Options

Constitution Hall Vinyl?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    choop wrote:
    i can believe 3000, vinyl is on the upswing but this was (mostly) a 10C exclusive and a bit on the steep side price wise for someone who isn't either a collector or a vinyl enthusiast.

i just hope that 3000 is a good number for them to have made a nice profit for it to be worth the hassle so we can get future releases of a similar nature.

$50 for a 3x LP set is pretty standard and the packaging makes this a pretty sweet deal.
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    DewieCox wrote:
    choop wrote:
    i can believe 3000, vinyl is on the upswing but this was (mostly) a 10C exclusive and a bit on the steep side price wise for someone who isn't either a collector or a vinyl enthusiast.

i just hope that 3000 is a good number for them to have made a nice profit for it to be worth the hassle so we can get future releases of a similar nature.

$50 for a 3x LP set is pretty standard and the packaging makes this a pretty sweet deal.

100% agree
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    oh i thought it was $75. regardless, i hope we get more live shows on vinyl.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    DischordVisions' s post above is right. I was there at the same time @ Easy Street and he (Tim) told us 3000 copies plus a few additional. It was pretty cool getting some insight on the inner workings of the 10c.

Receiving inner working timbits is pretty sweet. Was anyone though able to get some info from Tim @ Easy Street about the PJ Baseball Cards that night as well? :angel:
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    What was so good about the packaging? Any pics?

Actually...better off if I don't know :lol:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    It's a nice heavy duty binded book like sleeve with printed lining, and the printed sleeves are the "pages of the book" if you will. It's a little oversized in length to account for the binding portion of the sleeve. And the front and back cover are very heavy duty.

It's probably the nicest 3LP set I have. I'm really happy with this over a slipcase or a sleeve like PJ20, which I was expecting.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    I'm very surprised there were only 3000 made. I was thinking it would be at least twice that. Maybe even triple. Probably limiting it mainly to 10c members is what kept that number lower.
  • Options
    I think I waited about 4 seconds upon arrival before I ripped open the box to spin this amazing set of vinyl! It sounded awesome!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Spags wrote:
    What was so good about the packaging? Any pics?

Actually...better off if I don't know :lol:
    c591d640-1955-4a26-a977-5dc00e85ef94_zps995e2dfc.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    choop wrote:

Yes, and I also hope they backtrack. I would REALLY love to have Vault #2 on vinyl!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    Spin away with no regrets.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I I don't know about not opening your copy, unless you have an extra one. Then again, I understand it, being that there's only 3 thou of them. Me, I had to open and use mine. It's a beaut.
    It's a real struggle for me, and I haven't even received mine yet. As I said, I have NEVER not played a record. That is what I buy them for. That's what I bought THIS one for.... but seeing how fast the price went up, and knowing it will only go higher, and now realizing that it could go towards a Benny in a couple of years maybe... just has me thinking. It will/would be VERY difficult to not play it though, and I have poor will power. :lol:
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    deftones wrote:
    ewokpelts wrote:
    I wonder how many got a spare copy... flippers gonna flip...
    not many, judging by these rumours of 2-3k pressing.

and, is it flipping when EVERYONE had a chance to order one?
    There was plenty of time for everyone to order it but for me is always flipping when selling already 5 times the original price. Yesterday I saw at least 5 of them on eBay for 250$...

I saw the same listings on the bay, however, it's a fair question, on the other hand, many people didn't order it, so at it is out of print and the rumours are 2-3k pressed copies, I won't get phylosophical about it, so to me, yes, it's flipping...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    I spoke w/ Tim Bierman (head of 10Club) last month @ Easy Street asking why the Vault #3 vinyl was delayed.
    He said they pressed only 3,000 + they usually keep extras for the archives.
    So we're looking at essentially another Benaroya Hall (2,000 numbered) w/ roughly only 1,000 more made...

Only 3 thousand something pressed? That can't be right. :shock:

I find it difficult to believe the rumour of 2-3 k pressed copies, but finding it hard to believe doesn't mean that the rumours are true or not. Taking into account the eager to get a Benny, a white Backspacer or a PJ20 vinyl, the fact that pre order lasted 20 days, it's hard to believe that so many people order at least one. And since many have arrived already and nobody said a thing about being numbered we'll never know how many were pressed in fact.

