Options

*** Philadelphia 1 Fanviews Here 10/21/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    What is the deal with GA? When can you start lining up? DO they give you numbers? Thanks for all of your help -going tonight and can't freaking wait.
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,320
    dfishberg wrote:
    What is the deal with GA? When can you start lining up? DO they give you numbers? Thanks for all of your help -going tonight and can't freaking wait.

Good info here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=221799
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Great show.

I was amazed at their output, song after song after song, with never more than a few seconds in between...and they just kept going.

it sounds like they were practicing or something too...songs sounded like they had slightly different riffs and subtle rhythm changes here and there.

Its amazing too the difference in sound quality that can be achieved just by shifting left or right a section or two--it can really make a difference in a concert experience whether what you are hearing is muddled or whether it is crisp and clear.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Kanye East wrote:
    Did anyone else think the lightning bolt lights were cheesy?

FIrst time I saw them I immediately thought about KISS, as they look like the S. :fp:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    I have one ticket available for tonight - Philly 2 show. Section 215 Row 8. Paid $100.25 for it with fees. Will sell for $80. 34 songs last night - you don't want to miss this one!

Can meet up at venue for cash or e-mail ticket for paypal pmt. PM or e-mail is fine.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Brain of J
    I got ID
    Pilate
    Crazy Mary
    Low Light
    Half Full

did this really just happen?
  • Options
    I have a pair for tonight yet

Row 11

$80 for both.
    PM me and well meet in the lot.
  • Options
    Dogfish was at a place on the first level, but I don't remember the name, and I left my receipts at home (I had a few!). They only sold beer, and had a few other good selections - a Victory Lager, among others. I want to say it was near the entrance to section 112, but don't hold me to that!
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    I don't think PJ will have a bad show this tour...this leg anyway. I just can't believe these sets and the fanviews. Better than ever!!!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    rr06 wrote:
    What time do I need to get in line for GA? I am so short and I am getting scared that I wont be able to see a thing!

i know people lined up super early, but i got in the venue a little after 7 and still got on the rail on Stones side,
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    Shout out to checked shirt guy in 122 who was so wasted that he slept through the whole gig.......then did a sick.
    What an incredible show........lost for words yet again
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Shout out to checked shirt guy in 122 who was so wasted that he slept through the whole gig.......then did a sick.
    What an incredible show........lost for words yet again
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Great show. Great crowd! What a set! 34 songs?!

Leash had the building shaking!

Great 10c seats in section 111.

0/1 With my sign for Rival...4 more chances!

More to come, as well as a few videos.

See everyone tonight!
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Lost for words half a day later. WTFC about one show topping another anymore...Cheers to the hardest working band, kickass fans, facing GA fears and it being fucking outstanding...I can't wait for tonight!
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    That was fun
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    Great show! Big thanks to the 10club for the reserves seats (my pregnant wife would not have been cool in the Pit)... To answer someone's question, "Half Full" was the song on which McCreedy played the solo behind his back... For me, highlights were long road, lukin/not for you/modern girl, i got shit, crazy mary and mother.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    BK5333BK5333 Posts: 40
    Well, I ended up in the hospital Sunday. Missed my flight to Philly. Missed this show and will obviously miss tonight's show too - my only shows for the whole tour. I'm home and doing fine, but I wanted to cry when I saw this set list. I imagine when I see tonight's set list I will want to put my head through the wall.

Sounds like it was a great night. Please come back to Detroit soon. We need something good here...
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    All I've wanted to hear since the 08 tour and especially in BK was "Off He Goes" and/or "Long Road" and they played both in the same show at Philly. If only these shows weren't during the week, I woulda been there.

A little bummed since I prolly won't get either in Hartford but happy for those at the show and tonight's
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    As amazing as ever! This was my 5th show and it was my husbands 2nd - the last show he saw was on the Yield tour and he was stunned by the energy in that stadium. It was incredible fuel for for the band!
    Ed, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt ....thank you for entertaining us for 20 plus years.
    Love is all good people need
    and music sets the sick ones free

Camden, NJ, Sat 29 August, 1998
    Camden, NJ, Thu 19 June, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA, Tue 27 October, 2009
    Newark, NJ, Tue 18 May, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA Mon 21 Oct 2013
  • Options
    Great show. Actually thought Half-full was the highlight. God bless'em. You certainly get your money's worth with this band. I just wish my back didn't hurt so bad from standing three hours. Christ, I'm getting old.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    BK5333 wrote:
    Well, I ended up in the hospital Sunday. Missed my flight to Philly. Missed this show and will obviously miss tonight's show too - my only shows for the whole tour. I'm home and doing fine, but I wanted to cry when I saw this set list. I imagine when I see tonight's set list I will want to put my head through the wall.

