Tom Petty BLEW away Pearl Jam

2»

Comments

• denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    gforce33 wrote:
    i really want to keep some of these threads and pull them out 15 years from now when Ed is 56 and PJ is doing their 30th anniv. tour and the fans of the opener on that show are doing the exact same bitching about PJ and how their fav band is getting shorted time.

LMAO!!! nice post...I thoguht Petty fucking rocked last night and I loved the production aspect as well...the extra lights and big screen tv's etc...why didnt they do this for PJ?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    denverfan wrote:
    LMAO!!! nice post...I thoguht Petty fucking rocked last night and I loved the production aspect as well...the extra lights and big screen tv's etc...why didnt they do this for PJ?

PJ just don't roll like that. :)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    Anyone who thought Pearl Jam would be hadlining over Tom Petty is an idiot. Plain and simple.
  • samvb5samvb5 Posts: 16
    gforce33 wrote:
    i really want to keep some of these threads and pull them out 15 years from now when Ed is 56 and PJ is doing their 30th anniv. tour and the fans of the opener on that show are doing the exact same bitching about PJ and how their fav band is getting shorted time.

I hear ya!!! That is what I was thinking the other day. Although I wasn't at the Denver show, I did see Petty in Columbus this summer. I am a casual fan, in which I was in the lawn w/the rest of the casual fans. I also gotta say..........being 27 now, I for one am not going to be moving as well in 20 years if PJ is still playing. I know some young people go to see Petty play, but I have some aunts and uncles who see them play, and there bodies aren't exactly young anymore!!!!!!!!!
  • IGotShit24IGotShit24 Posts: 68
    That's a ridiculous comment, I was at the shows in Milwaukee, and the crowd was obviously a little louder for Petty because EVERYONE knows petty's stuff, and he only plays the hits so everyone was singing along. Don't get me wrong, he still put on a hell of a show, but not like Pearl Jam. Plus during petty's set, i saw a lot of their fans sitting down, what the fuck is that about?
  • Tom Petty doesn't wear socks! I appose that.
    Atlanta 2000* Los Angeles 2000* Irvine x2 2003* Mexico x3 2003* Santa Barbara 2003* Gorge 2005* Vancouver 2005* Los Angeles Forum1.Forum2.FUCKING FONDA 2006!
  • worldworld Posts: 266
    Non of this matters, because sunday night Nine Inch Nails destroyed both Petty and PJ. Trent put more energy into that show then the Eddie put into all three shows I saw put together this tour.

It was my first NIN concert and I was blown away, I just joined "The Spiral" fanclub so I can get closer tickets next time.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Denver night 2, I thought Petty played better than PJ, and I left after 5 Petty songs.

Yo Tom, ZZ Top will be contacting you soon about that new song "Saving Grace" lol

Shortened PJ sets , bad fan club seats, and 400$ out of their fans pockets to share a bill with Petty.......
    Im taking a break from my favorite band.
  • pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    Anyone who saw Petty two nights in a row will realize that he puts on a fucking identical show that is equally boring both nights in a row. It's scripted and boring and incredibly lame. He acts in a way that seems to say "LOVE ME LOVE ME!!!" to the audience, he has planned dance moves and acts like he controls the lights and the band with his arms. It's embarrassing. It's barely a rock show. I've always liked Petty's music but he sucks live, no energy no nothing. Playing the same songs in the the same order with the same comments to the audience in between back to back nights in the same city is lazy and cowardly. Take a risk Tom, and stop stealing your new songs from Chris Issac. Did anyone else think that his first "new one" was going to be a cover of "baby did a bad bad thing"?
    I know I've posted about this before, but fuck it was frustrating
  • Amen

Petty is like a pro wrestler blowing kisses to the crowd.

And Pearl Jam was a warm up act Eddie said, wow, they might have just jumped the shark.

The identical set lists must have rubbed off on Pearl Jam from Petty and the Boys, Ive never seen that in back to back PJ shows.
  • i understand, but i still think it's cool as hell that they're playing together. You understood what it was when you bought tickets.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I'm sorry to say but Tom Petty is not a legend. Bob Dylan is a legend. Neil Young. The Stones.

But not Tom Petty.
    96 Hartford
    98 NJ, Hartford, NY 2
    00 Boston 1-2, Jones Beach 1-2-3
    03 B'ham, Philly, Uniondale, Boston 2, NY 1-2, Hershey
    04 Boston 2, Kissimmee
    05 Borgata 2, Philly
    06 SNL, Ed Sullivan, Hartford, NJ 2
    10 MSG 1-2
    11 Beacon 1-2 (Ed)
    12 Amsterdam 1-2, Berlin 1-2, Copenhagen
    12 Amsterdam 2 (Ed)
    14 Amsterdam 1,2 Vienna, Berlin
  • Tonton wrote:
    I'm sorry to say but Tom Petty is not a legend. Bob Dylan is a legend. Neil Young. The Stones.

But not Tom Petty.
    Tom is close...

he was one of the people who literally saved Bob Dylan from retiring after the horror that was the 1980s you know.

Tom's no Dylan, but he's deserving of some respect.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Tom is close...

he was one of the people who literally saved Bob Dylan from retiring after the horror that was the 1980s you know.

Tom's no Dylan, but he's deserving of some respect.

Yeah, some respect. He's got some good tunes. But legend is a little too much for me.
    96 Hartford
    98 NJ, Hartford, NY 2
    00 Boston 1-2, Jones Beach 1-2-3
    03 B'ham, Philly, Uniondale, Boston 2, NY 1-2, Hershey
    04 Boston 2, Kissimmee
    05 Borgata 2, Philly
    06 SNL, Ed Sullivan, Hartford, NJ 2
    10 MSG 1-2
    11 Beacon 1-2 (Ed)
    12 Amsterdam 1-2, Berlin 1-2, Copenhagen
    12 Amsterdam 2 (Ed)
    14 Amsterdam 1,2 Vienna, Berlin