Options

Constitution Hall Vinyl?

brianwilsonbrianwilson Posts: 406
edited October 2013 in The Porch
First off, I'm listenin for the 1st time right now and it sounds great, plus the cool packaging answersthe question I had on the 50 buck cost.

I see it's already goin for a couple hundred on ebay. Anyone know how many were produced?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,804
    First off, I'm listenin for the 1st time right now and it sounds great, plus the cool packaging answersthe question I had on the 50 buck cost.

I see it's already goin for a couple hundred on ebay. Anyone know how many were produced?

Only Santos know's. Hopefully he'll answer with 1 - 100, 000 were made. Just to flip the flippers out. :P
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    I spoke w/ Tim Bierman (head of 10Club) last month @ Easy Street asking why the Vault #3 vinyl was delayed.
    He said they pressed only 3,000 + they usually keep extras for the archives.
    So we're looking at essentially another Benaroya Hall (2,000 numbered) w/ roughly only 1,000 more made...

It's already going for hundreds of $$ on ebay which is why I'm reluctant to open mine :D
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    It was made to order, with a small window of additional sales after the cutoff. Not sure why People didn't order it then.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    ewokpelts wrote:
    It was made to order, with a small window of additional sales after the cutoff. Not sure why People didn't order it then.

It wasn't even that small of a window was it? I think it was nearly a month and they never capped it. IE we have no idea how many people want one so we'll leave orders open for a month and make as many as we need". Then that still wasn't enough.. lol.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    ewokpelts wrote:

It wasn't even that small of a window was it? I think it was nearly a month and they never capped it. IE we have no idea how many people want one so we'll leave orders open for a month and make as many as we need". Then that still wasn't enough.. lol.
    It wasn't capped, but I had to order one at a time. Which sucked because i paid shipping twice.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,841

It's already going for hundreds of $$ on ebay which is why I'm reluctant to open mine :D

Not opened mine either - will have it buried with me in my tomb.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I wonder how many got a spare copy... flippers gonna flip...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    not many, judging by these rumours of 2-3k pressing.

and, is it flipping when EVERYONE had a chance to order one?
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    ewokpelts wrote:
    not many, judging by these rumours of 2-3k pressing.

and, is it flipping when EVERYONE had a chance to order one?
    There was plenty of time for everyone to order it but for me is always flipping when selling already 5 times the original price. Yesterday I saw at least 5 of them on eBay for 250$...
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I already opened mine to end any un-pure thoughts that may arise.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited October 2013
    I spoke w/ Tim Bierman (head of 10Club) last month @ Easy Street asking why the Vault #3 vinyl was delayed.
    So we're looking at essentially another Benaroya Hall (2,000 numbered) w/ roughly only 1,000 more made...

Wow, I would have thought it would be more than 3,000. I can't believe that only 3,000 10C members wanted this thing... I mean, I'm finding it so hard to believe I'm wondering if Tim was lying or mistaken. :lol:

I have never NOT opened and played a record before.... I do admit that I'm considering it (and just kicking myself for not realizing I could order two!). I don't want to flip it now, but I'm tempted to leave it sealed so that I have something to barter with somewhere down the road. I would actually prefer to own Benny Hall, so if leaving this thing sealed might get me closer to that goal of owning a Benny, it's hard to resist that prospect.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    It never occurred to me to put in separate orders to order a few spares. I thought the limit was 1. If I had put some thought into it I probably would of ordered a few extras for trading purposes.

I really don't have any duplicates in my somewhat large PJ collection, so I'm always lacking things to trade :)
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    It never occurred to me to put in separate orders to order a few spares. I thought the limit was 1. If I had put some thought into it I probably would of ordered a few extras for trading purposes.

