Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Hard for me to get excited for the Bulls. Rose is such a bitch and will probably be injured soon. And they won't get past Cleveland. New year, same old story.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    little late but RIP Flip Saunders.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663

Hard for me to get excited for the Bulls. Rose is such a bitch and will probably be injured soon. And they won't get past Cleveland. New year, same old story.

And Rose had two 'minor' issues during the game. He came up gimpy a few times. I'm biased as a Cleveland guy, but I'm not worried about the Bulls. The Cavs played terribly last night and still only lost by 2. And this was without Kyrie and Shump.
    Bulls will improve under Hoiberg, but I'm not sure they are a true contender. Will be interesting to see if they play defense. Never thought of Iowa State as a defensive stalwart.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    mrussel1 said:

And Rose had two 'minor' issues during the game. He came up gimpy a few times. I'm biased as a Cleveland guy, but I'm not worried about the Bulls. The Cavs played terribly last night and still only lost by 2. And this was without Kyrie and Shump.
    Bulls will improve under Hoiberg, but I'm not sure they are a true contender. Will be interesting to see if they play defense. Never thought of Iowa State as a defensive stalwart.
    Yeah, Rose is just too fragile. Lost all respect for him when he refused to come back from his ACL injury a couple years ago after the doctor's had cleared him to play. He's more concerned about himself than his team winning. I can't imagine he'll be with the Bulls after his contract runs out next year.....I really hope he isn't. Hearing about all of his drama everyday has gotten really old.

Bulls should be better offensively and more rested since Thibs won't be here running his guys into the ground every damn game. But yeah, I have zero expectations that they can get past Cleveland.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    yeah, RIP.....he's, like, my age....and I had cancer too.

Jazz's run to the playoffs starts with an "L"

little late but RIP Flip Saunders.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    woo hoo! nice comeback win for the Jazz tonight.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Jizzzz aaint shit.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    imalive said:

woo hoo! nice comeback win for the Jazz tonight.

So for us east coasters... what's teh story on the Jazz? How far away are they from being a contender in a difficult conference?
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478
    My Raptors are off to a great start!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    fuck. you. clippers.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    You getting upset the Warriors are undefeated Wob.

Curry = greatest point guard since Magic
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    BLACK35 said:

My Raptors are off to a great start!

Raptors will never get anywhere unless they fire the coach. His rudimentary offensive sets are horrendous. The plays he draws up are basically all the same. Iso's

Stephen Curry is fucking amazing.
  • Options

Greatest shooting point guard since Magic, I can give you. Magic was a far superior all around player. LBJ plays a better point guard than Curry, IMO.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Greatest shooting point guard since Magic, I can give you. Magic was a far superior all around player. LBJ plays a better point guard than Curry, IMO.
    curry way better point guard ... curry's handle and passing way better than lebron ... his assist totals are average only because he can shoot the ball so good ... every coach always wanted Nash to shoot more when he played ... that's what he's telling curry to do now ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

curry way better point guard ... curry's handle and passing way better than lebron ... his assist totals are average only because he can shoot the ball so good ... every coach always wanted Nash to shoot more when he played ... that's what he's telling curry to do now ...
    Disagree. The beauty of Magic and LBJ is that they can post, play forward, grab rebounds, drive the hole with aggression, and on and on. In baseball, it's a five tool player. The complete package. Curry is certainly an elite shooter all time, but he doesn't have the versatility that they do. I say this since you brought up Magic.
  • Options
    Magic was the greatest point guard in NBA history. My point was Curry is the greatest since. LBJ is not a point guard. He plays point forward a lot but he is no point guard.

If the streak continues Warriors get #17 in Phoenix. I'm going to have to go to that game and take advantage that I live in the area to see my childhood team take best start ever status. If they get the next 2 (Denver and Lakers) that is.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    not sure which is more impressive, Golden State Warriors at 14-0 or the Sixers at 0-13 :confused:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    My Greek boy was great the other night against Cavs..i think he has a brilliant future..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    love the warriors, but "the city" on the front and a cablecar on back is kind of dumb when you play in OAKLAND.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Magic was the greatest point guard in NBA history. My point was Curry is the greatest since. LBJ is not a point guard. He plays point forward a lot but he is no point guard.

