Options

*** Philadelphia 1 Fanviews Here 10/21/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Show Was Amazing.
    Crowd was Intense and the boys felt it! It's been 4 years since they have been to their 2nd home.
    Set List.....Amazing!!
    Long Road, Not For You, I got Shit, Leash, Mother, Pilate.....

Crowd was awesome during many songs but I personally loved watching them during LEASH
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    FrankieG wrote:
    Anyone going tonight. I'll be in section 124, row 2, seat 8, wearing a red flannel, Come say hi! :)

I was section 124 row 5 last night, great seats!
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    MOTHER OF GOD! What a night. High energy from the crowd and the band. Mike melted faces all over the place. The new songs sounded great live. Finally got Long Road to open. Hilights: Pilate, Mother, Long Road, Half Full, all the songs from Lighting Bolt. Only one slight downer, Deep on setlist and not played. Can't wait for tonight! Get to hang with old friends and the new ones I have met this tour. Love this band, love the fans.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    What a show last night-so many favorites played-I Got Shit, RVM, Wishlist, Man of the Hour, Long Road-the list goes on and on! :D I was in section 111, seat 13, right by the stairs. I had a perfect view of the stage, and the only down part was people constantly walking in front of me to go up the steps! :( I couldn't believe the mass exodus during Evenflow! :shock: And the couple beside me left after Unthought Known! :o (maybe they had an early day today?) At any rate, I enjoyed the show so much-like someone said, the band was on fire, and what a crowd!! :clap::clap:

Me too! Row 3, seats 13 and 14. Great view.
  • Options
    rustyrrustyr Posts: 138
    My god what an amazing show last night! 34 songs, 3 hours, made the joke at one point to my best friend "oh hey, they just played all of Merkinball!" lol.

"Mother" was ace, the new songs sounded fucking fantastic, finally got to see them do "Long Road". I don't know how they plan on topping it tonight but I'm sure they will!! BRING OUT SATAN'S BED FOR PJ23!!!
    9/4/00, 7/1/03, 7/12/03, 5/30/06, 8/5/07, 10/28/09, 5/13/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13
  • Options
    Kanye East wrote:
    No offense just seen a few people spending way too much over it......maybe that will teach you next time....lol rock on

Trust me, I was rocking out all night, unlike a lot of the people in our section. The setlist was given during infallible and I took all of 30 secs to take a photo of it. Were you in row 22? I was in row 21.

Going tonight? I'll be there again.
    Yup row 22, that was cool to see that guy get that I am sure he will never forget it.
    Will be there tonite as well.....no 10c tix though
    Lets trade visit my list for my PEARL JAM and all other recordings www.phishhook.com/lists/chrisrap1

~I don't care how many times you've seen them~
  • Options
    JSF158JSF158 Posts: 4
    What time did the concert start and what time did it end? I'm taking the subway from work and just seeing how much time I have. Thanks!

I got pit for tonight. This is my first time seeing them from the real pit. This is also my fiancee's first PJ show ever. It's been awhile since I saw them (all 4 spectrum shows). The last spectrum show was the best and since I wasn't there last night, maybe tonight's show will be the "better" Philly show this time around.
  • Options
    dko323 wrote:
    Any feedback on the GA situation as far as lining up, staying in line, etc. Or was it like the honor system as I heard in Brooklyn with numbers.....?
    Greatest line Ive been apart. Much smoother and better than my experiences in Europe.

we had numbers, but ppl also stayed in line for the most part or close to it where we were (had number 9)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dko323 wrote:
    Any feedback on the GA situation as far as lining up, staying in line, etc. Or was it like the honor system as I heard in Brooklyn with numbers.....?
    Greatest line Ive been apart. Much smoother and better than my experiences in Europe.

we had numbers, but ppl also stayed in line for the most part or close to it where we were (had number 9)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JSF158 wrote:
    What time did the concert start and what time did it end? I'm taking the subway from work and just seeing how much time I have. Thanks!