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    I spoke w/ Tim Bierman (head of 10Club) last month @ Easy Street asking why the Vault #3 vinyl was delayed.
    He said they pressed only 3,000 + they usually keep extras for the archives.
    So we're looking at essentially another Benaroya Hall (2,000 numbered) w/ roughly only 1,000 more made...

Only 3 thousand something pressed? That can't be right. :shock:

I find it difficult to believe the rumour of 2-3 k pressed copies, but finding it hard to believe doesn't mean that the rumours are true or not. Taking into account the eager to get a Benny, a white Backspacer or a PJ20 vinyl, the fact that pre order lasted 20 days, it's hard to believe that so many people order at least one. And since many have arrived already and nobody said a thing about being numbered we'll never know how many were pressed in fact.
    I find it hard to believe too, but two people now have confirmed that Tim said that's how many were pressed plus some overstock, so I guess that's good enough for me....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Predaking wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Ditto! I have learned my lesson - I ordered 2 Lightning Bolts. I will never again only order 1 PJ vinyl if I can help it. :lol:
    Do you have two Backspacers? ;)
    Hell no. The only reason I own one is because I don't want a hole in my PJ collection. :lol:
    And Backspacer is still in the shop for $20. :lol:

wow, wait a minite, what's wrong with Backspacer? I have 3 vinyl copies, 2 blacks, 1 white, plus the 10C CD version and the European Union CD version...

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Predaking wrote:
    Do you have two Backspacers? ;)
    Hell no. The only reason I own one is because I don't want a hole in my PJ collection. :lol:
    And Backspacer is still in the shop for $20. :lol:

wow, wait a minite, what's wrong with Backspacer? I have 3 vinyl copies, 2 blacks, 1 white, plus the 10C CD version and the European Union CD version...
    That's cool! .... if you love Backspacer. I personally can't stand it, I think it's pretty much terrible by PJ standards. ;)
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Spags wrote:
    ewokpelts wrote:
    It was made to order, with a small window of additional sales after the cutoff. Not sure why People didn't order it then.

Been asking myself the same thing.
    I dunno - hindsight is 20/20. And I guess some people couldn't afford it at the time? And some just never checked their email or the website during that time... there could be all kinds of reasons. BTW, I never saw that additional sales window at all, and neither did anyone else I know of. Did you??? I'm under the impression that it never actually happened.
    $50 for a triple vinyl live record is actually pretty cheap.
  • Options
    ewokpelts wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Spags wrote:

Been asking myself the same thing.
    I dunno - hindsight is 20/20. And I guess some people couldn't afford it at the time? And some just never checked their email or the website during that time... there could be all kinds of reasons. BTW, I never saw that additional sales window at all, and neither did anyone else I know of. Did you??? I'm under the impression that it never actually happened.
    $50 for a triple vinyl live record is actually pretty cheap.
    Yeah it is... unfortunately, some people can't spare that amount sometimes, so I figure at least some folks missed out because of that (and now regret it I'm sure!). Plus I think the sale was close to the time of the Wrigley show, which made some bristle at the thought of spending yet more money at the time.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I take pretty good care of all my music, and I wanna take extra care of this deal. I'm wondering if it fits in the sleeves that are meant for double-vinyl, etc. Anyone know, or how are you gonna keep yours, etc. etc.?
    Makes me ask: What kind of wrapping does it come in? Mad Season's Above, for example, came in an outer sleeve that you can use after opening. Is Vault #3 wrapped in cello, or did it come in something more sturdy?

It actually was packaged in a large box, good bubble wrap, a heavy sealed white plastic bag, then loose fitting cellophane. I opened my copy, the vinyl fits nicely in the heavy bound sleeve/jacket, and I am shelving mine in the original white shipping bag to protect the flat black bootleg style jacket.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Received it today. Toronto.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    Thanks for the pics and the descriptions you guys...I can live without it. :D:) :( :cry:
    Nature drunk and High