Help me help a friend..

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I have a friend that really needs another show! She was able to get to Wrigley, but she just really NEEDS another show! I want to help her get to it! She hasn't decided which other she wants to go to yet. But I will keep you posted! I have 50$ to the cause.. Anyone else willing to help me help her??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ok.. I have her picking a show right now! Let you all know! Please help me out with this!! I'd really like to get to see this happen for her! She could really use our help! Thanks in advance!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Are you asking for donations so a friend can go to a concert?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    Are you asking for donations so a friend can go to a concert?
    yep
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • We do this shit for each other all the time..and it doesn't have to necessarily be money, an extra ticket you're willing to sell at a decent price, airline miles to donate.. Anything..
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I haven't been to a show in 10 years, somebody buy me a ticket too.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    not certain just how to describe this level of crazy low-down greediness :wtf:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • prism wrote:
    How is trying to help someone out to give them some happiness greedy?
  • Thank you to those of you who have already edged your help!! I am keeping a list of everyone that helps this girl out! She's gone through alot this year and this is hopefully give her some new hope that not ALL people are shitbags! Thank you again all so much!!
  • You guys are all so awesome!! We have a ought arrangement for Phoenix!! Anyone know of anyone sellinga set if Pheonix tix, here?? If so ease let me know, so we can get them for ma lady! Thanks again! You all rock!!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    prism wrote:

You just did ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    prism wrote:
    How is trying to help someone out to give them some happiness greedy?

:roll:

I can't believe this requires explanation. you're asking others for charity so 'your friend' can attend a concert? are you really that out of touch with reality? please look up the definition of NEED. ever heard of using perspective?

a hungry and or homeless person needs food, so donating to a food bank fulfills the need. or a family needing to get their child to St Jude's in order to get life-saving cancer treatment could use someone donated extra frequent flyer miles. people tend to give money to help those in real need. you might start at the activism section for some more clues on charities that help those in actual need

is 'your friend' going to suffer or die because they can't get donations to travel to see a rock concert? NO. and you said 'your friend' has already been to one show this summer. :twisted:

there's many ppl that'd love to go to a show this tour that for some reason can't afford to. do you see them on here begging for money? NO. they suck it up and accept the disappointment. no one that's sane and has a logical understanding of priorities would be so greedy they'd ask for donations to go to a concert.

:fp:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    This is new.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    LloydXmas wrote:
    This is new.

true fact
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Post deleted by Admin. Please see the Posting Guidelines
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    prism wrote:
    I can't believe this requires explanation. you're asking others for charity so 'your friend' can attend a concert? are you really that out of touch with reality? please look up the definition of NEED. ever heard of using perspective?

a hungry and or homeless person needs food, so donating to a food bank fulfills the need. or a family needing to get their child to St Jude's in order to get life-saving cancer treatment could use someone donated extra frequent flyer miles. people tend to give money to help those in real need. you might start at the activism section for some more clues on charities that help those in actual need

is 'your friend' going to suffer or die because they can't get donations to travel to see a rock concert? NO. and you said 'your friend' has already been to one show this summer. :twisted:

there's many ppl that'd love to go to a show this tour that for some reason can't afford to. do you see them on here begging for money? NO. they suck it up and accept the disappointment. no one that's sane and has a logical understanding of priorities would be so greedy they'd ask for donations to go to a concert.

:fp: [/color]
    Helping a friend can be awesome - but if fifty bucks are already in the coffer (as I think I read earlier?), how much more is needed for a ticket that this friend can generate herself? Maybe a few recyclables, setting aside a couple bucks a week, some other small sacrifice to make up the difference?

I'm sorry as I don't know the level of douchery your friend experienced (I will say though, that I'd bet the majority of us have dealt with some form of it at some point and have surfaced even stronger...but that's neither here nor there).

Pris, I watched a humbling segment this morning about Ronald McDonald House. As the daughter of a man who worked close to 30 years for the City of Hope, these are most definitely worthy causes :)
  • I know there are just as many good people as assholes on here! I have had people come through for me on my own behalf before.. So I know it can be done!! To those who are helping thanks, those those cold callous assholes that are telling me I'm greedy for trying to make someone's day brighter by helping them do something fun and nice instead of stress, you can all get off!
  • Believe me she doing her part.. Now it's just a matter of finding someone willing to sell tix at face value.. Everything else has been covered.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Sorry if I missed something here...what is everything else? Does she need to buy (have money for) a ticket only, and/or travel, hotel, transportation, meals, etc. as well?

I'm not being an asshole, by the way. Just like to know what's what ;)
  • We are out of TP at the house , help me out too? I had a great experience with TP once and I need more...
  • We are out of TP at the house , help me out too? I had a great experience with TP once and I need more...

:lol:

http://youtu.be/ZL-FDxT1rGA
  • hedonist wrote:
    Sorry if I missed something here...what is everything else? Does she need to buy (have money for) a ticket only, and/or travel, hotel, transportation, meals, etc. as well?

I'm not being an asshole, by the way. Just like to know what's what ;)
    She has a place to stay, a friend of hers has airline travel covered, we here covered babysitting costs.. Now she just needs a set if tix at face value for Phoenix. It would mean so much to be able to say, see?? Not all people are jerks.. That's all.
    This actually made me laugh!! Lol
  • smarchee wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    This is new.

true fact
    Actually its not.
    I once saw some ding-a-ling come on here begging people to pay for her air-fare, so she could go to a show.
    Talk about "Balls".

There are always generous people in this world.
    And even more people who are ready to take advantage of those generous people.
    smarchee wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    This is new.

true fact
    Actually its not.
    I once saw some ding-a-ling come on here begging people to pay for her air-fare, so she could go to a show.
    Talk about "Balls".

There are always generous people in this world.
    And even more people who are ready to take advantage of those generous people.

Remember this gem?

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=170626&hilit

It was particularly hilarious because at the same time he was asking for donations to feed his family, he was making inquiries about buying a show poster on another thread.
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Donate money.
    And if you call me out you are an "asshole" and a "douche"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    LOL, how did that thread not get deleted????
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    LOL, how did that thread not get deleted????

It got locked. I posted his thread in there where he was asking about a poster, and not long after it got locked.
  • Laugh all you want. I did something nice for someone that wasn't expecting it.
  • Laugh all you want. I did something nice for someone that wasn't expecting it.
    And she is really happy that someone cared enough to even attempt this. She NEVER asks people for anything.. I just thought she deserves to have at least one good day where someone did something cool and out if the blue that out a smile on her face. And I've done that. Thanks to the others who helped me make this happen!!
    :wtf:

Donate money.
    And if you call me out you are an "asshole" and a "douche"

exactly

perhaps she should call out all those that so generously donated $$$ and frequent flyer miles for a mom to ditch her kids to travel to a PJ show? they at least deserve public acknowledgement of what upstanding great people they are! that way everyone can distinguish how very special she and her donors are from the assholes, douches, and what other name did she use? those who donate to real causes oh that's right...she called us shitbags :lol:

edit: btw the OP probably shouldn't be bragging on facebook that SHE just added another show :fp:

wonder if the donations she solicited to cover "her friend's babysitting expenses" is $ she's put aside to buy swag? :twisted:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This discussion has been closed.