I got pit for tonight. This is my first time seeing them from the real pit. This is also my fiancee's first PJ show ever. It's been awhile since I saw them (all 4 spectrum shows). The last spectrum show was the best and since I wasn't there last night, maybe tonight's show will be the "better" Philly show this time around.
    Hit promptly 8:30 done 11:30 last nite will be tough to beat
    Lets trade visit my list for my PEARL JAM and all other recordings www.phishhook.com/lists/chrisrap1

~I don't care how many times you've seen them~
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I didn't think there would be room but this wedged itself right between MSG 2 and Brooklyn 2 for me. At least my reaction this morning. The only better shows than the MSG 2 were last two nights at the Spectrum.

They nail Mother so freakin perfect btw.

Just realized that sounds awful but what the hell.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    dogfootbluesdogfootblues Posts: 116
    edited October 2013
    First show since Binuaral. Took my fiancée to her first PJ show lady night. Pit crowd were amazing. Everyone for the most part were brothers and sisters. Is it me or did "lightning Bolt" realty come alive and hit anyone as hard as me last night? Crazy energy. Liked seeing Eds Zinn Tele for " I Got Shit " and his speed story. Saw them tuning up his 70's blonde Tele but a no show. Copper Tele w/mirror pickguard that he shined shine some light on us. Mike was hilarious all night. I laughed so hard. The boys were really having a good time. Everyone smiling. "Man Of The Hour" "Crazy Mary" "I Believe In Miracles". Jesus. I can't wait for tonight. Corduroy and a lil Habit with some better man are coming our way.

One last shout out to the pit for treating me and my girl so well.r
    Post edited by dogfootblues on
  • Options
    What a night!! This band delivers like no other band. The building was on fire between the energy from the band and the crowd - just a great feeling.
    Woke up today with a smile on my face but, with really sore feet and no voice.
    Wish I was going to tonight's show :cry:
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    First show since Binuaral. Took my fiancée to her first PJ show lady night. Pit crowd were amazing. Everyone for the most part were brothers and sisters. Is it me or did "lightning Bolt" realty come alive and hit anyone as hard as me last night? Crazy energy. Liked seeing Eds Zinn Tele for " I Got Shit " and his speed story. Saw them tuning up his 70's blonde Tele but a no show. Copper Tele w/mirror pickguard that he shined shine some light on us. Mike was hilarious all night. I lagged so hard. The boys were really having a good time. Everyone smiling. "Man Of The Hour" "Crazy Mary" "I Believe In Miracles". Jesus. I can't wait for tonight. Corduroy and a lil Habit with some better man are coming our way.

One last shout out to the pit for testing me and my girl so well.

Yeah LB was awesome.

Anybody want an extra TC reserved ticket? Face.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Amazing show! The setlist was ridiculous, and holy shit McCready was on fire all night! Section 103 via 10c, had so much fun but couldn't believe how many people left early. Got home around 2 am, and 6 am alarm for work came waaaay too quick. Not able to make it tonight unfortunately, but I'm sure it will be another great show!
  • Options
    There still selling nose bleeder seats bro. U can go
  • Options
    I went to Worcester 2, Brooklyn 2, and was there last night. I can't say one was better than the other - all three shows were awesome! The band is in really good form. McCready was on fire, and as someone else said, Stone was really jamming and into it. Overall crowd was awesome, but the people around me - best statue impressions I've seen. To each his/her own, I guess, but I don't know how you stand still with your arms crossed at a concert.

I would also like to second what an earlier post said - avoid the crab fries. Dogfish head 60 minute IPA can be had at one of the vendors - nice!

Enjoy the show tonight if you're lucky enough to be going.

Can't wait for LA!
  • Options
    kemicskemics Posts: 54
    I don't really post much on these boards, was a post junkie on the old ones...

Saw some questions on times:

If you want to be on the rail, you should be in line now. I got there at 1:45pm and was about 20 deep in line, ended up about 3' from the rail. They have a sign up list, I was #68, people behind me were in the 40s so it didn't get followed. Plus last night after the show people were signing up on the list already then leaving.

Show started at 8:30pm, was hearing that you really need to be in your seat by 8:15 to make sure you don't miss it.

Show ended around 11:30pm, don't have an exact time, wasn't watching the clock...

Setlist was one of my favorites, got to hear Pilate again, long road was great too. I tend to take breaks during the bigger more popular songs and just watch the crowd, saving my energy for the rares.

