Options

Official 'Thanks From Europe PJ' Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    ohh, thank you so much!!!

without that one show in Dublin.. I don't know.. it changed my life forever! :D thanks to Pearl Jam I had a perfectly acceptable excuse to travel to an another country (and spend all my money doing that) to meet a bunch of the loveliest people around! lol.

there are no words. *does a bad impression of Apu from the Simpsons* "thank you, come again."

:D:D:D:D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the best night in my whole life!!!

I traveled from Serbia to Croatia to see the best show in the universe! I know I would never forget how wonderfull it was! I waited half of my life to see PJ live and I was blown away!

So thank you for making me happy... And I hope you guys keep your promise of coming back next year!

See you then...
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Although you guys haven't visited us for over 6 years, I really appreciated you to share some time with us. I had 2 great days of my life when you played in Arnhem and Antwerp!

Thank you Boom, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt and Eddie!!

Peace and Love!

Theo.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    PJ THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the WONDERFUL, AMAZING, UNBELIEVABLE, UNFORGETTABLE tour in Europe and especially for the night in Prague where I celebrated my wedding anniversary, right in front of the stage! And the best thing is that now also my husband's fell in love with the band, and it makes me so happy!! So I really hope to see you next year, It is ok EVERYWHERE in Europe, (INCLUDING Italy, PLEASE!), the important thing is YOU to COME BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love&peace to all!
  • Options
    calcal Posts: 10
    I'd like to thank Eddie, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt and their crew for an unforgettable night in Prague.

I was there back in 2000 too and had Rearviewmirror played, which was amazing, but I was not in the front pit like this year.

Great setlist (the Given To Fly almost made me cry of happiness and even now when I recall it, I got butterflies in my stomach), enormous energy (Matt, Jeff and Stone: we've got a magnificent piece of you), terrific music (Mike, you're splendid and I just adore Ed's voice) and just a perfect show, the best I've ever been to. My husband would like to tell you that Alive makes him goose flesh and thus he feels he's alive.

Sooo... thanks a bunch for your great music and energy you're giving us, you're the best, you are the kings!
    Hope to see you some time again, doesn't matter when, doesn't matter where (though I'd love to see you in the States).
    All the best to you and your families!
    Take care,
    Lucie & Daniel
    A compliment for us is a compliment for you.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    thanks for making my musical life complete... i couldnt wait to see the boys live, it was just something that escaped me (i couldnt make 2000 for honeymoon reasons) and so i feel i have been waiting ten years to see them... and that makes you ache!!!

the whole gig experience is what makes it special, meeting people from the board, the booze, the whole event is just amazing!!!!

come back in 2007 to Scotland and rock!!!! :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    A magical six weeks since it all began in Dublin. Great travel, places, fellow fans and venues. A big thank you to Pearl Jam for so many wonderful experiences. The next few weekends will seem pretty quiet and empty now......

****Hoping for a 2007 UK tour****
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22
  • Options
    Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou....

My dream came true this August and September. Reading blew my mind. Barcelona rocked the crap out of me. And to top it all off the jewel in the crown - Marseille, that wonderfully intimate and special moment in my life.

I love this band so very much. What they give me and what their music means to me cannot be put into words. To see them up close and personal has been a highlight of my life.

I hope the rumours are true and I get to see the guys again early next year in my native UK. It would be great if it happens but either way I am happy.

In turn, Im sure the band enjoyed us also and realise how much they mean to us. You, the fans - my new colleagues and new friends are the greatest group of people. To all those new friends I may never see again - it was you who helped make it really special and those long waits in lines across Europe completely pain free.

What a wonderful, wonderful time.

