Options

PJ people are the coolest people.

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    brianlux wrote:
    Pretty much no place on the internet I'd rather be. Now if we could all just meet somewhere for a REALLY big blow out of a party! :D

I vote for las vegas.. nowhere else says party quite like vegas... and besides... what happens in vegas.... ;)8-)

Sounds good but I was actually thinking your's or maybe gimme's place! :P
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    brianlux wrote:
    you guys can crash here. it's not a big place, but i can accomodate a few. maybe bring a sleeping bag and an air mattress or something. i know between me, brianlux, and jonnypistachio we can get a nice little acoustic jam session going. on second thought, i have enough amps and drums and microphones in the practice area downstairs that we can just plug in if we want to..

i have seen the hangover. and i know myself and i know my friends. if i go to vegas, that kind of thing is gonna happen to me....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    brianlux wrote:
    you guys can crash here. it's not a big place, but i can accomodate a few. maybe bring a sleeping bag and an air mattress or something. i know between me, brianlux, and jonnypistachio we can get a nice little acoustic jam session going. on second thought, i have enough amps and drums and microphones in the practice area downstairs that we can just plug in if we want to..

i have seen the hangover. and i know myself and i know my friends. if i go to vegas, that kind of thing is gonna happen to me....

I am not bringing a sleeping bag when I already have a bed. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:

Sounds like a great time! We'll start at your place, catch the red eye to Cate's and then meet the rest of the board in Vegas. We'll get Stone to cover the expenses 'cause he is super cool. :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Sounds like a great time! We'll start at your place, catch the red eye to Cate's and then meet the rest of the board in Vegas. We'll get Stone to cover the expenses 'cause he is super cool. :D
    my band's 10th anniversary show is november 30th...if anyone is gonna be near st louis they can come witness GB10... it is sure to be a life altering performance... :shock: :shock: :lol::lol: we can kick off the party that night and go from there :)

unfortunately i am gonna have to take a raincheck on australia...one day though... i live 5 min from the airport so i can drop you off there for the redeye.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    I am not bringing a sleeping bag when I already have a bed. :P
    :lol:

• Options
    brianlux wrote:

my band's 10th anniversary show is november 30th...if anyone is gonna be near st louis they can come witness GB10... it is sure to be a life altering performance... :shock: :shock: :lol::lol: we can kick off the party that night and go from there :)

unfortunately i am gonna have to take a raincheck on australia...one day though... i live 5 min from the airport so i can drop you off there for the redeye.

damn rod I got a wedding that night. but I guess I can suck it up.. ive already seen you play a couple of times. :mrgreen:

oh and VA2 from LAX to old sydney town leaves around half past 10pm. don't forget your passport brian.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:

damn rod I got a wedding that night. but I guess I can suck it up.. ive already seen you play a couple of times. :mrgreen:
    oh and VA2 from LAX to old sydney town leaves around half past 10pm. don't forget your passport brian.

Splendid! My nephew is getting married the same day. We'll have to set up monitors and get satellite connections and have GB10 play both weddings and the anniversary show! What do say, pal?

• Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I love PJ and all of us who do 8-)

If you dont mind, what does 'Shimmy' mean, please? Trembling?
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    of course we're the coolest people !!!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Yeah. Those guys in the band are pretty cool. :)
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I know a few. They are alright.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632

k
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

k

Present company excluded.

Cause he's awesome!
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    brianlux wrote:

Oooone day! this has got to happen. :mrgreen:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    I have met some really awesome PJ peeps! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

and also a few that have some real fucking issues. :fp:

i love the packers. :|
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    I don't think I have ever come across a buch of
    people/fans that are so accepting, caring and just overal nice.

I am proud to be a part of this community! :D
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited October 2013
    i've heard some pretty bizarre & nasty stories about folks at pj shows. just because someone may like pearl jam does not mean they are nice people. fact

(edit)...

or cool
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

Just call me out by name, why don't you.
  • Options
    don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    I never been to either. but I think Pearl Jam people are in the leagues with Hempfest and the Grateful Dead!
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365

Just call me out by name, why don't you.

Not you, Grasshopper. You are A-Okay, despite your love of shitty sports teams. :lol::lol:

I lost a bet...
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

Not you, Grasshopper. You are A-Okay, despite your love of shitty sports teams. :lol::lol:

66-96
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    chadwick wrote:
    i've heard some pretty bizarre & nasty stories about folks at pj shows. just because someone may like pearl jam does not mean they are nice people. fact

(edit)...

or cool

indeed.
    i've met awesome folks and plenty of real assholes. clearly all have good taste in music if they're pj fans :D but that's it. luckily, i've met far more cool and great people than assholes.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    chadwick wrote:

(edit)...

or cool

indeed.
    i've met awesome folks and plenty of real assholes. clearly all have good taste in music if they're pj fans :D but that's it. luckily, i've met far more cool and great people than assholes.

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm sure you are both right. I guess I've been lucky to have not been a PJ asshole magnet. Thus far I have only met (on the forum and in the flesh) only very good, very fine, very cool people.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

(edit)...

or cool

indeed.

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm sure you are both right. I guess I've been lucky to have not been a PJ asshole magnet. Thus far I have only met (on the forum and in the flesh) only very good, very fine, very cool people.

8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    brianlux wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

(edit)...

or cool

indeed.

well, i'd like to think i'm not an asshole magnet :shock: but i have met a LOT of pearl jam fans. a lot, a lot - here and in real life. so really, it's just a matter of time; meet enough folks, there's bound to be a few assholes in the bunch. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    well, i'd like to think i'm not an asshole magnet :shock:

well, you attracted me so.....

:P
  • Options

well, i'd like to think i'm not an asshole magnet :shock: but i have met a LOT of pearl jam fans. a lot, a lot - here and in real life. so really, it's just a matter of time; meet enough folks, there's bound to be a few assholes in the bunch. :lol:

Sorry- I didn't mean in to insinuate that anyone is an asshole magnet. Besides, assholes serve a useful purpose. It hemorrhoids I avoid. :lol:

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Speaking of asshole magnets, I was working on a science educational program on the human body and I came across some footage from the 70's of a guy whose sphincter stopped working because of some disease. Doctors reconstructed a sphincter from other muscles in his leg and essentially rebuilt his butt hole. The strange thing was that it was activated or opened and closed by a large magnet. So that's my story about asshole magnets. True story, Carry on...

I always wondered how the guy didnt poop himself when he walked past a refrigerator full of magnets..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Speaking of asshole magnets, I was working on a science educational program on the human body and I came across some footage from the 70's of a guy whose sphincter stopped working because of some disease. Doctors reconstructed a sphincter from other muscles in his leg and essentially rebuilt his butt hole. The strange thing was that it was activated or opened and closed by a large magnet. So that's my story about asshole magnets. True story, Carry on...

I always wondered how the guy didnt poop himself when he walked past a refrigerator full of magnets..

WilliamShatnerGeorgeLopez110510.jpg?itok=rqplyQXj