Options

Please STOP POSTING "please play..." threads!

ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Seriously.

Get over yourselves.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,748
    It's getting to be too much now. Just be grateful to be at a show and hear the band at all.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    Amen brother
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    The next thread......"stop posting about stop posting 'please play.......threads' "

:lol:
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    I post rarely, but for this.... I agree! Not only is it inundating, but reeks of self indulgence. Go to the show, enjoy what is played, and share the enjoyment. Anybody who "knows" Ed, knows that this of all things would turn him off... not write it down on the setlist.....
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    stop+it+now+sherlock.gif
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Anybody who "knows" Ed, knows that this of all things would turn him off... not write it down on the setlist.....

Maybe that's what the goal is? Reverse psychology?
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    Of course this won't happen, because ed DID play a song because of internet babble.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    band plays request that see here.. ,yep...some people knows..
    thats all folks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    Totally agree. Those threads are really fucking annoying, and I think that if any member of the band saw any of those stupid threads, their first response would be "fuck off".
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    Okay, I won't post another one, but I will bump this one...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189594&start=960
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    to each their own i guess.... the way i look at it... if it helps a fellow 10c member with closure on a certain aspect of their life, good for them.

and like everyone else here, they pay $50 a year for posting rights and if within the guidelines, that's their right to do so...

but thats just me and my opinion now aint it...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    Agreed.

PS - Please open with WASH in Philly 1
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    ewokpelts wrote:
    Seriously.

Get over yourselves.

NO, I fucking love myself!
    Nami wrote:
    to each their own i guess.... the way i look at it... if it helps a fellow 10c member with closure on a certain aspect of their life, good for them.

and like everyone else here, they pay $50 a year for posting rights and if within the guidelines, that's their right to do so...

THIS
  • Options
    Nami wrote:

They're not breaking any rules.... it's just annoying. It clutters up the boards, and it's pointless. Eddie is not checking out these threads and basing his setlist on them. Kat or Sea probably bring very special requests to his attention, i.e. the please play Come Back at Wrigley thread, and there was nothing wrong with that thread because it had a real purpose and real meaning. Most of these threads are just "please play ______ in _______" for no better reason than the fact that OP and others going to the show really wants to hear it live. But besides those kinds of special threads, all these threads do is get in the way of and bump down threads that are actually useful or interesting.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Nami wrote:

They're not breaking any rules.... it's just annoying. It clutters up the boards, and it's pointless. Eddie is not checking out these threads and basing his setlist on them. Kat or Sea probably bring very special requests to his attention, i.e. the please play Come Back at Wrigley thread, and there was nothing wrong with that thread because it had a real purpose and real meaning. Most of these threads are just "please play ______ in _______" for no better reason than the fact that OP and others going to the show really wants to hear it live. But besides those kinds of special threads, all these threads do is get in the way of and bump down threads that are actually useful or interesting.

there is a lot of annoying stuff on here but i simply choose to move onto to the next topic/thread. If it makes a persons day why not let it be? There has to be some level of interest in the song request for the thread poster...why down play that for them? or why take away that bit of joy/excitement they may have in doing so?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Totally agree. Those threads are really fucking annoying, and I think that if any member of the band saw any of those stupid threads, their first response would be "fuck off".
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Nami wrote:

there is a lot of annoying stuff on here but i simply choose to move onto to the next topic/thread. If it makes a persons day why not let it be? There has to be some level of interest in the song request for the thread poster...why down play that for them? or why take away that bit of joy/excitement they may have in doing so?
    I'm not taking anything away. I'm just saying that I find those particular threads pointless and annoying and more useless than other types of threads. They make me feel the same as I do when people spam facebook groups.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I hope they play Oceans in Philly or Baltimore
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    ewokpelts wrote:
    Seriously.

Get over yourselves.

But how will they know what to put on the set list if these posts stop? :lol:

:corn:
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    Please limit posts to important and exciting topics, lol
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    Please limit posts to important and exciting topics, lol

Well, that would be rather boring.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I agree; it's gotten out of hand. You need to hear a song - play a boot on your own time. You don't need to have your own special version played especially for you.

If PJ feels obligated to play a request for one person, then they're going to feel obligated to fulfill everyone's request at some point. Don't be "that fan."
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Jesus Tremor Christ, isn't this like yelling at someone to be quiet?

Please fucking play "Getaway" at Hartford. This song needs to be unleashed.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i will support fans request,and i dont care if people have problem cos cant skip 10 threads in the whole forum..
    + i prefer people want to see a song live,ask for it,than read here all day complaing why the ups delay your cd for one day or cant find the tracking number,or your application at the mobile isnt working well, or asking if anyone from canada or europe receive the vault vinyl..
    so as some of us skip those threads and respect that you have the right to post them,please respect a fan want to see a song played live..
    and this band,..,yes playing request.that asked in this forum...and im talking from personal experience..twice...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,939
    Well Ed is clearly fed up with it. When asked recently how he creates set lists he joked about setting up a 1-800 request line to monetize all these request with the top 30 being what they play. He knows alot of this stuff is people wanting to tick songs off a list...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    This might be one of the best debates I've heard.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Stop telling others what they should do and what they shouldn't do... What about that?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Well... I must say I was able to play a small part in making this happen by simply requesting a song for one of my friend's son's birthday. And it was a cover song.

Wouldn't change a thing.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/238642/request-from-a-13yr-nevan-who-should-be-on-the-rail-tonight-tulsa-baba-for-the-birthday-boy#latest
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,447
    The band should set up a setlistrequest@pearljam.com email for people to make requests.

Send your email, request your song, and explain why you need to hear it. No need to post on the board unless you're just seeking attention.

Problem solved.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    No problem with anyone asking for a song to be played. Some people have a connection with certain songs and it would make their evening to hear it played. What on earth is wrong with that?

the band either throw it in or ignore it, im not sure how this would offend anyone here. Skip past the thread, and it need never bother you.

Seeing the elation of some fans hearing the songs they requested makes it all worthwhile, and given the amount of these requests that appear to have been honoured this last few years it would seem on the face of it that Ed enjoys the interaction, or is at least happy to partake.

Yeah im sure the band see these requests and think 'fuck off' im sure that's exactly what they think. Not at all that, look at this guy who appreciates this song I wrote. Im sure they hate the adulation here and the love of their work, that must be a right royal drag
This discussion has been closed.