Options

Camden 6-19-08 Tailgate Thread

Comments

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,532
    chromiam wrote:
    Sounds about right.... I bet she was talking about lots across from the venue. I'm pretty sure the lots further away open earlier but the lots right outside then S Bank center open around 4 or so.

Not that we need to get there early, cause the seats are already determined....but if they open the 10C line at 2, where do we park to get our tickets?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Not that we need to get there early, cause the seats are already determined....but if they open the 10C line at 2, where do we park to get our tickets?

Parking Lot Map
    If you look at the map, Lot 1 and 2 are usually the ones that open later. All the other lots open somewhat earlier and you can pull up in front of the venue and pick up tickets at the box office without parking in a lot.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    dirty_mikedirty_mike Posts: 131
    bump

biatch!!
  • Options
    I'll be there.....Someone feed me liquor....
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    I'll be there.....Someone feed me liquor....

aren't you supposed to be cutting someone's lawn for liquior money... ;)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    MotorHeadMotorHead Posts: 50
    dirty_mike wrote:
    I know the show is on a Thursday, and that will put a damper on tailgating, but is anyone planning on taking the day off and having a kick ass tailgate party???

I am taking Thirsday and Friday off, Ill be driving up from Virginia, so i have nothing else to do but drink and get reaady to jam!!!

Hell yes both days! I know if we get in line and start blowing are horns they will let us in. They did in the past.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    aren't you supposed to be cutting someone's lawn for liquior money... ;)

Does it really matter? I'll be at camden and I'll be willing to let people give me drinks.....

I can't believe this thread fell to the 3rd page....The show is this week, people...
  • Options
    RPR77RPR77 Posts: 112
    This is going to be my first show, but I have over 240 bootlegs. My best friend is taking me. He has been a ten club member since 92. I got him the cd Ten for his birthday and he joined the club. He has been going to shows every year since then.
    6-19-08 Camden I 8-17-08 EV DC II 10-27-09 Philly Night I row 5 10-28-09 Philly Night II row 6 Dead center,10-30-09 Philly Night III section 202, 10-31-09 Philly Night IV section 310, 10-21-13 Philly I PIT, 10-22-13 Philly II PIT
    First song I heard live Hard to Imagine.
    Thank you Pearl Jam for playing Man of the Hour Philly 13 Night 1, I lost my Uncle that morning and it helped me, Cincy 10-01-14 PIT
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    so what time do they open the lots? like lot 4?

anyone?
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Anyone else hear about 5 Against 1 (PJ Tribute Band) playing near da green tent??
  • Options
    Me and my buddies are all taking the train in, thus difficult to tailgate....anyone tailgating with to grab an extra 5 guys worth of beer and allows us to join you? we will pay for the beer and perhaps some other compensation...lemme know
    10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/27/06 6/01/06
    8/5/07
    6/17/08 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    dirty_mike wrote:
    Anyone else hear about 5 Against 1 (PJ Tribute Band) playing near da green tent??

Yes...they are playing in the lot both days:)

(My husband is their guitar player.)

See you there!
    rocknrollgurl = *bee girl* @ www.myspace.com/pearljamgrrl

Everything you've imagined...needn't be stuck in your mind.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Greetings, Philly Pholk,

I won't be up this Thursday/Friday, but I'll be listening to Tweeter and with you in spirit. I hope TooMuchBlood shows up with a cooler of Natty like last time and that Chrom flies the YIELD flag high. That is still the best album by far, by the way.

Solat13 knows this, but I think this is a good time to let ya'll know that I am a married man! I got married 5/31 and everything is wonderfull (kind of like Faithfull). The honeymoon rocked, the greatest week ever.

Stay cool,

Fanch

ps - I'm listening to the new Dokken album, Lightning Strikes Again. It rocks, and any fan of guitar-driven hard rock should pick it up.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options

See you there!

NICE!!! I saw them in a bar in Philly (cant remeber the name). They rocked!!!

I went to the same school as the singer, hes a couple years older though. Cant's wait.

3 Days And Not Much Longer!!!
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

See you there!

