Options

(UPDATED) Trying to stay out of the Obamacare debate...

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    inmytree wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    inmytree wrote:
    I for one am very upset that people can no longer get terrible insurance plans and that preexisting conditions are now covered...

damn that O-bamza....
    Did you get a better plan or just savings?

"Just" savings...same plan, same doctor...

me likey...
    it appears you are one of the winners.

Edit: How are the rates locked in? Is it for 12 months?
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    Jason P wrote:
    it appears you are one of the winners.

Edit: How are the rates locked in? Is it for 12 months?

yup, 12 months...

My old lady's premiums were reduced by a bit, too...not sure how much...the credits under the ACA are helping us..
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ajedigecko wrote:
    simply amazing...speechless.
    The more I hear, the more I...
    Angry_daffy_duck.jpg
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    hedonist wrote:
    ajedigecko wrote:
    simply amazing...speechless.
    The more I hear, the more I...
    Angry_daffy_duck.jpg

Me too.

Would like to hand out a free throat hugs.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    inmytree wrote:
    I for one am very upset that people can no longer get terrible insurance plans and that preexisting conditions are now covered...

damn that O-bamza....

So you think lower premium, high deductible plans that actually save most people money are "terrible". Because they really are the ones that make the most sense for people who are responsible enough to save up the money to cover the deductible and their day-to-day maintenance medical costs.

For those that can't manage money past the next 5 minutes, then the high premium low deductible plans do make sense, but to classify the former plans as "terrible" is kind of scary. And it's VERY scary that our government is encouraging them to go away. Makes you wonder where the money trail ends. Actually, we don't really have to wonder.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    Carrie Underwood apparantly did a bit that mocked the ACA website at an awards ceremony ... I think her gig singing NBC Sunday night football will soon come to an end ... Costas is probably going nuts right now.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

damn that O-bamza....

So you think lower premium, high deductible plans that actually save most people money are "terrible". Because they really are the ones that make the most sense for people who are responsible enough to save up the money to cover the deductible and their day-to-day maintenance medical costs.

For those that can't manage money past the next 5 minutes, then the high premium low deductible plans do make sense, but to classify the former plans as "terrible" is kind of scary. And it's VERY scary that our government is encouraging them to go away. Makes you wonder where the money trail ends. Actually, we don't really have to wonder.

yes, I think high deductible plans are "terrible"...sorry you're so scared....

someday, when the shit hits the fan...and you're not responsible for 1000's and 1000's of dollars in medical bills you can thank me and Obamz then...
  • Options
    Here is an idea that will lower healthcare cost. Put a 15% profit limit on tort lawyers. I think the bill to congress should be under ten pages.

That way, Doug will get more then a few hundred dollars and the real issues will get addressed in the court of law.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    someday, when the shit hits the fan...and you're not responsible for 1000's and 1000's of dollars in medical bills you can thank me and Obamz then...
    Isn't the entry plan a 60/40 plan? I think those people will still be responsible for 1000's and 1000's of dollars in medical bills is something major happens.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    inmytree wrote:
    Isn't the entry plan a 60/40 plan? I think those people will still be responsible for 1000's and 1000's of dollars in medical bills is something major happens.

I don't know...and perhaps...

are you supportive if a 60/40 plan...?
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Here is an idea that will lower healthcare cost. Put a 15% profit limit on tort lawyers. I think the bill to congress should be under ten pages.

That way, Doug will get more then a few hundred dollars and the real issues will get addressed in the court of law.

aah...tort reform...many states have this in place, yes...?
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Not enough that Doug doesn't have to reach out to me about ten times a day in between TV shows.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

I don't know...and perhaps...

are you supportive if a 60/40 plan...?
    40% seems high for spending between $250 - $400 a month. I guess it's better then 100%, but that is still alot of exposure considering you have insurance.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    40% seems high for spending between $250 - $400 a month. I guess it's better then 100%, but that is still alot of exposure considering you have insurance.

I don't disagree.... :thumbup:
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    inmytree wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Not enough that Doug doesn't have to reach out to me about ten times a day in between TV shows.

to be honest, I'm not sure who Doug is...what shows are you watching....? :mrgreen:
  • Options
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:

Again - with low deductible plans, YOU ARE ACTUALLY PAYING MORE....so you're still responsible for thousands of dollars. They're just insurance bills instead of medical bills.

