Options

2013 Merch Pics POST HERE

Comments

• Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    BWT9fwxCIAAr4Jf.jpg
    BWT9WoyCcAAyc9u.jpg

how much is that throw blanket? any better pictures?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    how much is that throw blanket? any better pictures?

I think someone said it's a scarf. Not 100% sure though....
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    How much are the posters and t-shirts? Sorry if someone already posted this info...
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    no way...it's longer than the height of that guy (in comparison)

DMB usually has a throw blanket of their new albums - i bet they're designed/threaded by the same company
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    That Pitt specific shirt is sweet. Don't want one b/c I'm not there, but that's going to be hard to top. Poster very cool, too.

As for tubes - I don't get posters from every show I go to, but every other than PJ has the posters are already tubed at the show. It's so much easier to handle for the sellers. Why doesn't PJ do that? I'm sure others don't do that, but pretty much every show I've been to this year, it has been. The fact is they could probably charge $5 more and folks wouldn't even know and still buy them, and they'd actually make more than the $2 per tube they are selling now.

people would freak out about 'who rolled up the poster?' In Missoula, the girls running the merch table (students I assume) were NOT being careful about rolling up the posters, I had to tell the girl "I will roll up my poster, thanks"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,849
    Pittsburgh T-shirt, same print on the stickers.

Pittsburg_T796oi.jpg

Like the yellow shirt! 8-)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612

DMB usually has a throw blanket of their new albums - i bet they're designed/threaded by the same company
    I think it's a scarf too. Scarfs can be really long... But maybe you're right.

Do people really swathe themselves in PJ clothing? T-shirt, touque, scarf?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    That Pitt specific shirt is sweet. Don't want one b/c I'm not there, but that's going to be hard to top. Poster very cool, too.

As for tubes - I don't get posters from every show I go to, but every other than PJ has the posters are already tubed at the show. It's so much easier to handle for the sellers. Why doesn't PJ do that? I'm sure others don't do that, but pretty much every show I've been to this year, it has been. The fact is they could probably charge $5 more and folks wouldn't even know and still buy them, and they'd actually make more than the $2 per tube they are selling now.

people would freak out about 'who rolled up the poster?' In Missoula, the girls running the merch table (students I assume) were NOT being careful about rolling up the posters, I had to tell the girl "I will roll up my poster, thanks"

I think you misunderstood - they were clearly not tubed on location. They were clearly tubed at source of location, as in they were delivered to the place that way. How do I know?

1) They came in boxes that were clearly tubular (ha, ha, always wanted to say that).
    2) I asked.

So, yeah there's some "risk," but then how do you order on line? Yes, I don't want a sweaty I don't give a shit 22 year old rolling my poster. But, that's not what I said.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I want to buy a beer for the first person I see in the track suit, green Vans, and green PJ cap. Nothing wrong with letting your PJ Freak Flag fly.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    It's a scarf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I want to buy a beer for the first person I see in the track suit, green Vans, and green PJ cap. Nothing wrong with letting your PJ Freak Flag fly.
    I would like to see that too! .... Just someone in the tracksuit would be pretty spectacular. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    I would like to see that too! .... Just someone in the tracksuit would be pretty spectacular. :lol:

tumblr_mg3zcn32hq1qexeroo3_250.gif
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Anyone give more infos on the hoodies?
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:

tumblr_mg3zcn32hq1qexeroo3_250.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ....kudos!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Man I hope the buffalo poster is as cool as the Pitt poster. I'd like to put it it in my man cave but if it's hideous the wife will throw a fit. It that would kind of defeat the purpose of the man cave.
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    that poster is one of the best I have seen in a while!!!

the yellow shirt kicks ass, too!!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    toungblood wrote:
    Man I hope the buffalo poster is as cool as the Pitt poster. I'd like to put it it in my man cave but if it's hideous the wife will throw a fit. It that would kind of defeat the purpose of the man cave.

Man cave should be man decision. Hence the name. What you have is a wife cave. :lol::lol::lol:
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Stunning poster
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think you misunderstood - they were clearly not tubed on location. They were clearly tubed at source of location, as in they were delivered to the place that way. How do I know?

1) They came in boxes that were clearly tubular (ha, ha, always wanted to say that).
    2) I asked.

So, yeah there's some "risk," but then how do you order on line? Yes, I don't want a sweaty I don't give a shit 22 year old rolling my poster. But, that's not what I said.

I understood your question to be "why aren't posters pre-tubed for sale" So I answered as I understood it.

