    just tried to cancel my cancellation
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    MayDay10 wrote:

out of stock now, (I've yet to order my console)

I like the blue ps4 remote, which is what I wanna get for a second remote, anyone know the release date on that color option?
    Had some time to kill this afternoon.
    Stopped off at Best Buy just to take a look.

Sold out.
    I asked the guy if they had any more, and the young punk goes "Uh, sorry boss...we sold out 10 minutes after we opened". "Boss"? I hate little shits that call me that.
    :lol::lol:
    I then called around...entire town is sold out.

Sadly, had I found one I probably would have bought it....even though I told myself I would wait. :fp: :lol:
    im in the same boat. regretting my cancellation