• Options
    inmytree wrote:
    to be honest, I'm not sure who Doug is...what shows are you watching....? :mrgreen:
    Come on, you know who Doug is. It's Doug!

th?id=H.4972435151128056&pid=15.1
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

Again - with low deductible plans, YOU ARE ACTUALLY PAYING MORE....so you're still responsible for thousands of dollars. They're just insurance bills instead of medical bills.

now you're being obtuse...

clearly you have super powers and have never seen a doctor or had a medical bill...just so you know, medical bills are expensive...

but hey, fuck it...right..?
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    inmytree wrote:
    Come on, you know who Doug is. It's Doug!

I still want to know what shows you're watching...Maury...Jerry...Steve? be honest... ;)
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    So I see what 1 person that is happy with it? Sounds like it's going great.

I had dinner with some friends the other night. Friend #1 tells Friend#2 that Obamacar is great. Because they don't work enough hours for their company's insurance (Friend #1 is a student but Friend#2 just works part time out of choice) they can go on the exchange and put in what they make and it'll tell them how much the insurance will be but since they are poor they are going to get money back from the government. I then explained that while they can go on the exchange and get insurance and get a subsidy that they will be responsible for $200-$300 premiums each month and the subsidy is a "tax credit" and not a check like they think it is. So now, the poor people have to buy insurance each month with money they don't have so they can get a "tax" credit.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

now you're being obtuse...

clearly you have super powers and have never seen a doctor or had a medical bill...just so you know, medical bills are expensive...

but hey, fuck it...right..?

No seriously.

If I have a $250 monthly premium with a $5000 deductible, it would cost me $8000 per year IF I had high medical bills. But it could be as low as $3000.

If I have a $1000 monthly premium with a $1000 deductible, it would cost me $13,000 per year. And the lowest it would be each year is $12,0000.

You REALLY think the high deductible plan is "terrible". People would be so much better with the high deductible, but they can't see past the next paycheck so they don't think they will.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,667
    Staceb10 wrote:

I'm careful to make any conclusions about the number of times I see something on the internet, otherwise I'd go around all day thinking Obama's a Muslim and everyone loves cats.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I still want to know what shows you're watching...Maury...Jerry...Steve? be honest... ;)
    The frick'n Wheel! :P

Please tell me you don't have cable or don't watch TV between 4pm to 8pm. It's frick'n Doug! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Staceb10 wrote:

I'm careful to make any conclusions about the number of times I see something on the internet, otherwise I'd go around all day thinking Obama's a Muslim and everyone loves cats.
    Everyone does love cats

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT00Mor_a_i5OsaSnMnzvBwn-Nd7IA6vX-eGpzYcQHgOzeD7X_X
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jason P wrote:
    Everyone does love cats
    Damn straight :mrgreen:

(and cats on roombas? fuhggetaboutit)
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

Please tell me you don't have cable or don't watch TV between 4pm to 8pm. It's frick'n Doug! :mrgreen:

I don't have cable and ditched directv in Feb...I have a antenna and Roku...best choice I've made in awhile...

I do get the local Ambulance/Disability chaser commercials, though... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    No seriously.

If I have a $250 monthly premium with a $5000 deductible, it would cost me $8000 per year IF I had high medical bills. But it could be as low as $3000.

If I have a $1000 monthly premium with a $1000 deductible, it would cost me $13,000 per year. And the lowest it would be each year is $12,0000.

You REALLY think the high deductible plan is "terrible". People would be so much better with the high deductible, but they can't see past the next paycheck so they don't think they will.

do you have a 1000$ a month premium...? I get the sense you're using fuzzy math...

and YES I REALLY think high deductible plans are "terrible"....not sure how I can be more clear about that...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    No seriously.

do you have a 1000$ a month premium...? I get the sense you're using fuzzy math...

and YES I REALLY think high deductible plans are "terrible"....not sure how I can be more clear about that...

I currently do not have a $1000 premium, but when I checked my possible rates on my state's health exchange, it said my annual premiums would be $13,000 for the bronze plan. That's where I got that.

What is the premium and deductible from your plan?

There is no doubt that a high deductible plan saves money.It's shameful they are getting rid of them.

• Options
    inmytree wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I don't have cable and ditched directv in Feb...I have a antenna and Roku...best choice I've made in awhile...

I do get the local Ambulance/Disability chaser commercials, though... :mrgreen:
    That explains it .... I usually have to yell "go fuck yourself, doug!" at the TV 3-4 times each night. :P