Options

Breaking Bad

Comments

• Options
    Idris said:

I hear 'Game of Thrones' is pretty brilliant, well I keep on getting friends telling me to check it out.

Brilliant.

Shocking really. I'm in late on this series and still a little confused, but love watching it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Cool, I'll give it a go later this month.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited October 2014
    I've gotten through the first two seasons just now. There are times where the show seems to go nowhere. But it is very intriguing. Bryan Cranston has such a low voice. A real radio voice. He sounds like the movie trailor guy.

I didn't know this was in AMT. I just searched it and assumed it was in AET. I didn't read any of the ppost because I haven't finished the series.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It was a good show. But I'd be OK with Hank's wife and Heisenberg's son being axed from the plot. Thankfully I could fast-forward with netflix whenever thier un-needed storylines were forced upon us.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Jason P said:

It was a good show. But I'd be OK with Hank's wife and Heisenberg's son being axed from the plot. Thankfully I could fast-forward with netflix whenever thier un-needed storylines were forced upon us.

Thought same.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I really thought hank was going to bite the bullet in season 2!
  • Options

I really thought hank was going to bite the bullet in season 2!

I think I read that Pinkman was supposed to die at the end of the first season but the writers realized that would be pretty dumb
  • Options
    I think I would stay in better shape if I starred in a TV show where I was in my underpants every other episode. I should call my agent.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Speaking of Game of Thrones...

• Options
    unsung said:

Speaking of Game of Thrones...

So breaking bad is old news?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Still watching Breaking Bad, lol. Been nearly a 2 year project. Taking my time and savoring.

Just finished Episode 5 of season 5.

Still think its the best TV drama of all time.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    If you think Breaking Bad is good you should check out True Detective on HBO. I would put TD up there with BB.

The format of TD seems to be 8 episodes that are 1 hour long. Each "season" has different characters kind of like American Horror Story.

The first TD series with Woody Harrelson and Matt McConaughey was awesome. Had some really good boobies in it too.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

If you think Breaking Bad is good you should check out True Detective on HBO. I would put TD up there with BB.

The format of TD seems to be 8 episodes that are 1 hour long. Each "season" has different characters kind of like American Horror Story.

The first TD series with Woody Harrelson and Matt McConaughey was awesome. Had some really good boobies in it too.

Season one of true detectives may be the best 8 episodes that television has ever produced. I don't see how they will top it in season two. Harrleson and McConahay were so good. I thought 24 was the best drama ever until I saw true detectives.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I thought Pinkmans depression story arc dragged on for far too long...not that he didn't have reason,but it just got tiresome. And the spiraling out of control in season 4 was a tad much for me, but it was a great show that concluded superbly.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I rewatched a few episodes Breaking Bad for the first time with buddy and his wife and I love catching stuff I didn't notice before. For example. Jesse's license plate holder says "Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver"

LMAO
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    This is a show I will definitely rewatch at some point... again. I already watched it as it came out, and then the first 4 seasons again before the final season started.
    I'll give it a couple of years so I can forget more stuff, lol, and then I'll enjoy it all over again!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    I had no idea that people even thought a breaking bad 2 was possible until I saw this. Looks like people were actually hoping for a reboot.
    BB was one of my favorite series of all time. I was in my second or 3rd year as a chemistry teacher when this show started, so the timing was pretty fun.

I read through some comments and I agree with many. Despite it being a great show, it had its flaws. Was very slow at parts. Certain arcs and characters were drawn out too much. A few pointless episodes (like the Fly). But overall, a very good show.
    Ive rewatched it twice I think. The last time I noticed a lot more foul language and even some nudity that I don't think was there before. Makes me think they wanted it on HBO or something, but had to tame it down for AMC.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    edited August 2023
    I think the slow parts are amplified when you can binge watch. At least for me.  There were plenty of sections where I got bored, but not sure that would be the case if I watched one episode a week.  I don't think I'd love those storylines, but maybe it wouldn't be as dull.  You can binge something too long and make it boring.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    I need another rewatch of this...and The Wire asap

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    I think the slow parts are amplified when you can binge watch. At least for me.  There were plenty of sections where I got bored, but not sure that would be the case if I watched one episode a week.  I don't think I'd love those storylines, but maybe it wouldn't be as dull.  You can binge something too long and make it boring.  
    I don't know. I just remember waiting a full week, and then sometimes a year and half for a new season, just to think "this is all we got?" Don't get me wrong, still an amazing show. But if they cut out 1-2 episodes a season, would be near perfect. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 612
    Breaking Bad is the greatest show ever with Better Call Saul as close as you can get. But we doo need a Badger & Skinny Pete spinoff next. :) 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I think one of BB (and Saul)'s greatest strengths is the fact that there is so little filler and pretty much everything is/was wrapped up neatly.  Early-on, as they were honing their craft, maybe we got a little too much of chemistry class and such.  Some of it though was to develop Jesse and Jane's relationship which strongly influences Jesse the rest of the show.  Maybe I could have done without Marie's cleptomania that one episode.  People hate on The Fly episode, but I thought it was great.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    While not perfect, BB and BCS are IMO some of the best TV ever made.
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    While not perfect, BB and BCS are IMO some of the best TV ever made.
    agreed...BB gets the slight edge but BCS was great as well. A few of the first episodes might have been a little slow but once you get by that it's solid.

The first episode of BB that I watched was the one where Jessie was with the crackheads trying to get that ATM open. That made me think I needed to start from the beginning. We ended up binging the shit out of the show and watched the final in real time.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    MayDay10 said:
    I think one of BB (and Saul)'s greatest strengths is the fact that there is so little filler and pretty much everything is/was wrapped up neatly.  Early-on, as they were honing their craft, maybe we got a little too much of chemistry class and such.  Some of it though was to develop Jesse and Jane's relationship which strongly influences Jesse the rest of the show.  Maybe I could have done without Marie's cleptomania that one episode.  People hate on The Fly episode, but I thought it was great.

Oh man.....that Marie storyline sucked so bad. One of the few things I disliked about the show in general though.  I could not stand her in those first couple seasons. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    MayDay10 said:

Oh man.....that Marie storyline sucked so bad. One of the few things I disliked about the show in general though.  I could not stand her in those first couple seasons. 
    Marie did not need a storyline at all!  Completely unnecessary.
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 612
    mca47 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Marie did not need a storyline at all!  Completely unnecessary.
    Well she had to be in the story or how else would Walt have found out about the meth world? Or had the inside track with the DEA? But for the most part she was annoying and the kleptomania storyline was incredibly dumb. It's about the only thing I can't figure out why it was even included.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    I'm surprised to see so much annoyance at Maria's storyline....I thought it was a great little tangent.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    ZoSoTim said:
    Breaking Bad is the greatest show ever with Better Call Saul as close as you can get. But we doo need a Badger & Skinny Pete spinoff next. :) 
    Better Call Saul got a little silly after awhile.  I was glad to finish the last season.