What time are they starting if that's been determined yet ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    stupid work making this week unbearable... and its only monday at 1pm!! cant wait until thursday, i will be wearing my lucky undies looking for first row;)
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    stupid work making this week unbearable... and its only monday at 1pm!! cant wait until thursday, i will be wearing my lucky undies looking for first row;)

I hear ya, last week was bad, but this week is going by so slow. Not knowing if I got front row is killing me!!
  • Options
    mrluthor9mrluthor9 Posts: 264
    In 2006 we parked in lot 4 and began to break out the grill to start cooking. One of the parking lot security guys came over and said grilling was not allowed. Thank god we had some cold sandwiches. Not sure about the lots further away from the venue.
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives,.....choosing the shiny ones instead,......
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Greetings, Philly Pholk,

I won't be up this Thursday/Friday, but I'll be listening to Tweeter and with you in spirit. I hope TooMuchBlood shows up with a cooler of Natty like last time and that Chrom flies the YIELD flag high. That is still the best album by far, by the way.

Solat13 knows this, but I think this is a good time to let ya'll know that I am a married man! I got married 5/31 and everything is wonderfull (kind of like Faithfull). The honeymoon rocked, the greatest week ever.

Stay cool,

Fanch

ps - I'm listening to the new Dokken album, Lightning Strikes Again. It rocks, and any fan of guitar-driven hard rock should pick it up.

Ashame you can't make it out for the shows.. I guess married life has already changed you ;) The YIELD flag will be flying high and the beers will be ice cold. Congrats again.

mrl- never had any problems grilling in the lots at the center. And I've almost always parked in the lots 1 and 2.

Admin

• Options
    I'm still figuring out how I will be getting to the show.......Anybody coming from central jersey to Camden? That would be great.
  • Options
    I'm still figuring out how I will be getting to the show.......Anybody coming from central jersey to Camden? That would be great.

if u can take a bus/train to trenton from whereever u are...check nj transit....you can hop on the camden river line for pretty cheap right to the waterfront where the venue is
    10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/27/06 6/01/06
    8/5/07
  • Options
    mrluthor9 wrote:
    In 2006 we parked in lot 4 and began to break out the grill to start cooking. One of the parking lot security guys came over and said grilling was not allowed. Thank god we had some cold sandwiches. Not sure about the lots further away from the venue.

i don't remember which parking lot we were tailgating in 06 but we were grilling and no one had any problem with us grilling or drinking beers and we like 18 at the time
    10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/27/06 6/01/06
    8/5/07
  • Options
    i don't remember which parking lot we were tailgating in 06 but we were grilling and no one had any problem with us grilling or drinking beers and we like 18 at the time

Wow,... I really have to park in a different lot then. We were specifically told by security there was no grilling (fire)allowed which sucked.
    Anybody know where to park where you can grill?
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives,.....choosing the shiny ones instead,......
  • Options
    mrl- never had any problems grilling in the lots at the center. And I've almost always parked in the lots 1 and 2.[/quote]

Thanks... We usually get there around 4pm and those lots are usuallly full. Gonna get there a little earlier this year.
  • Options
    What time does the last train leave the venue friday?
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    What time does the last train leave the venue friday?

friday is a weekday but apparently they run later on the weekends...here is the schedule...i'd say read it for urself but it appears the last train leaves the entertainment area at 11:50 pm on mon-fri

http://www.riverline.com/T0343_0508.pdf
    10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/27/06 6/01/06
    8/5/07
  • Options
    I think I'm going to end up renting a car....

Is it easy to get to from the turnpike?
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    JaneNY wrote:
    When I went to Camden before I stayed in Philly, but for some logistical reasons related to my college-age daughter, I want to be closer to NYC and am considering staying in Trenton. Has anyone taken the Riverline from Trenton to Camden before and after the show? Does that work pretty well? (The last stop of the train looks like its right at the venue)
    Hey Jane. I thought someone would've answered you by the time I got to the end of this.
    Let me be the first! I've taken the Riverline from Burlington (just a few stops from Trenton) to the Tweeter twice. It's really convenient. The times heading South are nice and staggered, so it shouldn't be too full. The train will wait a while for all of us to board following the show, and it could end up really packed. People get off in clumps around the major stops, but it can be uncomfortable for a bit. I still think it's the easiest (and cheapest!!) way to get there. Because we have to pick someone up from the aiport on Thurs, we're not taking it that night, but we definitely are Friday night.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    I will hopefully stop by- gonna be cutting it close getting there. Can't wait to see everyone!
  • Options
    have we decided on a parking lot, is it the closest or cambell field one?
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...