I really don't have any duplicates in my somewhat large PJ collection, so I'm always lacking things to trade :)
    Ditto! I have learned my lesson - I ordered 2 Lightning Bolts. I will never again only order 1 PJ vinyl if I can help it. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,804

Only 3 thousand something pressed? That can't be right. :shock:
  • Options
    Yeah, I I don't know about not opening your copy, unless you have an extra one. Then again, I understand it, being that there's only 3 thou of them. Me, I had to open and use mine. It's a beaut.
  • Options
    Yeah, I I don't know about not opening your copy, unless you have an extra one. Then again, I understand it, being that there's only 3 thou of them. Me, I had to open and use mine. It's a beaut.
    It's a real struggle for me, and I haven't even received mine yet. As I said, I have NEVER not played a record. That is what I buy them for. That's what I bought THIS one for.... but seeing how fast the price went up, and knowing it will only go higher, and now realizing that it could go towards a Benny in a couple of years maybe... just has me thinking. It will/would be VERY difficult to not play it though, and I have poor will power. :lol:
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's a real struggle for me, and I haven't even received mine yet. As I said, I have NEVER not played a record. That is what I buy them for. That's what I bought THIS one for.... but seeing how fast the price went up, and knowing it will only go higher, and now realizing that it could go towards a Benny in a couple of years maybe... just has me thinking. It will/would be VERY difficult to not play it though, and I have poor will power. :lol:

:corn:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,928
    ewokpelts wrote:

Been asking myself the same thing.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    ewokpelts wrote:

I dunno - hindsight is 20/20. And I guess some people couldn't afford it at the time? And some just never checked their email or the website during that time... there could be all kinds of reasons. BTW, I never saw that additional sales window at all, and neither did anyone else I know of. Did you??? I'm under the impression that it never actually happened.
  • Options
    I take pretty good care of all my music, and I wanna take extra care of this deal. I'm wondering if it fits in the sleeves that are meant for double-vinyl, etc. Anyone know, or how are you gonna keep yours, etc. etc.?
  • Options
    I take pretty good care of all my music, and I wanna take extra care of this deal. I'm wondering if it fits in the sleeves that are meant for double-vinyl, etc. Anyone know, or how are you gonna keep yours, etc. etc.?
    Makes me ask: What kind of wrapping does it come in? Mad Season's Above, for example, came in an outer sleeve that you can use after opening. Is Vault #3 wrapped in cello, or did it come in something more sturdy?
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    cellophane
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    cellophane
    Poop.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,928
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Spags wrote:
    ewokpelts wrote:

I dunno - hindsight is 20/20. And I guess some people couldn't afford it at the time? And some just never checked their email or the website during that time... there could be all kinds of reasons. BTW, I never saw that additional sales window at all, and neither did anyone else I know of. Did you??? I'm under the impression that it never actually happened.

I slept on it first time around...money reasons I think was what I told myself at the time. :fp:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Spags wrote:

I slept on it first time around...money reasons I think was what I told myself at the time. :fp:
    Oh, ouch. You didn't get one?
    I have actually resolved to ALWAYS buy PJ or related vinyl no matter what it is (excluding anything by Brad).... because spending the money is better than living with unexpected regret. :lol:
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Spags wrote:
    ewokpelts wrote:

The presale was open to non 10c the last day or 2. The wording was kinda tricky, and I originally thought it meant they would take care of any issues, maybe set some aside for future charity sales, then sell the few leftovers. Santos has since said that's not the case.
  • Options
    PredakingPredaking Posts: 267
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Zod wrote:

Ditto! I have learned my lesson - I ordered 2 Lightning Bolts. I will never again only order 1 PJ vinyl if I can help it. :lol:

Do you have two Backspacers? ;)
  • Options
    Predaking wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Zod wrote:

Do you have two Backspacers? ;)
    Hell no. The only reason I own one is because I don't want a hole in my PJ collection. :lol:

And Backspacer is still in the shop for $20. :lol:
  • Options
    uwhusky1998uwhusky1998 Seattle Area Posts: 52
    DischordVisions' s post above is right. I was there at the same time @ Easy Street and he (Tim) told us 3000 copies plus a few additional. It was pretty cool getting some insight on the inner workings of the 10c.
    Pearl Jam - 9/16/96, 7/18/98, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 10/10/98, 11/5/00, 11/6/00, 10/22/01, 12/6/02, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 6/7/03, 10/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/9/09, 11/29/13, 12/6/13, 5/01/16, 5/02/16
    Eddie Vedder - 7/15/11, 7/16/11, 9/9/17
    Flight To Mars - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i can believe 3000, vinyl is on the upswing but this was (mostly) a 10C exclusive and a bit on the steep side price wise for someone who isn't either a collector or a vinyl enthusiast.

i just hope that 3000 is a good number for them to have made a nice profit for it to be worth the hassle so we can get future releases of a similar nature.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.