If the streak continues Warriors get #17 in Phoenix. I'm going to have to go to that game and take advantage that I live in the area to see my childhood team take best start ever status. If they get the next 2 (Denver and Lakers) that is.

Last night LBJ became only the second player to be in the top 25 for points AND assists. He joins the most elite of company, Oscar Robertson. The Big O was a guard. Do we think that Curry will reach that rare air? It further supports my point that despite his nominal position as SF, LBJ does it all at an all time elite level.
  • Options
    imalive said:

love the warriors, but "the city" on the front and a cablecar on back is kind of dumb when you play in OAKLAND.

Wob, it is a throw back from when they played in San Fran, which they happen to be moving back to in 2018. You are just bitter about your Jazz.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Disagree. The beauty of Magic and LBJ is that they can post, play forward, grab rebounds, drive the hole with aggression, and on and on. In baseball, it's a five tool player. The complete package. Curry is certainly an elite shooter all time, but he doesn't have the versatility that they do. I say this since you brought up Magic.

the only thing curry doesn't do is get a lot of blocks ... still he isn't leading player in fantasy basketball no matter what the format for no reason ... sure, magic and lebron are bigger and they can post certain players up ... but if the sole purpose is to get shots closer to the rim to therefore have a better shooting % - well, curry has the better shooting %s ... check out a stat called effective fg % ... he beats both magic and lebron by a wide margin ...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211

not sure which is more impressive, Golden State Warriors at 14-0 or the Sixers at 0-13 :confused:

Golden State 86-14 in their last 100 regular season games. wow.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

the only thing curry doesn't do is get a lot of blocks ... still he isn't leading player in fantasy basketball no matter what the format for no reason ... sure, magic and lebron are bigger and they can post certain players up ... but if the sole purpose is to get shots closer to the rim to therefore have a better shooting % - well, curry has the better shooting %s ... check out a stat called effective fg % ... he beats both magic and lebron by a wide margin ...
    I'm not saying that posting up is the sole purpose of a guard. But the greatest guards possess all the skills. Run the floor, shoot, drive, post, deliver, rebound, steal and block. Curry does many of those, but not all of those. Magic, the Big O, Lebron.. these are the elite of the elite IMO. All three of them could have played the 1, 2, or 3. Magic and O played the 1 officially, LBJ is a 3. But they could do all of them at any point.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    I haven't watched an NBA game all the way through since 1996.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not saying that posting up is the sole purpose of a guard. But the greatest guards possess all the skills. Run the floor, shoot, drive, post, deliver, rebound, steal and block. Curry does many of those, but not all of those. Magic, the Big O, Lebron.. these are the elite of the elite IMO. All three of them could have played the 1, 2, or 3. Magic and O played the 1 officially, LBJ is a 3. But they could do all of them at any point.

guards are not meant to block ... sure, if you get blocks from your guards - it's a bonus .. either way - it's purely a size thing ... how do we define greatness? ... to me it's the ability of a player to as many facets of the game ... curry is a better shooter than lebron and magic by quite a margin ... that's not just shooting 3's ... from all areas of the floor and that's without the benefit of getting a lot of dunks like lebron ... curry involves his teammates ... he rebounds and although he's probably not the best defender ... he gets a ton of steals - an indication that he's got great instincts for the game ...

for sure curry has a few years to go to be considered in the same elite level of magic and lebron ... still, he's been the best player in the league for the last 2 years ...
  • Options

imalive said:

Wob, it is a throw back from when they played in San Fran, which they happen to be moving back to in 2018. You are just bitter about your Jazz.
    wrong. I like the warriors. Jazz have work to do.

fuck kobe. fuck the lakers. fuck cp3. fuck the clippers.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Wonder which will happen first, Warriors lose or Sixers win? :lol:

Kobe to retire after the end of the season.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    imalive said:

imalive said:

wrong. I like the warriors. Jazz have work to do.

fuck kobe. fuck the lakers. fuck cp3. fuck the clippers.
    Kobe has always come across as kind of a dick but have to give the man's play respect. One of the top 20 players in NBA history. hell of a career.
  • Options
    Kobe wants us "to savor our time together."

gag.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11