Options

How much does the Freak promo usually go for?

Dr Emmett BrownDr Emmett Brown Posts: 600
edited October 2013 in Lost Dogs
I haven't seen one of these for sale for a number of years now, does anyone have any idea of how much they usually change hands for when they come up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    It has jumped around a lot

in the good old days $400-500 was not uncommon,

nowadays I would think you can snag it for $250-300

there is one grossly overpriced on a UK collectors site right now that is frankly ridiculous
  • Options
    Excellent - that fits in with what my man in Japan is offering it for then.

What site was that? The usual expensive UK site doesn't have one in stock
  • Options
    Excellent - that fits in with what my man in Japan is offering it for then.

What site was that? The usual expensive UK site doesn't have one in stock

it was EIL
  • Options
    Hmmm, that's where I checked - nothing there for me
  • Options

it was there for £500 last week :shock:
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    EIL now only has the reg Japanese promo of Vitalogy, the one with the OBI- Line... No Freak :(
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

:o
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    pdalowsky wrote:

:o

If that sold, you could potentially buy a copy, sell it for that much on EIL, then buy it again somewhere else and have money left over. :lol:
  • Options
    Ha! Although I haven't seen one in years (and had been kicking myself at turning down the last one), so I'd sell it and then never find another one!
  • Options
    this was an email from sept 23rd: -

PEARL JAM Freak (Ultra rare 1994 Japanese promotional-only 2-CD set, issued as part of the campaign to promote the release of the then new album Vitalogy. Includes a 17-track sampler disc featuring a unique compilation of material taken from the back catalogue, and a 2-track CD featuring Spin The Black Circle and Better Man. Housed in a unique Vitalogy style deluxe custom digipak picture sleeve with integral 18-page discography information booklet inside with all text in Japanese. 495.00 UKP
  • Options
    Wow! I stopped subscribing to their emails when my collection became pretty much complete, but I did get a few things from them that were a good price once upon a time. Riot Act sealed vinyl for £75 and Ten Basketball vinyl for £69.99 stand out
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I seem to remember this thing going for under $100 USD some years ago.
  • Options
    Can happen with promos though - I've acquired numerous Foo Fighters ones at release time for no, or very little, outlay - and some of them later go for heaps of money because they don't get sold so much.