Options

Swallowed Whole

13»

Comments

• Options

A great song. An amazing song. A great fucking amazing song. A fucking amazingly great song.

This ^^^

And I still think that Infallible is the most unlistenable (if that's a word) song PJ has ever recorded.
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    I was lucky to catch them play this live in Worcester last year (for my first PJ concert). This was only their second time playing it live. I caught a few songs on my camera and this was one of them. Check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo3eOOJj5XI
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited May 2014
    ^^^ Good video!

Swallowed Whole sounds kind of weird live, doesn't it? Or is it just me? Seems incredibly off key, right?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TheLuckyOnesTheLuckyOnes Posts: 472
    good vid. Best version of SW i've heard from the tour. I think this one will get better after a few more performances….Wait 'til Mike can play this solo in his sleep….It'll be great!

cheers
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Thanks guys! I was so happy to catch PJ live for the first time and a few vids to help me remember...been a fan for a long time! There were so many great moments at that Worcester show (hard to pick a favorite- but, Release, Corduroy and Indifference were amazing)...nice to be able to listen to the full boot any time. I especially liked hearing Eddie talk about the Red Sox and some of their experiences in Boston during the concert. Cool stuff!
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I love this song and what (or, I should say who) does it for me is Jeff. That bass line just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Actually, he just kills throughout the entire album.
  • Options
    edibervanedibervan Posts: 243
    PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

I think Swallowed Whole might be the worst song on the record. It's also a momentum killer live.

Lightning Bolt, however, is amazing live. Probably the most fun I had at every show last year.

You think Swallowed Whole is worse that Future Days? image
    Hahah, will you hate me if I say "close call?"
    Lol, no. But that's crazy! ;)
    Absolutely no "hate" here, but... it did feel very weird to read this! lol! =D
    just because you breathe it doesn't mean you're alive...
  • Options
    edibervanedibervan Posts: 243
    I loved this song from the moment I've heard the album in its entirety the first time. It showed up immediately among the others.
    But since English is not my native language, it was only when I read the full lyrics that I understood: this is not only a song to "love". All things considered, I still take the message and the saying on a song, the poetry towards subjects I like to relate to, as the most attractive thing in the art style we call music.
    That said, I think now you can understand why I would include Swallowed Whole in a short list of potential "best song ever" award in my heart's and brain's own academy!
    Definetly the kind of music I wish Pearl Jam was ALL about!
    just because you breathe it doesn't mean you're alive...