Options

*** Charlottesville Fanviews Here 10/29/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    lutwutchlutwutch Ashburn, VA Posts: 180
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Was Little Wing the full song with Ed on vocals, or just a tag?

Whole song. Some people were walking out when they thought it was YB and stopped to turn around...great show, even played part of the improv that was used before RVM in State College...love the college shows
    All that's sacred, comes from youth...

'92 Stanhope, '98 Washington, DC (VFC), '00 Merriweather Post, MD, '03 Nashville, TN, State College, PA, Holmdel, NJ, '04 Reading, PA (VFC), '05 Philadelphia, PA, 06 Camden, NJ, East Rutherford, NJ, '08 Camden, NJ (I and II), 09 Philadelphia, PA (II and III), '10 New York, NY, '13 Baltimore, MD, Charlottesville, VA, '16 Hampton, VA, Philadelphia II, 08 Newark, NJ (Vedder Solo), '16 TOTD Upper Darby (I)
  • Options
    PeterBPeterB Posts: 26
    This was my 19th show and possibly the best one yet. Met some great people before the show. Got the rail during. The setlist was, well, sublime. Caught a few picks. And even had a "moment" with Ed when I tossed him my red, black and white (LB themed) rainbow loom bracelet (made by my son) and he wore it for the final few songs.

Thanks for a magical and memorable evening.
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    Was "In my terr" more album like, or MSG 2003 style?

I hope they play it in Charlotte tonight
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    n8dawg79n8dawg79 Virginia Posts: 129
    I think what put this show over the top for me, apart from the great setlist, was the interaction between the band, and the great group of people around us. My wife and I were 2 deep just in front of Mike. It was our first time being so close. It was truly a fun thing to watch the night unfold.

Sometime during the first set I saw something going on right next to me and saw the crowd part and a guy in a wheelchair move right up to the rail. I don't think I have ever seen ANYTHING like that at a concert, where the "each man for himself" mentality seems to prevail.

After the first break Mike came out and handed the gentleman in the wheelchair a signed CD and something elese (T-shirt?). He would later get a tambourine from Eddie. I hope I am not embarrassing him too much but I swear I looked over at him a few times during the show and saw tears. I was happy to have witnessed it.

Next on the list of fun interactions I witnessed, the guy next to the guy in the wheelchair got Mike's attention and passed him a pick (from his own band). Mike, after the initial confusion at getting a pick back, said thank you, and played a few licks with the pick. Down about 4 people from him, so about 6 people down, was a guy I will refer to as Eddie lookalike. Near the end of the show Eddie came over and swapped hats with him (matching hats).

In the end I think everyone around me ended up with a pick or something else but I don't mind. What a night!

My personal highlight was starting the 2nd Jeff chant and actually have it catch on! After everyone was chanting Jeff's name Eddie came over and handed Jeff the bottle for a swig! What a RUSH!

It truly was an amazing night on Mike's side! Again, thanks to my neighbors in GA and especially the band! You guys made it an awesome night!
    Salt Lake City, Utah - Sept 28, 2009
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 3. 2011
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 4, 2011
    Charlottesville, Virginia - Oct 29, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia - Apr 18, 2016
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    On paper, this has to be the best setlist of the tour. For me, at least.

Wow

+1
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    These guys are just fucking incredible. What a great show!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    These guys are just fucking incredible. What a great show!

• Options
    Sorry for the multi-post.

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Thumbing My Way and Sad?? Blerg! Definitely one of the best sets of the tour so far.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    some fans were definitely confused by Little Wing, as seen in the title of this YouTube upload:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQdlUUzh8ME
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    Would loved to have been there, especially for Thumbing!!! :D:D

Bring on the boots!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    BinFrog wrote:
    On paper, this has to be the best setlist of the tour. For me, at least.

Wow

+1

I agree w/this as well. keep something in the tank for 2nd leg, please!
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    what a setlist, holy balls
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    a few observations from my 45th show and first in my home town.

First time I can remember back to back shows with no EF.

Ed was wasted by the end. not sure how he made it through the show, looks like he has a cold too. he had a pile of tissues by his side.

I liked Eds reference to the Led ZEP arena and Mike tossing out some classic LZ riffs. Ive always joked that the John Paul Jones arena is named after the bass player.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    i know people love rear songs on the set,and to say they saw it atleast one time ,especially some slow rare ones
    but,last night,for me..those 2 small groups of songs played in the row,was fuckin amazing..

Sea wrote:
    05. Go
    06. Why Go

30. Porch
    31. Breath
    32. State Of Love And Trust
    33. Alive
    34. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    anyone know what led zep riffs mike played??
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Sea wrote:
    02. Release
    03. In My Tree
    04. Corduroy

21. Thumbing My Way
    22. Sleight Of Hand
    23. Footsteps

31. Breath
    35. Little Wing-(Hendrix)

UmpOi.gif0SBuk.gifDNO3a.gifNHuJ8.gifi3ZWA.gifcHSqp.gif
    S0zl2.gif
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    Wow. Sick.

