fuck you ebay

2»

Comments

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    wolfbear wrote:
    Nope, sniping services have always been that way. We've used one for years. :)
    I'm talking about the eBay one..
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    it is no different than, missing out on a poster from an artist's site in the last few seconds......

AKA 10C

clicking the buy button to get some stupid message about being temporally out of stock.... and going through that about 15 times like i did with the DC poster :(
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Oh yeah, its their fault........ *shaking head icon if we had one*

the fact that you can be outbid with thiry seconds less negates whatever notion of an auction there might be. whats the point of having it up for days at a time? why even have bidding until there's five minutes left in the action? if you go to an actual auction and someone makes a bid right before the auctioneer says "sold" then the bidding isn't just over..it's started over again.

i don't know why they don't do it. it would make more money for ebay and for the sellers.
  • hobbes wrote:
    the fact that you can be outbid with thiry seconds less negates whatever notion of an auction there might be. whats the point of having it up for days at a time? why even have bidding until there's five minutes left in the action? if you go to an actual auction and someone makes a bid right before the auctioneer says "sold" then the bidding isn't just over..it's started over again.

i don't know why they don't do it. it would make more money for ebay and for the sellers.
    yes as if inflations not already bad enough already... let find a way to make the sellers MORE money... :rolleyes:

ebay has made it pretty easy these days to bid at the very last second... if you go on your my ebay page you can have a box that says how many seconds are left... just keep refreshing it and then put in a bid at the very last second... i learned the hard way that leaving 5 seconds to spare is too much sometimes...

and to answer your question about why leave it up for days at a time? its to A) have their product noticed and B) allow people dumb enough to jack up the price to do so
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    just bid high
    youll win one eventually.
    i have gotten many of my rare gems off of the ebay.

so it works for alot of people also ,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    that is how the game goes

if you don;t snipe in some way you will get into some insane bidding war one upping each other. I did that for Benaroya and ended up shellng out 650, 2 weeks later it went for 425.

It is simple either bid your max off that bat, or get ready to hit submit with 20 sec or less with the same amout. It sucks yes, but it is as fair as you can make it as anyone can do it. You can go in and change your max bid with 20 sec left too

got to love the closet monkey to come up with something totally irrelevant
  • SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    what was it, fy i may ask?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
    hobbes wrote:

kinda like basket ball why play the first 3 quarter might has well only play the 4th
  • I don't get why people get mad about this. If you were willing to pay more, why didn't you do that in your original bid? That way if a sniper does bid at the last second, and outbids you it's okay, because you didn't want to pay over "X" amount. That's the whole purpose of e-bay. Get mad at yourself for not bidding correctly to begin with.
    "It's all happening"
  • hobbes wrote:

So how would you ever end the auction?
    "It's all happening"
  • just bid what you are willing to pay...

it's that easy.

every strategy used on eBay is a myth.

If there's 1 minute left on an auction you still enter what you are willing to pay right? and if someone else is willing to pay more you will lose by .50 right?

If 10 people are watching an auction and all are going to enter the same amount the auction will still go to the person who originally bid...that's why I always bid up front instead of waiting til the last minute. especially if there are more than one of what you are wanting being sold.
    the Minions
  • What ever happened to....going once...going twice....SOLD! Everybody would benefit. Sellers would get more and buyers win more. eBay and Paypal would get more in fees. I've never understood why they don't do it like a traditional auction.
  • crjb1978 wrote:
    What ever happened to....going once...going twice....SOLD! Everybody would benefit. Sellers would get more and buyers win more. eBay and Paypal would get more in fees. I've never understood why they don't do it like a traditional auction.

that's what they do basically. They have to put a time limit on it though, or it would go on forever.
    "It's all happening"
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    It happened to me a few times, and I was like you at first.

Now I'm an old pro ;)
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • crjb1978 wrote:
    What ever happened to....going once...going twice....SOLD! Everybody would benefit. Sellers would get more and buyers win more. eBay and Paypal would get more in fees. I've never understood why they don't do it like a traditional auction.

Actually the buyers would loose. How can buyers win more? If there is 100 auctions, there can only be 100 winning bidders. I've gotten plenty of things cheap because people forget to bid at the last second. If it kept going until people stopped bidding completely, I'd never get good deals. Sure if I had unlimited resources I'd always win auctions because I'd bid $10,000 on everything.

And why the hell would you want to give eBay and Paypal even more money? They only grossed 7 billion dollars last year, while raising their fees and offering less customer service.