Posters come from the screen printers flat in a box. If someone were to pre-roll the posters into the tubes for sale, that would take up a LOT of space-space they probably don't have to tote all over the country on tour. (of course unless the posters are printed at a facility close to the venue)

So, if people wanted to purchase pre-rolled posters, then someone at the merch booth would have to roll the posters on-site. Then you would be stuck with someone who probably doesn't give a shit about keeping the posters in 'pristine' shape.

Regardless, I doubt they have the time to do a menial task like that. How many posters would they have to roll each night? What happens to all the unsold pre-tubed posters? Again, the unsold pre-tubed posters would take up a lot of room. If they were to untube and unroll the posters, then there is more of a chance the poster would be torn, bent, wrinkled or damaged in some way.

oh, and if there were pre-rolled posters, you'd get the people who would un-roll the poster to look at it, make sure it was okay or not, and if it wasn't then they would demand another pre-tubed poster-and that would hold up the line even more. :geek:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I NEED A BEANIE!!!

please help.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I'll take some stickers. I have some to trade.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

2) I asked.

I understood your question to be "why aren't posters pre-tubed for sale" So I answered as I understood it.

Posters come from the screen printers flat in a box. If someone were to pre-roll the posters into the tubes for sale, that would take up a LOT of space-space they probably don't have to tote all over the country on tour. (of course unless the posters are printed at a facility close to the venue)

So, if people wanted to purchase pre-rolled posters, then someone at the merch booth would have to roll the posters on-site. Then you would be stuck with someone who probably doesn't give a shit about keeping the posters in 'pristine' shape.

Regardless, I doubt they have the time to do a menial task like that. How many posters would they have to roll each night? What happens to all the unsold pre-tubed posters? Again, the unsold pre-tubed posters would take up a lot of room. If they were to untube and unroll the posters, then there is more of a chance the poster would be torn, bent, wrinkled or damaged in some way.

oh, and if there were pre-rolled posters, you'd get the people who would un-roll the poster to look at it, make sure it was okay or not, and if it wasn't then they would demand another pre-tubed poster-and that would hold up the line even more. :geek:

Of course you'd have those folks. They're all around us. But, most would grab the tube from the person and move on. I will tell you having seen it done at bigger concerts than PJ is putting on - it does not take up a lot of space. They stack the boxes. If you've ever seen a bunch of tubes in a box - they fit rather nicely in groups, you remove the top section of the box, and it "serves" up very nicely. Then, you un-stack the next box/bring in more inventory. Sure, it's a bit more space than a pile of paper hanging off a folding table. But, it's not like it would take up tons of room - and aren't the bringing tubes to sell anyway? Where are those?

And, yes - pre-tubing them at the source takes some time - it's called customer service. Sure, they don't NEED to do it. Especially with us freaks. But, it's the same artists I've seen at other locales, and it's done. So, it's just curious it isn't done here. Maybe, it's timing of when the posters are printed. Maybe, as you mentioned, there are more anal PJ fans than other fans (ummm. Yeah. That sounds bad. Please - keep it to yourself). I have no idea. But, like I've said - I've seen it done, and it works quite well for both the workers and the consumers.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Would anyone be willing to grab me three stickers ?

Be very very much appreciated and can help out I'm return at 17 other shows at your choosing
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    What time did merch people start lining up?

We got in line about 11:30 and there was about 20 people already in line. Started pouring rain about 12:15, booth opened about 12:40 and took us maybe 10 minutes to get our stuff. They said they weren't selling stickers or those Ron English things, even though they were right there. :evil: Wanted a sticker, hopefully can get one inside...

Only 2 more hours! Woo Hoo!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    JhareJhare Poza Rica Veracruz MÉXICO Posts: 802
    I NEED A BEANIE!!!

please help.

Please can you describe it?..
  • Options
    BWT9niCCYAEtbOR.jpg

it's the beanie (it's called a toque, dammit!) in this pic.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    JhareJhare Poza Rica Veracruz MÉXICO Posts: 802
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    iamloco724 wrote:
    any hats?

Just the beanie.

How the beanie looks?..
  • Options
    PA-RVMPA-RVM Posts: 158
    How is the line now? After the Wrigley debacle, I don't want to waste the afternoon to find out the poster is sold out.
    If its sold out 10c will have 5000 copies;)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,954
    sick poster! will be tough to top this one on the tour.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PA-RVMPA-RVM Posts: 158
    Kearn5y wrote:
    Poster is on ebay already starting price of $185
    They will never get that price. Hell these aren't as limited as they once were.ahh I remember the good ole 2000 binaural tour. Anyone remember the Philly 2000 show poster debaticle?