No DTE. No Even Flow. Both RVM and Porch.

I counted EIGHT tour premiers (correct?) 10+ shows into a tour. How is that possible? What other band can pull such a feat?
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    edited October 2013
    mca47 wrote:
    Fn ridiculous set! :shock: :fp: :shock:

This...

Saw them at Wrigley, Worcester twice, and Hartford, so I am a lucky man, but wow what a setlist...
    Post edited by morgie2 on
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    I'll post a longer review later but the show was wonderful. Incredible set list, a very good and energetic crowd, the band were in great spirits, and to have such a rare set list the show was actually pretty tight. A few minor errors by Ed with the exception of forgetting the last half of whipping lol. If Baltimore saw the band in less that joyous harmony, the remedied that last night. They seemed so happy together, Ed sharing his wine bottle around the band. Jeff and Ed in particular seemed very very happy last night. Probably the best show I will get to witness. My fourth and easily the best.

Let's see how NC compares tonight!
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    lutwutchlutwutch Ashburn, VA Posts: 180
    mrpink90 wrote:

"Over the Hills" was definitely one; I think a part of "How Many More Times" with Jeff joining in on bass and can't remember if one was "Custard Pie" or "Sick Again"...
    All that's sacred, comes from youth...

'92 Stanhope, '98 Washington, DC (VFC), '00 Merriweather Post, MD, '03 Nashville, TN, State College, PA, Holmdel, NJ, '04 Reading, PA (VFC), '05 Philadelphia, PA, 06 Camden, NJ, East Rutherford, NJ, '08 Camden, NJ (I and II), 09 Philadelphia, PA (II and III), '10 New York, NY, '13 Baltimore, MD, Charlottesville, VA, '16 Hampton, VA, Philadelphia II, 08 Newark, NJ (Vedder Solo), '16 TOTD Upper Darby (I)
  • Options
    acr1acr1 Posts: 83
    In awe of the setlist - this is the best show since Baltimore!! :lol:

These guys are awe inspiring. The fact that they pull out 3 hour bombs night after night and play so many unique songs is just one of a kind right now. We are lucky to be part of it all.
  • Options
    acr1 wrote:
    In awe of the setlist - this is the best show since Baltimore!! :lol:

These guys are awe inspiring. The fact that they pull out 3 hour bombs night after night and play so many unique songs is just one of a kind right now. We are lucky to be part of it all.

Most definitely!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,695
    lutwutch wrote:
    mrpink90 wrote:

"Over the Hills" was definitely one; I think a part of "How Many More Times" with Jeff joining in on bass and can't remember if one was "Custard Pie" or "Sick Again"...

Although I was in a haze, he definitely played:

1. Over the Hills
    2. Heartbreaker
    3. Bring it on home

I don't remember anything from Graffiti.

Mcready was also playing a Sabbath riff towards the end of alive when he was over on Stone's side. This was after his walk through GA.

So last night we got:

Zeppelin, Floyd, the Who, Sabbath and Hendrix. PJ is the 'keepers of the flame' when it comes to classic rock now. And that is no insult. It's the highest compliment in my book.
  • Options
    joanna4136joanna4136 Rhode Island Posts: 22
    nothing better than reading these reviews with my morning coffee to get me fired up. thank you to everyone!!!!!!
    Be strong, be loved.
  • Options
    dc07cfdc07cf Posts: 31
    Incredible show. Great setlist. But I am surprised at the amount of praise the crowd is getting. While I'm sure the 10c sections were great, I thought it was a pretty weak crowd. Especially in 307.
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    joanna4136 wrote:
    nothing better than reading these reviews with my morning coffee to get me fired up. thank you to everyone!!!!!!

My favorite part of the fanview threads from this tour is that Sea still points out which songs are from the new album "Lightning Bolt". :D
  • Options
    BDF4BDF4 Posts: 1
    dc07cf wrote:
    Incredible show. Great setlist. But I am surprised at the amount of praise the crowd is getting. While I'm sure the 10c sections were great, I thought it was a pretty weak crowd. Especially in 307.

Maybe the upper levels were weak, but I was in 108 and the lower levels and floor were great, amazing energy.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    +1
    Show
    of
    the
    TOUR!

Credit this band for playing many of their better songs that fans want to hear, that we don't get enough of. What an amazing and blistering start.

People love: In My Tree, Breath, Down, Faithfull, Thumbing my Way, and others (Lowlight, Long Road, Leash, Last Exit) way more than they see they are heard live. Hopefully they'll take from this night and play them more while sitting others.

Slot this one along side Columbia, Grand Rapids, and other Shows of the Tour. It was that magical tonight, and so very different from Sunday.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    best set list so far.

fantastic :clap:

i generally do not pick up bootlegs of shows that i don't attend (with the exception of the 2000 tour, because well... that was a historic tour), but PJ is making it tough to not get a couple this go around with these sets!