Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Hobbes wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Oh la la!! :D

temple_of_the_dog_temple_of_the_dog_purple.jpg

Yeah, that's sexy.

Just pre-ordered with Soundstage Direct.
    +1 :thumbup:
  • Options
    So what's the release date? 11-4? That seems awfully quick.
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    in case anyone was wondering, i've purchased from what records in the past (mother love bone purple edition) and yes, while they are a tad more expensive, the packing was superb, very thick cardboard, and a lot quicker than 10C, considering it's being shipped from across the pond.

no issues with them...

can't wait for this to arrive!
  • Options
    Ordered on amazon.co.uk just now
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    ^^^ ME TOO! It was cheaper to order from amazon.co.uk for me being in Canada then it was getting it shipped from the US :D Basically ended up costing me $40 CDN with shipping included... couple sites I went to based in the states wanted more to ship the vinyl then it was actually worth :D We're talking like $80-$90 total for the vinyl and shipping :D
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    jvoorhees wrote:
    ^^^ ME TOO! It was cheaper to order from amazon.co.uk for me being in Canada then it was getting it shipped from the US :D Basically ended up costing me $40 CDN with shipping included... couple sites I went to based in the states wanted more to ship the vinyl then it was actually worth :D We're talking like $80-$90 total for the vinyl and shipping :D
    Thanks man, just saved me a ton of money!
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    JC8074JC8074 Posts: 127
    stukatz wrote:
    in case anyone was wondering, i've purchased from what records in the past (mother love bone purple edition) and yes, while they are a tad more expensive, the packing was superb, very thick cardboard, and a lot quicker than 10C, considering it's being shipped from across the pond.

no issues with them...

Theirs was 13 bucks cheaper than when pre-ordered through Amazon today, though What Records fulfills through Amazon...what gives?
  • Options
    JC8074JC8074 Posts: 127
    JC8074 wrote:
    stukatz wrote:

no issues with them...

Theirs was 13 bucks cheaper than when pre-ordered through Amazon today, though What Records fulfills through Amazon...what gives?

Oops...when ordered through Music Record Shop...
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,257
    jvoorhees wrote:

I wouldnt hold my breath with Amazon, this release is very limited and Amazon usually ends up just shipping the black edition. This has happened to me twice, i ordered the green silverchair and the purple MLB and both times got shipped black editions and when i contacted them they said thats all they ever had even though the listing said colored both times.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Horse2345 wrote:
    ...this release is very limited

you sure?
    mr_canada wrote:
    I decided to follow up since 45 copies to one store seemed like a lot. It looks like fulfillment won't be an issue.

Here is the response: Hi. Yes, your order is secure. I buy direct from the UK MOV supplier and I have many copies coming in. No worries on fulfillment. Thanks for your order!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    pjradio wrote:
    Horse2345 wrote:

you sure?
    mr_canada wrote:
    I decided to follow up since 45 copies to one store seemed like a lot. It looks like fulfillment won't be an issue.

Here is the response: Hi. Yes, your order is secure. I buy direct from the UK MOV supplier and I have many copies coming in. No worries on fulfillment. Thanks for your order!

Colored vinyl will be limited, yes.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Horse2345 wrote:

you sure?
    mr_canada wrote:

Well they say 5000 now are purple.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    soundstagedirect.com is pre-ordering now...go get 'em!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    jgardzjgardz Posts: 277
    Just ordered from soundstage, sent to my US parcel pickup place in port Huron. Saved a bunch in shipping...
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    I pre-ordered through Amazon Uk and it was roughly $38 Canadian. With shipping that cheaper than getting it through my local record store. Thanks for the heads up:)
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    worth the extra $3-4 for the packaging alone... http://www.soundstagedirect.com/temple- ... ords.shtml
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Covered both bases and ordered from Music Record Shop & Soundstage Direct.
    Not fucking around with this one.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,651
    pjradio wrote:
    worth the extra $3-4 for the packaging alone... http://www.soundstagedirect.com/temple- ... ords.shtml
    Absolutely. Theyre better at shipping vinyl than any other company out there.

And i had a nice birthday coupon code from them. $5 off 8-)
  • Options
    Pre-ordered it through Amazon. A bit pricy but MOV stuff always sounds fantastic. First week of November release date which is nice. I'm sick of these pre-orders where I have to wait forever to get. I pre-ordered a Sisters Of Mercy album reissue so long ago that I actually forgot about it until I got a shipping notification. It's ridiculous.
    Kristin
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    just order on amazon.co.uk definitely the cheapest to usa at the moment, comes out to $37.88 USD 8-)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,092
    Update on the color ..

There’s only one color , black one will follow later
    All the best.

Michiel Kusters
    Music On Vinyl
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    Sorry, I just posted something abbout in another thread, I hadn't noticed this one.

It's also available on What Records
    http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/58967.htm

Question: how official is this release?

I oredred one anyway :)
    -- rafa
  • Options
    Sorry, I just posted something abbout in another thread, I hadn't noticed this one.

It's also available on What Records
    http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/58967.htm

Question: how official is this release?

I oredred one anyway :)

They've now sold out too. Amazon UK are only selling the black ones now also, glad I didn't hang around! It's as official as they comefrom their site:
    Music On Vinyl is a vinyl only record label that releases high quality 180g LP and 7" vinyl pressings of titles licensed from a wide range of record companies and artists who control their own repertoire.

These are both re-issues of classic titles, or a simultaneous vinyl release to compliment a CD/DVD release, all marketed under the Music On Vinyl brand, which vinyl lovers worldwide recognize as a trusted name providing a superb LP vinyl product.

As for our sources; We are provided with the best possible (analogue) masters available. On top of that, our sound engineer has over 35 years of experience in cutting and mastering records for (major) labels.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,957
    Missed ordering through What Records, but have given Piccadilly Records a try...not bothered about getting a coloured one, just so happy this has been reissued! :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    PredakingPredaking Posts: 267
    Kinda hafta order this, I guess. :D I can justify since I don't own the CD... simply a copy of it! Now it's just a question of what else am I buying with it! :geek:
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I'm glad I didn't wait it out. I doubt the LTD ed. makes it to brick and mortar with such a limited run.
  • Options
    This is what i meant i think anyone who ordered from Amazon uk will get black. They only have black listed and it says " you ordered this item on" when i go to my orders it has colored listed but when i click on the link it goes to the black one.
  • Options
    mcrieckenmcriecken Indiana Posts: 265
    Just ordered on Soundstage as well! Thanks for the heads up! I believe they were either sold out or back ordered a couple of days ago when I checked.. must have gotten more in?
    St. Louis, USA 10-05-2004 | Chicago, USA 08-23-2009 | Indianapolis, USA 05-07-2010 | Hartford, USA 10-25-2013 | Lexington, USA 04-26-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-22-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-18-2018 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2018
  • Options
    thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    I found out about this yesterday afternoon and Soundstage was sold out, but now they have it in. Preordered and done! Got the purple one, which is awesome. MOV do SUCH a good job with their reissues. I think last November this was up for a presage with shipping in January, and it got scrapped. SO STOKED this one's actually coming through now!!! All we need is the Singles Soundtrack to get reissued!!
    Mantis-2.gif
  • Options
    Music On Vinyl posted an awesome video of the album being pressed/packaged on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXbQBSiq ... e=youtu.be

:clap: :thumbup: :-D
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016