Thanks - to the greatest band in the world. You rock!
  • Options
    mnarob3mnarob3 Posts: 235
    gracias, danke, thank you, hvala PEARL JAM.... i waited 6 years for you, in all that time you were a sound i'll never forgert, sound coming out of a cd....and now seeing you 3 times in this european tour...it was the happiest moment i ever felt....just the pure feelings~

THANK YOU PEARL JAM AND THEIR CREW!!!

hope to see you again in the near future;)

keep on rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *~~bologna 14.9.2006~~*~~vienna 25.9.2006~~*~~zagreb 26.9.2006~~
    *~~munich 12.6.2007~~*~~chorzow 13.6.2007~~*
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I agree with all ofthe above posters. I can't put into words how great it has been. I saw two of the most amazing shows of my life, and I will never forget them.
    Met Loads of great people too. I'm gonna start saving for next year right now.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    verdumverdum Posts: 11
    Thank you Eddie, Jeff, Stone, Mike, Matt and Boooooooom!
    Thank you for still making such wonderful music that you've done on your last record, and thanks for letting us Europeans have a chance to listen to it live!!!!!!! (even though some of us have had to go far away from home to experience it - but that was real sweet to to be honest :-) )

Please please please PLEASE do what has been rumored and come back to Europe next year and play the Scandinavian countries, Britain and Eastern Europe! So many people would be grateful if you did!!! Myself and a lot of friends here in Norway included =-).

But again, THANKS for this tour and especially my fantastic experience in Paris! ( and that goes for my friend as well)

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR! :-)
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thank you for three amazing gigs. The music, the energy, front row!!!

Also because of these gigs I have met some wonderful people this year :D

And if you could manage to fit us in for some more gigs next year we would be very grateful!!!

Thanks again;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Obrigada - we will be at all shows in Portugal in the future. It is so exciting to anticipate, enjoy and the relish any Pearl Jam concert. But the ones in Lisbon are just so much more special.Thank you for that.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    I stood there shouting thankyou at paris, .......shame they couldn't hear me!

It was amazing seeing them twice in a fortnight, something that i will never forget and am hoping i will have the chance to repeat very very soon.

I have never felt so alive as i did when i saw the band take the stage an feel the music in the flesh.

My wife is now a mad jammer and i constantly tell her how damn lucky she is to have seen them live.

Heres to the next european tour and if they play MSG in NY, we are there, no questions

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    Thank you for all the effort you put into the tour. I do not come to the forum much but have to say I saw a good amount of the tour and it was special.

What stood out more than the music was the sense of community- Italians, Australians, Kiwi's ( you mad bastards!!), German, French, Croats, Serbs, Austrians, Spanish, Portuguese, Belgians, Dutch, French, Greeks, Cypriots, Czech, English, Polish, Israeli's, Turks, Swiss, Irish, Hungarians, Danish, Fins, Swedes, Norwiegens, Americans, Canadians, Mexicans!!, Scot's, Welsh and even Maltese.....All together, having fun but showing respect for one another ( If I missed anybody then I am truly sorry. Feel free to add)

...............What a shining light to all those who think, say and believe that we (us) are so different that we can never agree. If only the world could look at this tour on their MTV, I-pods and other shit.... I know it is only small in the grand scheme of things, but I have to say this tour has made me a better person. Pearl Jam was a catalyst for this.
    Phoney Beatle mania has bitten the dust...
  • Options
    Thank you for all the effort you put into the tour. I do not come to the forum much but have to say I saw a good amount of the tour and it was special.

What stood out more than the music was the sense of community- Italians, Australians, Kiwi's ( you mad bastards!!), German, French, Croats, Serbs, Austrians, Spanish, Portuguese, Belgians, Dutch, French, Greeks, Cypriots, Czech, English, Polish, Israeli's, Turks, Swiss, Irish, Hungarians, Danish, Fins, Swedes, Norwiegens, Americans, Canadians, Mexicans!!, Scot's, Welsh and even Maltese.....All together, having fun but showing respect for one another ( If I missed anybody then I am truly sorry. Feel free to add)

...............What a shining light to all those who think, say and believe that we (us) are so different that we can never agree. If only the world could look at this tour on their MTV, I-pods and other shit.... I know it is only small in the grand scheme of things, but I have to say this tour has made me a better person. Pearl Jam was a catalyst for this.

RIGHT ! :):):):)
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965

What a great post - and so true. You should post more often. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."