Options

Lets make this Seattle show the BEST YET!!

Comments

• Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    smanchac1 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    I'm so excited for this show!! My fiancé and I will be getting married the morning of the show and then rocking out in the GA section for our wedding "reception" :D:D

How cool!!

We are also getting married and heading to Vancouver and Seattle for our honeymoon.

3 shows east coast, getting married, honeymoon and two more pj shows??

Yea, I'm going to have the best wife EVER!!

Congrats to you two also!! ;)

That's super awesome!! And congrats to you guys! There's going to be a lot of love in that arena :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,334
    The "One" Seattle show aspect will be interesting. When was the last time they did that.... I guess you could count Gorge '05 even though it was a last minute adition to the Canadian tour. If you don't count that, it must predate 1996.

So for as far back as I remember going the 1st Seattle show always felt like a warmup for the 2nd Seattle show. I really have no idea what to expect from a single show. In '09 they repeated The End/Just Breathe and Real Me sequences which sort of make parts of the encore seam like a repeat.... I guess you can't get repetitive with a single show.

My best hope. PJ works out the curfew stuff in advance and plays a nice long set.

Seattle is their mecca and people travel in from everywhere to see them play on their home turf. Most of these people have seen the band a lot. They know when PJ is doing an average gig and when PJ is going the extra mile.

I still think it's very odd we're getting the first single seattle show in over 15 years. I can't help but think it's a response to the 2009 shows. Hopefully the band brings it.

It's not really that hard to win the arena over. Look at Gorge '05. 3 hour set laced with rarities and bsides :)

Maybe pick out some songs you never play in Seattle. I've been going to Seattle shows since 98 and have never seen Oceans, Sonic Reducer, or Breathe played live (yet I've seen the kickass Crown of Thorns 3 or 4 times now).
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,967
    will be tough after every show I see is the BEST show...

although IMO BKLN II is a tough act to follow
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Loujoe wrote:
    will be tough after every show I see is the BEST show...

although IMO BKLN II is a tough act to follow

Hartford was better! Jk lol!

Lets keep this thread going!! :)
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    SEATTLE! THE BEST! LETS DO IT!!!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    Can't wait to see them in their home town!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    I will be there, unless something unexpected crops up. But I won't be in good seats or GA. I will rock out from wherever I am, but if you want good rocking out at the front, I will happily oblige if you find me a GA ticket. :P (I might actually try to find one, closer to the day of the show).

And, by the way, I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina, so I might even throw in some riff singing for DTE, Given to fly, and a bunch of other songs. Try to get the crowd going. ;)
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    my friend who was supposed to come with me just bailed...i'm gonna be the lone brown dude from Canada in Seattle...

Can't wait for the show, but hopefully will find some new pj buds to hang with from the 5th-9th while i'm there...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    my friend who was supposed to come with me just bailed...i'm gonna be the lone brown dude from Canada in Seattle...

Can't wait for the show, but hopefully will find some new pj buds to hang with from the 5th-9th while i'm there...

Look into the preparty, lots of fans there!
  • Options
    Less than a month to go!

Can't wait :)
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I'll be there with no expectations so I won't be disappointed.

Was at Brooklyn 1&2 and on the rail in Hartford. I'm not sure I'll ever see a crowd louder than Hartford. There were times where I saw Ed's lips moving but couldn't hear him over the crowd.

Betterman comes to mine where Ed just looked shocked by the sheer volume of the crowd.

Should be fun.

PS. Play Florida you bastards!!! It's nice to go to different parts of the US, but it would be even nicer if you played our penis/gun shaped state!!!!
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Out of all the stories and what I've heard about the lackluster Seattle crowds in 2009 - I highly expect this crowd to be completely opposite of that.

The last show to end an amazing tour to cap the release of an excellent new album, in their hometown, only one show which will make it go big or go home/all or none, and a very high demand show with fans from all over coming in. I think that should do the trick.

Less than a month away people!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    skanji32 wrote:

sorry to hear your friend bailed... but you will be far from the only Canadian... As far as "brown dude" id guess there will be quite a few people from Vancouver driving down and others flying in. I'd guess some of us would be black, red, yellow, white brown and other various shades / colors. :lol::lol: :fp:

If you have an extra GA, I'll hang with ya! PM me lol. ;):lol: fellow Canadian, not brown though! :fp:

See you in Seattle dude. Will be at some watering hole getting primed up in advance of the show. Merch line in the rain too likely!
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    Out of all the stories and what I've heard about the lackluster Seattle crowds in 2009 - I highly expect this crowd to be completely opposite of that.

The last show to end an amazing tour to cap the release of an excellent new album, in their hometown, only one show which will make it go big or go home/all or none, and a very high demand show with fans from all over coming in. I think that should do the trick.

