Options

♣♣♣ 10/21/13 PHILLY 1 Setlist Thread ♣♣♣

Comments

• Options
    yellowwho wrote:
    Have a buddy at the show and he says the band is on fire but the GA crowd has little energy. Might be time to open GA up to everyone including public to get some new energy. Nothing worse than fans who have seen the band 30 times but don't show any enthusiasm beyond raising an arm every now and then. Even Rolling Stones pits have energy. Embarrassing.

That's the truth !
    If anything everybody should Rock out even harder knowing they have to be responsible 90 percent of the time. Make that other 10 worth it !!

I have been to many concerts big and small and as giving and loving as the PJ family is on this site when it comes to GA concerts they are true bitches. Through my experiences, if you crowd them, or sing to loudly, or have too much fun, they get all bent out of shape and give you the bitch eye for infringing on their good time. And god forbid somebody goes to the bathroom or to get a beer and then tries to get back to their spot. If you leave you might as well know you are giving up your spot for good.[/quote]

By opening it up your risk the chance of having people who only know songs off Ten in the GA. They will only enjoy 5 songs the whole night. The pit will turn into the 200 sections.
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    derbydave wrote:
    Is this still the FIRST ENCORE???
    :ugeek:

Seems like it. Just hope no one (Ed) gets burnt out and can't handle night two...like what happened in Worcester. Really loved both shows, but you can't argue he wasn't beat for night 2.

In his defense he had a cold, but I agree save some for tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Surprised a philly GA crowd is tame... if true.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    This one's off the hook! Rivals Saturday night maybe?
  • Options
    Would really like to see them push the 34 song record for this tour.. I'd love to see them play 36 here...
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    yellowwho wrote:
    Have a buddy at the show and he says the band is on fire but the GA crowd has little energy. Might be time to open GA up to everyone including public to get some new energy. Nothing worse than fans who have seen the band 30 times but don't show any enthusiasm beyond raising an arm every now and then. Even Rolling Stones pits have energy. Embarrassing.

That's the truth !
    If anything everybody should Rock out even harder knowing they have to be responsible 90 percent of the time. Make that other 10 worth it !!

I have been to many concerts big and small and as giving and loving as the PJ family is on this site when it comes to GA concerts they are true bitches. Through my experiences, if you crowd them, or sing to loudly, or have too much fun, they get all bent out of shape and give you the bitch eye for infringing on their good time. And god forbid somebody goes to the bathroom or to get a beer and then tries to get back to their spot. If you leave you might as well know you are giving up your spot for good.[/quote]

Well said. But I don't really agree if you leave the rail you should get your spot back.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I don't think so but it all comes down to personal song preference. Great set though!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Was hoping they'd pull out thin air or parting ways during the encore.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ENCORE 2
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Give us another half hour !!!!
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    A 10 song encore 1. Holy balls. :shock:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    Was hoping they'd pull out thin air or parting ways during the encore.
    I'll take Thin Air tomorrow
    to the universe i don't mean a thing,
    and there's just one word that i still believe,
    and it's love... love
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    Hey guys I have an extra philly 2 10c tix if anyone needs it for face value Pm me
  • Options
    Looks like we are in line for a 3 CD bootleg.

Hope we get a few on this tour!
  • Options
    number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    yellowwho wrote:

I have been to many concerts big and small and as giving and loving as the PJ family is on this site when it comes to GA concerts they are true bitches. Through my experiences, if you crowd them, or sing to loudly, or have too much fun, they get all bent out of shape and give you the bitch eye for infringing on their good time. And god forbid somebody goes to the bathroom or to get a beer and then tries to get back to their spot. If you leave you might as well know you are giving up your spot for good.

By opening it up your risk the chance of having people who only know songs off Ten in the GA. They will only enjoy 5 songs the whole night. The pit will turn into the 200 sections.

I'm not suggesting that at all. I'm merely stating that when the lights go down at a PJ show, the fan turns into a different animal.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I am listening to the songs as they play them... this Unplugged Soundcheck version of Porch I loooove!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    THOSE FUCKERS STILL PLAYING...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sad or Alone in Encore 2! Why not?
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    Sad or Alone in Encore 2! Why not?

Yes, please... Those are two of the sings I need for the fantasy league...
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Of course but waht? Ghost?
  • Options
    31.CRAZY MARY

dedicated to booms brother who flew in for his bday
  • Options
    I don't think so but it all comes down to personal song preference. Great set though!

Very true! Saturday was insane, tonight's great too. Sounds like the crowd was better in Brooklyn, at least from the peanut gallery. :D
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    CM, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . Always play that in Philly for some reason.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    meme wrote:
    I am listening to the songs as they play them... this Unplugged Soundcheck version of Porch I loooove!

So I'm not the only one who listens along?!?!?!
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    a 10 song first ENCORE hahaha thats more than half of a show for most bands these days! Unbelievable...
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    TC282314 wrote:
    meme wrote:

So I'm not the only one who listens along?!?!?!

I love doing that. I may skip CM though :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    I think I like tonight's setlist better than Saturday ... some good unique songs tonight and 30 songs before encore 2!
  • Options
    Looks like we are in line for a 3 CD bootleg.

Hope we get a few on this tour!

I don't see it being that long.

Yea there's more songs (in numbers), but this is on track to be about the same length as Worcester 1. They walked off stage and my phone said 11:26. I don't see this going past 11:30. And they came out around the same time.
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394

And really, why not?!
    :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    ragejoe wrote:
    a 10 song first ENCORE hahaha thats more than half of a show for most bands these days! Unbelievable...

It's ridiculous. I'm not sure these are traditional encores. I swear they walk off the stage, huddle and ask if anyone needs to take a piss. If not they head right back out. They ROCK!