New girl trying to make my office her own

Comments

• PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    mfc2006 wrote:
    PJ88 wrote:

Still your office. PERIOD. Fuck her!

Yup. Unreal. This happened to me once I made him work in the open workspace area. Why? His name wasn't on the door yet. If he'd been cool, totally different story.

:lol: Awesome!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    She had to work in your office by herself for two weeks, then with you for one week before you left. She made herself comfortable, as she's gonna be there in the same place next week when you are down the road. She starts a new job, gets a new desk to work at and then after 2 weeks she has you training her more new stuff and disrupting the system she set up in your absence.

Cut the chick some slack dude you're on your way out. I'm assuming she didn't pack up all your personal shit into a box and set it on the floor somewhere? After all, technically it's not your office, it's your company's. Plus it sounds like a tense work environment. I know how it feels to have someone encroaching on your space and maybe even feeling a little uncomfortable about being replaced by someone who is doing things differently but I think you may have taken it a bit too hard.

Not that I know anything about anything. I just got that impression and saw everyone else agreeing with you so I offered the view from the other side.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • duska3419 wrote:
    She had to work in your office by herself for two weeks, then with you for one week before you left. She made herself comfortable, as she's gonna be there in the same place next week when you are down the road. She starts a new job, gets a new desk to work at and then after 2 weeks she has you training her more new stuff and disrupting the system she set up in your absence.

Cut the chick some slack dude you're on your way out. I'm assuming she didn't pack up all your personal shit into a box and set it on the floor somewhere? After all, technically it's not your office, it's your company's. Plus it sounds like a tense work environment. I know how it feels to have someone encroaching on your space and maybe even feeling a little uncomfortable about being replaced by someone who is doing things differently but I think you may have taken it a bit too hard.

Not that I know anything about anything. I just got that impression and saw everyone else agreeing with you so I offered the view from the other side.

Sorry but I totally disagree with everything you said. It is my office. When you were growing up, your parents owned your house, but it was still your room, right? Same thing. And it would've been different if she had communicated with me a little better, like "hey, would you mind if I(do this or that)." She just started reorganizing everything right under my nose, while it was there.

"She had to work in your office by herself." How tragic. And no, she was being trained by my boss and co-worker, and she had the use of my office while I was away. I have no problem with her making herself comfortable, but she still needs to respect that it's not her office yet. Not until I pack my own shit up and put it in a box, myself. I don't need her to do it for me. She can hold her fucking horses.

I'm "disrupting the system she put in place in my absence?" Lol. How do you think I felt when I came back?

I appreciate that you're trying to see it from another point of view, but you're wrong. This chick is ignorant and pushy and she's gonna be trouble.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    When you were growing up, your parents owned your house, but it was still your room, right?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neither of those two things happened, so no.

As I said, I really don't know anything about what that situation, I just wanted to point out the view from the other side, namely this chick's. Because it seems like you've declared her the villain, and in my experience villains get a bad rap, for they are often not evil, just misunderstood.
    :)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • duska3419 wrote:
    When you were growing up, your parents owned your house, but it was still your room, right?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neither of those two things happened, so no.

As I said, I really don't know anything about what that situation, I just wanted to point out the view from the other side, namely this chick's. Because it seems like you've declared her the villain, and in my experience villains get a bad rap, for they are often not evil, just misunderstood.
    :)

Well I tried to explain it to you like a 4 year old, so I guess you still couldn't understand :?

I didn't declare her a villain. She acted in a rude, selfish manner and I'm not taking any fucking shit, last week or not.
  • I like how this guy ^^^^^ accuses me of declaring this chick a villain and yet that's exactly what he does to me, lol. Like I did anything wrong. Sounds like this bitches soul mate, :lol:

And I love your passive-aggressiveness with the stupid little smiley face. Get bent lol
  • duska3419 wrote:

I like how you actually point out that you saw everyone agreeing with him and so you decided to be an antagonist & stir some shit up.

He's got every right to not be happy with this girl infringing on his space and moving his stuff around is his office. I don't think he did anything wrong & likely would have done the same thing myself. She's been there 2 weeks and it's been his office for 2 years.....she's acting extremely forward & pushy. She needs to learn some class and patience if she wants to get anywhere both professionally & in life in general.
    Let's call it a momentary lapse in judgement on my part. Good luck in your new job, OP. :thumbup:
  • OK :thumbup:
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    It could have been handled more professionally and less pettily.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,665
    PJ88 wrote:
    . Fuck her!
    See, here's another vote for this tactic. You've only got a few hours to make it happen.