My wife and I were 3 deep center stage, everyone was amazing, I've had seats no closer than 9th row before, so this was my closest. Everyone was so nice. A woman named Laura was in front of us and pulled my wife up for a song or two. The guy next to me had his birthday, we sang to him before the show, then when Ed poured the wine he had a glass passed back.

Pearl Jam has the greatest fans in the world, we weren't going to go to any more shows this year but we are debating it now. Only regrets: I didn't get any picks, tambourines, sticks, etc. I'll have to get up close and try again. Had a shot at a set list but the guy next to me jumped higher. Then the security guard held onto the rest for himself. Also thanks to the fans for showing me the stats app, that was cool. I've been to 17 shows now, and I just realize I've never seen Oceans or Release... That needs to happen.

To everyone going tonight have fun!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm starring at you the whole fuckin' time." E.V.
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    First show since Binuaral. Took my fiancée to her first PJ show lady night. Pit crowd were amazing. Everyone for the most part were brothers and sisters. Is it me or did "lightning Bolt" realty come alive and hit anyone as hard as me last night? Crazy energy. Liked seeing Eds Zinn Tele for " I Got Shit " and his speed story. Saw them tuning up his 70's blonde Tele but a no show. Copper Tele w/mirror pickguard that he shined shine some light on us. Mike was hilarious all night. I lagged so hard. The boys were really having a good time. Everyone smiling. "Man Of The Hour" "Crazy Mary" "I Believe In Miracles". Jesus. I can't wait for tonight. Corduroy and a lil Habit with some better man are coming our way.

One last shout out to the pit for testing me and my girl so well.

Yeah LB was awesome.

Anybody want an extra TC reserved ticket? Face.
    PM sent
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    chrisrap1 wrote:
    Kanye East wrote:
    No offense just seen a few people spending way too much over it......maybe that will teach you next time....lol rock on

Trust me, I was rocking out all night, unlike a lot of the people in our section. The setlist was given during infallible and I took all of 30 secs to take a photo of it. Were you in row 22? I was in row 21.

Going tonight? I'll be there again.
    Yup row 22, that was cool to see that guy get that I am sure he will never forget it.
    Will be there tonite as well.....no 10c tix though

Yeah, that was really cool. He was rocking out the whole time too!
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    kemicskemics Posts: 54
    Side note, Yesterday was my Dog "PJ's" birthday and they sang pilate... she obviously doesn't realize that but I'm sure she'd think it was cool.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm starring at you the whole fuckin' time." E.V.
  • Options
    greggv19greggv19 Posts: 37
    edited October 2013
    I have been to quite a few shows since 2000 and this is top 3 easy. Great vibe, great songs and great crowd. I was shocked as I thought it would be a little more tame since it was a Monday night. They really brought it and then some. Loved the 5 songs each from vs. and yield. Some highlights for me were off he goes, sonic reducer, miracles, crazy mary (what a jam sessison!!), not for you and indifference. Also, given to fly had such a great energy to it, it was really amazing. Can't wait for tonight, not sure how they can top it though. Pit for the first time so I am pumped! Shout out to section 221a as it was a great time last night in the first few rows. Alot of real fans there.
    Post edited by greggv19 on
  • Options
    Did anyone else think the lightning bolt lights were cheesy?
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    kemics wrote:

If you want to be on the rail, you should be in line now. I got there at 1:45pm and was about 20 deep in line, ended up about 3' from the rail. They have a sign up list, I was #68, people behind me were in the 40s so it didn't get followed. Plus last night after the show people were signing up on the list already then leaving.

Show started at 8:30pm, was hearing that you really need to be in your seat by 8:15 to make sure you don't miss it.

Show ended around 11:30pm, don't have an exact time, wasn't watching the clock...

Setlist was one of my favorites, got to hear Pilate again, long road was great too. I tend to take breaks during the bigger more popular songs and just watch the crowd, saving my energy for the rares.

My wife and I were 3 deep center stage, everyone was amazing, I've had seats no closer than 9th row before, so this was my closest. Everyone was so nice. A woman named Laura was in front of us and pulled my wife up for a song or two. The guy next to me had his birthday, we sang to him before the show, then when Ed poured the wine he had a glass passed back.

