Options

No crap - bumped into Eddie in London Japanese restaurant 30 mins ago!!

London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
edited May 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
... Seriously...

Satsuma in the West End on my lunch break!

Walked over in my media wanker suit and tie and spikey hair and shook his hand. Got his autograph on my business card and said how much I admired him and the band.

The best part?

Told him how much they rocked at the Euro shows I went to last year and couldnt wait for the Wembley and Dusseldorf gigs next month. He asked me if I had a request for Wembley - I said Footsteps. He said no problem and that it would probably have been on the list anyways. Its gonna be a real fans show apparently and he said be on the look out for some real rarities!! :-)

Apart from the opening I said - A show of that magnitude right here in the capital of the world... its gotta be Release!!

I asked about Cornell joining them onstage - he just looked at me and laughed... gave me a wink... and said we said our goodbyes..

Legendary!

Dont know what he was doing in London though. Maybe the Charlotte Church show?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    did you tell him i said Hi... hangs on my every word that man

Brilliant stuff though man :):):):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    sweet, will keep my eye out around town tonight :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    :eek: Holy fucking fuck! congrats :) lol at all the Londoners putting on their coats and running out the door now :D

That's excellent though - and it's gonna be a real fan/rarities show, eh?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Right, I'm now convinced that there's gonna be a secret show in London, and possibly in the next week...

:eek:
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    London_Jam wrote:
    ... Seriously...

Satsuma in the West End on my lunch break!

Walked over in my media wanker suit and tie and spikey hair and shook his hand. Got his autograph on my business card and said how much I admired him and the band.

The best part?

Told him how much they rocked at the Euro shows I went to last year and couldnt wait for the Wembley and Dusseldorf gigs next month. He asked me if I had a request for Wembley - I said Footsteps. He said no problem and that it would probably have been on the list anyways. Its gonna be a real fans show apparently and he said be on the look out for some real rarities!! :-)

Apart from the opening I said - A show of that magnitude right here in the capital of the world... its gotta be Release!!

I asked about Cornell joining them onstage - he just looked at me and laughed... gave me a wink... and said we said our goodbyes..

Legendary!

Are you bullshiting us? You must be.....
  • Options
    Right, I'm now convinced that there's gonna be a secret show in London, and possibly in the next week...

He's here as 'special guest' for Cornell on Wednesday... :D
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    i cant get my head around why Ed would be in London. I thought after this big world tour in 06 he would be with his family and stuff and seeing the euro tour isn't far away, he would be resting up etc. Or maybe he is on holiday with his family in England :S:S

hmm......

I believe you
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i call bullshit
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

oh my !

bring on hungerstrike!
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    If true...AWESOM!!!!!

If not...Shenanigans: everyone grab a broom.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i cant get my head around why Ed would be in London.

this isnt meant as a dig at you my amigo... but i bet Ed is travelling around and doing things all the time... he's just played with Flea and Jack Irons and he might be over for a multitude of reasons most likely having a holiday break with one of his many friends

we arent privy to his every move and the reason for that move.. he does what he wants
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    If true...AWESOM!!!!!

If not...Shenanigans: everyone grab a broom.

yeh

it would be a seriously lame thing to make up.......
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i cant get my head around why Ed would be in London. I thought after this big world tour in 06 he would be with his family and stuff and seeing the euro tour isn't far away, he would be resting up etc. Or maybe he is on holiday with his family in England :S:S

hmm......

I believe you

Yeah I thought so too - thus my complete surprise.

He had 2 guys with him - both overweight... one with long hair and beard in jeans and flannel shirt and another guy clean shaven in a suit no tie. Also a tall glamour - I ASSUME its his mrs although never seen a pic of her so dunno...

They all looked very chilled - eating sushi apart from fat guy with beard who was tucking into a Spicy Chicken Ramen.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:

OH MY GOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOD

rita !!!!! dont joke **starts to melt at the thought**
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    London_Jam wrote:
    Yeah I thought so too - thus my complete surprise.

He had 2 guys with him - both overweight... one with long hair and beard in jeans and flannel shirt and another guy clean shaven in a suit no tie. Also a tall glamour - I ASSUME its his mrs although never seen a pic of her so dunno...