"Is that cashmere?"

:mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i will speculate that if she is hot ... most of the guys on this thread will change their tune ... :lol::lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    i will speculate that if she is hot ... most of the guys on this thread will change their tune ... :lol::lol:
    This thread is useless without pics... :lol:
  • She's not hot and I'm not going to try and hump her, lol

I hope she doesn't spoil my mood tonight. I'm being taken out by my coworkers for a burger and beers after work to celebrate my promotion and "she's" coming. It was the right thing to invite her, but I was hoping she would politely decline, or something. She has a baby, so you'd think she'd want to get home to it and allow me to enjoy the evening with the 2 people I have been working with for the past 2 years. Ah well, alcohol will be involved and it always makes things better!
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    The OP would make more sense if it were 2 chicks. These is just like the catty stuff that female coworkers pull on each other all the time. Surprised me to notice it was likely a guy.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • And this is why I WOULD NEVER, fucking EVER, work in an office environment.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Poncier wrote:
    PJ88 wrote:
    . Fuck her!
    See, here's another vote for this tactic. You've only got a few hours to make it happen.

"Is that cashmere?"

:mrgreen:

I'm giving you a raaaaaiiiiise!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • CHT03000.jpg

Everyone involved in this little office drama, needs to take 2 of these.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • know1 wrote:
    The OP would make more sense if it were 2 chicks. These is just like the catty stuff that female coworkers pull on each other all the time. Surprised me to notice it was likely a guy.

Why would it make more sense if it were 2 chicks? And what's "catty" about it? I'm supposed to be okay with her behaviour because I'm a male? It's simply a matter of respect. Don't you get that?

And why were you surprised to find out I was a guy? Wasn't your first fucking clue the fact that my name has "Man" in it? Second clue maybe Han Solo as my profile picture?
    ? Second clue maybe Han Solo as my profile picture?
    Its Lennon currently.
  • Poncier wrote:
    ? Second clue maybe Han Solo as my profile picture?
    Its Lennon currently.

Oh it's working now, is it? Finally. For the longest time after I changed it to Lennon, only I could see it and everyone else was still seeing the Han Solo frozen 'frozen incarbonate picture.' Glad to know it worked.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    see if you can get her fired.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    see if you can get her fired.

She might not need my help. She's on probation, so if the manager doesn't think it's working she doesn't have to keep her.

Today was my last day, so I'm just glad I'm done with her now. She wasn't a problem the last couple of days though.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I have a tendency to take things the wrong way and make a big deal out of nothing.
    Do you think that up there maybe might've played a small part in your response to know1? ;)

For what it's worth, I don't believe you're in the wrong at all and I'd be pissed too. But at this point, you're off to greener and better pastures (good wishes from here, too).

As the beloved dude in your avatar once said..."I just had to let it go" :)
  • hedonist wrote:
    I have a tendency to take things the wrong way and make a big deal out of nothing.
    Do you think that up there maybe might've played a small part in your response to know1? ;)

For what it's worth, I don't believe you're in the wrong at all and I'd be pissed too. But at this point, you're off to greener and better pastures (good wishes from here, too).

As the beloved dude in your avatar once said..."I just had to let it go" :)

No, I don't think so. I was offended by that post. But they can think what they want.

Thank you very much : )

Thanks for the JL quote, so true. Love that song too.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    And this is why I WOULD NEVER, fucking EVER, work in an office environment.

testify. office politics.. fuck that bullshit.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • In conclusion, I packed up my office yesterday and I took the high road. No shitting in the garbage can, or air horns hidden under the chair. I replaced the pens from my cup/pen holder and put them back in hers. I reversed everything back to how she had it. I tidied up and wiped the desk down. I left my own personal training notes and SOP printouts that she can use that will help her in her position. I will still have access to my old email and emailed her to let her know I can still be reached if she has any questions. Even as I was ready to pull out of the parking lot I remembered I still had the parking pass on my RVM, so I took it inside and set it on HER desk.

See what a nice guy I am? I just want a little respect, that's all. Isn't that what anyone wants?
  • Exactly it! Well done .... good luck in the new job :)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Exactly it! Well done .... good luck in the new job :)

Thank you!! :D
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    In conclusion, I packed up my office yesterday and I took the high road.
    :thumbup:

(I wish the high road weren't the one less traveled...good on ya!)