Pearl Jam has the greatest fans in the world, we weren't going to go to any more shows this year but we are debating it now. Only regrets: I didn't get any picks, tambourines, sticks, etc. I'll have to get up close and try again. Had a shot at a set list but the guy next to me jumped higher. Then the security guard held onto the rest for himself. Also thanks to the fans for showing me the stats app, that was cool. I've been to 17 shows now, and I just realize I've never seen Oceans or Release... That needs to happen.

You are going to have mad energy for that softball game- keep the streak!!! Loved meeting you and your lovely wife- awesome pit energy/ PJ people helped me get over my GA jitters. xo- L (PS come to CVille!) :D
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    embrace wrote:
    kemics wrote:

You are going to have mad energy for that softball game- keep the streak!!! Loved meeting you and your lovely wife- awesome pit energy/ PJ people helped me get over my GA jitters. xo- L (PS come to CVille!) :D

Collegeville?
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,270
    Kanye East wrote:
    Did anyone else think the lightning bolt lights were cheesy?

We thought maybe they were Mike's idea, since they reminded us of stylized "KISS" letters. :D
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,952
    I'm not sure where to begin i'm still in shock, pumped, excited. Was in section 111, row 1, seat 1. Saw a girl pass out, some dude almost got into a fight with security and the band was on fire.

Highlights: Low Light, Leash, Man Of The Hour, Mother, 1/2 Full, Brain Of J, I Got Shit, Animal, Crazy Mary, Animal, Spin the black Circle, Let The Records Play, Pilate, etc...

videos to come :)

Philly 1 > Brooklyn 2. Not srue how they will top this tomorrow.

my videos:
    Low Light
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlP4bN8meP8

Brain of J
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqM_RZi6dGU

Man Of The Hour
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4frbgWGVSLw

Mother(short clip)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGRQd5Hj7T4

Pilate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WDWrptxzk

Let The Records Play
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mS8vQF__n8

Leash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwhiRqhFcsA

Crazy Mary and Indifference are still being uploaded :fp:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 129
    watk7881 wrote:
    I went to Worcester 2, Brooklyn 2, and was there last night. I can't say one was better than the other - all three shows were awesome! The band is in really good form. McCready was on fire, and as someone else said, Stone was really jamming and into it. Overall crowd was awesome, but the people around me - best statue impressions I've seen. To each his/her own, I guess, but I don't know how you stand still with your arms crossed at a concert.

I would also like to second what an earlier post said - avoid the crab fries. Dogfish head 60 minute IPA can be had at one of the vendors - nice!

Enjoy the show tonight if you're lucky enough to be going.

Can't wait for LA!

where was the dogfish head? this is impt info :)
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    great fucking show. how the fuck do these guys do this so many nights? amazed Ed's voice can put that effort out so many nights.

had 10C reserved and ended up on the floor section 1 which I wasn't too thrilled with but ended up being pretty good. had a great group around us that totally rocked the joint. was 2 rows behind a guy who had his daughter there who was about 9 or 10 and she was rocking out. that was pretty cool.

so many highlights on the setlist. probably could list them all but off the top of my head long road, lightning bolt, infallible, lukin/not for you (love when they do this combo), spin the black circle, unthought known, given to fly, off he goes, porch, indifference.

couple of specific notes:
    off he goes - love this song and couldn't believe how loud the crowd was singing it.
    indifference - 20th show and 1st time for this one. I think the only one left I haven't seen/heard is Oceans.
  • Options
    This was the best night of my entire existence. Eddie wished my boyfriend (Jake, the tall guy on the rail) a happy birthday and showered him with cool shit. He even held my hands and gave me a few pics. If anyone has any photos or videos of him saying happy birthday or bringing him wine/pics pm me please! More in depth review to come when I can function. Thank you Pearl Jam + all who make this happen :)

"Don't fucking tweet that shit! I'll fucking find you! Put your fucking phones away!"

Happy birthday to Jake. Even before all the attention he got for his birthday I kept noticing him on the screens rocking out. Can't miss a neon shirt from the nosebleeds. Good for him. His 18th certainly beats my 18th. He got wine from Eddie, I just got a hangover. :sick:
    Speaking as a child of the 90's