They all looked very chilled - eating sushi apart from fat guy with beard who was tucking into a Spicy Chicken Ramen.

i believe you matey.. :)
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    OH MY GOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOD

rita !!!!! dont joke **starts to melt at the thought**
    Hey V! Start having your dreams.... :D:D
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    London_Jam wrote:
    giving interviews and such to promote the tour?

better not be TOO secret!! :eek:
    redrock wrote:
    you're reading my thoughts..I've dreamed about this..it might come true..

now do I believe it or not though...
    someone remind us who London-Jam is in real life?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hey V! Start having your dreams.... :D:D

oh baby if we get near the front and i'm still standing from cornell in spitting distance ............... oh my ............ if .....if.......ED stands there as well side by side :eek: ..........**faints**
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    oh baby if we get near the front and i'm still standing from cornell in spitting distance ............... oh my ............ if .....if.......ED stands there as well side by side :eek: ..........**faints**

Don't faint Pinkness... be there to enjoy every minute of it! :D Remember hubbies will be there to keep an eye on us (but they'll be far away enough!).

It's times like this that you wish you had a camera phone!
  • Options
    That's it. He winked at the Cornell reference 'cos he's gonna be there. Marketh my words.
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    Oh now see what you've done London Jam :eek: . If he doesn't turn up at the Cornell show now, some lives will have been ruined because of your thread :eek: :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

he's this bloke who eats japanese stuff and has no reason to lie to any of you?

i once saw Rhys Ifans...
  • Options
    That's it. He winked at the Cornell reference 'cos he's gonna be there. Marketh my words.
    Man.. are we getting all hyped up! Maybe he's just telling CC to ask Paddy Casey to be last minute special guest....
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i once saw Rhys Ifans...
    Not possible... next you'll be saying you chatted to Russell Brand... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    The guy who used to sing for the Super Furry Animals!!! :eek: Cool!
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Pegasus wrote:

dave is what he goes by in real life, if i recall correctly. Met him at reading last year.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/strugs/PJ%20%20Reading%20Love%20Camp/SV300256.jpg
    on the left with the open shirt.

good bloke, he offered me his spare barcelona 10c ticket :) but i couldn't get there :(
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    It's times like this I wish I wasn't 5000 miles away. :(
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Don't faint Pinkness... be there to enjoy every minute of it! :D Remember hubbies will be there to keep an eye on us (but they'll be far away enough!).

It's times like this that you wish you had a camera phone!

fuck me if their both there I will be stage diving to jump them both :D:D no fainting no fainting !

HH indeed !
    dunk HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Oh now see what you've done London Jam :eek: . If he doesn't turn up at the Cornell show now, some lives will have been ruined because of your thread :eek: :(

I know - hope there arent mass suicides or something of the like if it doesnt work out :-S

All Im giving away about my identity (in reply to an earlier post) is that I was at the Reading Festival, Barcelona and Marseille shows down at the front with my Ten Club tickets (apart from Reading of course) and that when Footsteps gets dropped and Eddie says, 'this is dedicated to Adam - a visionary, a humanitarian, an artist - but most of all a good friend' then he is refering to me.

Man - wish I wasnt trying to lose weight at the moment. I had a seafood salad but that Ramen the fat beardy guy was tucking into and Ed's california rolls looked well nice!

Anyways - roll on Wembley.
  • Options
    London_Jam wrote:
    I know - hope there arent mass suicides or something of the like if it doesnt work out :-S

All Im giving away about my identity (in reply to an earlier post) is that I was at the Reading Festival, Barcelona and Marseille shows down at the front with my Ten Club tickets (apart from Reading of course) and that when Footsteps gets dropped and Eddie says, 'this is dedicated to Adam - a visionary, a humanitarian, an artist - but most of all a good friend' then he is refering to me.

Man - wish I wasnt trying to lose weight at the moment. I had a seafood salad but that Ramen the fat beardy guy was tucking into and Ed's california rolls looked well nice!

Anyways - roll on Wembley.
    Lol, too late, the pictures up :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life