Sounds like it was a great night. Please come back to Detroit soon. We need something good here...

wow. :( glad you're okay.

and yes... we need them to come back to detroit!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    From the 2009 Spectrum shows to last night, PJ continues to absolutely kill it in Philadelphia. They just kept playing more songs with so much heart and energy. It felt like it was never going to end? They are completely at the top of their game and the best live act going today. They've unseated Springsteen and any same set list over and over again, from U2, as well as they play. PJ are unquestionably at their prime right now. Go see them this tour or you are missing a band at their best. Once in a lifetime opportunity.
  • Options
    From the 2009 Spectrum shows to last night, PJ continues to absolutely kill it in Philadelphia. They just kept playing more songs with so much heart and energy. It felt like it was never going to end? They are completely at the top of their game and the best live act going today. They've unseated Springsteen and any same set list over and over again, from U2, as well as they play. PJ are unquestionably at their prime right now. Go see them this tour or you are missing a band at their best. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Agreed. I have been telling anyone who'll listen that even if you're not a big PJ fan to just go to one of their shows, you will be amazed at the performance of the band AND the dedication of the fans. It's truly a sight to behold!
    Love is all good people need
    and music sets the sick ones free

Camden, NJ, Sat 29 August, 1998
    Camden, NJ, Thu 19 June, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA, Tue 27 October, 2009
    Newark, NJ, Tue 18 May, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA Mon 21 Oct 2013
  • Options
    I'm a little late in my reply but...

This band is amazing. I was at Brooklyn 2 and Philly 1. I cannot believe how much energy these guys still have for us fans every single show. I will continue to support this band (buying albums/merch/live releases/boots, etc) for as long as they're around because they support me just as much.

My favorite PJ show is and always will be...
    my next one.
    My favorite PJ show is and always will be...
    my next one.

Camden, NJ 2006
    Camden, NJ 2008
    NY, NY 2008
    EV 2008
    EV 2011
    Brooklyn,NY 2013
    Philly, PA, 2013
  • Options

"Don't fucking tweet that shit! I'll fucking find you! Put your fucking phones away!"

Happy birthday to Jake. Even before all the attention he got for his birthday I kept noticing him on the screens rocking out. Can't miss a neon shirt from the nosebleeds. Good for him. His 18th certainly beats my 18th. He got wine from Eddie, I just got a hangover. :sick:

Its online for your viewing pleasure. Apparently someone did not follow through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F_gFg98hLQ
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Had a great time- right off the rail in the center. I was so nervous about the GA situation going in and it was really great. Met some very cool people (hi Matt and Jen). The music is the driving force but I love listening/talking stats, stories, shop, life with the other 10c members- GA has offered that up. We were just talking about Crazy Mary and how it has really come alive with Boom on the keys and to play it after the 10/3/05 show in the same place...that takes guts 8-) Started off so nice and gentle beautiful Low Light and then it went off!! Brain of J, Animal, MYM-pit energy was solid. Mike was being Mike and igniting fires all over, Ed starts shining the light off his guitar (i.e: beams on the audience) and is aiming on Mike- Mike thinks (?) he is in way only to find that Ed is following him with this high beam- so fun. Beautiful version of Indifference, great closer- nice way to quiet into the evening knowing it was going to get turned up again the next day.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    We finally made it home!
    I had a fantastic time! We didn't line up before and ended up in about the 8th row on Mike's side. DevonPearl from Germany and Cav were my show buddies. Philly 1 was my first USA PJ GA show, and I have to say it was much much tamer than I expected :lol: The sounds was amazing, only downside was we didn't really hear much of the rest of the audience from where we were. I do like to hear the audience response and choirs too ... I have never been that close in such a nice surrounding :lol: It was such a blast to see Mike interacting with the audience, and just experiencing the show like from a small club atmosphere. We danced our asses off, screamed our lungs out and just had an overall spectacular time. I think this show is the best of all I have ever been to. Energy, set list, concert buddies and overall atmosphere! Even the poster was super cool. It seemed like the first set would never end, and the first encore just blew me away. When we went out of the arena, my legs were wobbly and I felt like I had run a marathon. I guess I need to work out harder and more frequently :oops: :P

Rickzoo, you are one of the most wonderful people I know - THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking care of our backpack!

And thank you, PJ, for such a top-notch show. I am seriously still blown away :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I think this may have been the best Pearl Jam experience I have ever had.

Thanks to the band. and many thanks to those around me

I will never forget this night :)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ Yay cav & leeze! :wave: So cool to hear you had such a great time! See you next month(or December, whenever it is :? )!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011