Less than a month away people!
    I like your sentiments. It's going to seriously rock for me anyway! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,153
    edited November 2013
    d'oh.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    ^^^ Hmmm, yeah, cool & I'm here right now so could get one butttt......
    <hr>
  • Options
    Guess what's happening the night after?

Pearl Jam Pop Shop! Showbox Market Seattle, WA When: Saturday, December 7th *12 pm-5 pm. WHOO HOOO!!! :)

Fry-Doing-The-Disco-Dance-For-Bender-Leela.gif
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Pearl Jam Pop Shop! Showbox Market Seattle, WA When: Saturday, December 7th *12 pm-5 pm. WHOO HOOO!!! :)

Sweet!!! Drools...
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet!!! Drools...

This trip is gonna be awesome!! And expensive!
    Gotta be prepared!

hsAEwiO.gif
  • Options
    Now my Saturday just went from seeing the sites in Seattle to now spending the whole day at the shop and making it rain like Pacman Jones in the strip club. PJ wins yet again.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    YLed2 wrote:
    Now my Saturday just went from seeing the sites in Seattle to now spending the whole day at the shop and making it rain like Pacman Jones in the strip club. PJ wins yet again.

:lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    So tempted to make the trip back home for this show. We'll have to see how the finances work out...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    I agree 100% with this topic! I've been saying that this city needs to prove to the band that we are not a shit crowd as Ed has said. Moving here from the east coast, I was shocked about how lackluster my first key arena show was 11-5-00, even Ed said to the crowd then, that Boise was better and that the crowd was more silent than at a sonics game during a timeout when they were losing! The problem is not we diehard fans on here. We bring the noise and energy. The problem is the typical music fan in this city and how they act entitled. I've been to many shows where the crowds were downright boring - SG earlier this year at the Paramount for example. I don't listen to the local radio much, but when I do, I don't hear much hype or promotion for the shows. When I pickup the Victoria or Vancouver stations, they are constantly hyping the shows in Vancouver AND Seattle. I really hope for a complete turn around from 09 - I think those shows are the real reason we are only getting one show here. Regardless, I will be rocking the fuck out wherever my 10C seats are!!
    If anyone is looking to trade their GA for my reserved (65xxx), I'm interested in speaking with ya!

Peace,
    Matt
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • Options
    I agree 100% with this topic! I've been saying that this city needs to prove to the band that we are not a shit crowd as Ed has said. Moving here from the east coast, I was shocked about how lackluster my first key arena show was 11-5-00, even Ed said to the crowd then, that Boise was better and that the crowd was more silent than at a sonics game during a timeout when they were losing! The problem is not we diehard fans on here. We bring the noise and energy. The problem is the typical music fan in this city and how they act entitled. I've been to many shows where the crowds were downright boring - SG earlier this year at the Paramount for example. I don't listen to the local radio much, but when I do, I don't hear much hype or promotion for the shows. When I pickup the Victoria or Vancouver stations, they are constantly hyping the shows in Vancouver AND Seattle. I really hope for a complete turn around from 09 - I think those shows are the real reason we are only getting one show here. Regardless, I will be rocking the fuck out wherever my 10C seats are!!
    If anyone is looking to trade their GA for my reserved (65xxx), I'm interested in speaking with ya!

Peace,
    Matt

That's the way!!

Less than 3 weeks! 20 days to go!
  • Options
    18 days!!

Can't wait!! :)
  • Options
    If Dallas & OKC are any indication of what's in store for the second leg of the tour, this show should be absolutely insane.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Will be my first trip to Seattle too. I have to admit, I was leaning toward going to LA or SD instead given the history of Seattle shows (and also often last shows of the tour) as being underwhelming. But my friends convinced me to do Seattle instead. Three of us flying out from NY. We will certainly give 110%. I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    YLed2 wrote:
    If Dallas & OKC are any indication of what's in store for the second leg of the tour, this show should be absolutely insane.

Damn right! Those shows KILLED and I fully expect Seattle will too!
    I know several people have tried to convince me otherwise, but this has been a different tour altogether. Every single show has been tip top, and to end it all in the Holy Land with no next day show leaves the whole night wide open!
    Stoked.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    I had to decide between Seattle and San Diego. This will be my third show seeing them in SD. I have always heard the stories of the "lackluster" crowds of Seattle and it kind of turned me off. Honestly, I think Seattle will just be another show, a great one mind you, but just another show. Every PJ show is special, but I just don't think they are going to rock out until 1 am. For the sake of everyone going, I hope I am wrong. It is just my feeling.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Still looking for someone to split Seattle accomodation...anyone out there in need of a roomie, or looking for a place?
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II