New girl trying to make my office her own

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So I am starting a new job next week and they've hired my replacement. She's a student and I'm just training her until the end of the week. She started the day after Labour day long weekend and then I went on holidays for 2 weeks. I come back from holidays on Monday and she had reorganized my office a little, switching stuff around and whatnot. She was even putting her jacket on the back of my chair. I didn't say or do anything. I figured it's going to be her office soon anyway, what do I care? Then today she took all the pens out of my cup/pen holder and replaced it with her own and just put mine off to the side. That pissed me off. It's still my office and who does she think she is, right? So i reclaimed my office. I took her jacket and hung it in the back on the coat rack. I then put the pens back in my cup/pen holder and put hers off to the side. And then switched everything back to where they were before.

She also made a comment yesterday about how it sucks that we have to share an office. What a selfish little bitch. She has no right to complain. If anyone should complain, it's me. That's been my office for 2 years and I'm the one who has to share it with her for my last week.

Did I do the right thing? Is what she was doing harmless? Or do you think she was being a little forward? Even a bit of a bitch move? I mean, I understand it's going to be her office soon, but it's still my office and she can just wait until I clear my things out myself before making it her own. You don't just start reorganizing someone's office while they're still in it, right?
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I back what you did 100%. She needs to have some damn respect. You'll be out of there soon enough. Clearly the girl doesn't have any patience or class. Just my opinion. In the meantime, hopefully the two of you can co-habitate well enough until you move on. Good luck to you in your new job btw!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I back what you did 100%. She needs to have some damn respect. You'll be out of there soon enough. Clearly the girl doesn't have any patience or class. Just my opinion. In the meantime, hopefully the two of you can co-habitate well enough until you move on. Good luck to you in your new job btw!

Thanks! Its really exciting. It's such an awesome opportunity. But yeah, what she's doing is totally disrespectful. Glad you feel that way too. I have a tendency to take things the wrong way and make a big deal out of nothing. Looks like my instincts were right this time though. I just want this week to go on without any problems.

My boss and other coworker are taking me out for burgers and beers on Friday and it's on the company's tab! :mrgreen:
  • Did you try talking to her about it....like, "hey, I know this will be your office but for the next few weeks, it's still mine. You can do all the redecorating when I'm gone." Or is she the type that talking may not work on. I'm just thinking it seems a little passive/aggressive to change things without talking about it. It sounds like she "started it," but there is always the high road. Or not. Whatever.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Couldn't help thinking about this...

299+Simpsons+Wallpapers+-+NTP++(12).jpg

You'll move when you're good n' ready;
    until then, it's your office, not hers.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,665
    Give her a cashmere sweater, maybe she'll have sex with you on the desk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaqktZ8N0MQ
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Did you try talking to her about it....like, "hey, I know this will be your office but for the next few weeks, it's still mine. You can do all the redecorating when I'm gone." Or is she the type that talking may not work on. I'm just thinking it seems a little passive/aggressive to change things without talking about it. It sounds like she "started it," but there is always the high road. Or not. Whatever.

I didn't talk to her about it, no. I felt I would get my point across and she'd get the message. If she opens the door to the conversation by saying anything, then I'll remind her it's my office until I'm gone.
  • Dru_Cortez wrote:
    Couldn't help thinking about this...

299+Simpsons+Wallpapers+-+NTP++(12).jpg

You'll move when you're good n' ready;
    until then, it's your office, not hers.
    Cheers.

HaHa thanks :)
  • Poncier wrote:
    Give her a cashmere sweater, maybe she'll have sex with you on the desk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaqktZ8N0MQ

Lol, no thanks! :lol:
  • Looks like someone was throwing dirty on the coffin :nono: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!

Yeah really eh. I think I'm going to go in on Saturday to clear my office out. If I start doing it on Friday then she will try and reorganize it before I'm gone. don't want to give her the satisfaction. Fuck her :mrgreen:

Yeah really eh. I think I'm going to go in on Saturday to clear my office out. If I start doing it on Friday then she will try and reorganize it before I'm gone. don't want to give her the satisfaction. Fuck her :mrgreen:

Take a dump in the trashcan before you leave.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Take a dump in the trashcan before you leave.

Lol, as tempting as that would be I can't that because I'm moving to a sister company just down the road.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Wow. She needs to step off and show some respect. If she says anything again about sharing an office, or starts to rearrange stuff, just politely say, "I agree, it does suck, but the office will be all yours next week. Until then, please don't rearrange my stuff." Or simply, "Stop touching my shit!" Your call.
    ELITIST FUK

Lol, as tempting as that would be I can't that because I'm moving to a sister company just down the road.

That's a dilemma. Plan B. Break into her house and rearrange all the furniture, pour the dish soap in her shampoo bottle and vice versa, re-key the locks, etc.

That's a dilemma. Plan B. Break into her house and rearrange all the furniture, pour the dish soap in her shampoo bottle and vice versa, re-key the locks, etc.

You're my new hero.

How much will you take to do the job? Do you need the money up front? Or can I do a payment plan? :evil:
  • You're my new hero.

How much will you take to do the job? Do you need the money up front? Or can I do a payment plan? :evil:

But I haven't even shown you the poop swatches yet.
  • This is exactly why animals urinate on things. I suppose it cant hurt to mark my office to avoid this type of displeasure. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • This is exactly why animals urinate on things. I suppose it cant hurt to mark my office to avoid this type of displeasure. :P

Just don't go sniffing anybody's butt or licking your own balls in the office. Pretty sure that will land you in some sexual harassment seminar.
    Fuck her :mrgreen:
    I suggested that. :lol:
    This is exactly why animals urinate on things. I suppose it cant hurt to mark my office to avoid this type of displeasure. :P

Just don't go sniffing anybody's butt or licking your own balls in the office. Pretty sure that will land you in some sexual harassment seminar.
    If he could lick his own balls, then he wouldn't need an office because like any of us if we could do that he'd never leave the house.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i'vebeen with my company for 10 years. I still don't have my own office.

My cubicle has a view though.

:?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    if she's short, make sure you set the chair up to the highest setting and:

airhorn-chair-prank.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • She's being rude
  • SD48277 wrote:
    Wow. She needs to step off and show some respect. If she says anything again about sharing an office, or starts to rearrange stuff, just politely say, "I agree, it does suck, but the office will be all yours next week. Until then, please don't rearrange my stuff." Or simply, "Stop touching my shit!" Your call.

Yeah that's just how I felt- that she was being, if nothing else, disrespectful. I haven't had to say anything to her- I think she got the measage.

1 more day to go....
  • Poncier wrote:
    Fuck her :mrgreen:
    I suggested that. :lol:

Lol
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    if she's short, make sure you set the chair up to the highest setting and:

airhorn-chair-prank.jpg

This is perfect! :D
  • She's being rude

Totally. At first I didn't know how to take it. I tend to overreact, but when she switched my cup for hers, it was so obviously rude and ignorant.

I talked to my other coworker(there's only 3 of us, including the manager) and she has been feeling the same way. I told her straight up "she's trouble. You're going to hate her after 1 month." And she will. 3 women in one small office and with that little bitch- not good. I didn't go out of my way to tell her. It wasn't planned. It just came out at the end of the day. It felt good, lol
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    So I am starting a new job next week and they've hired my replacement. She's a student and I'm just training her until the end of the week. She started the day after Labour day long weekend and then I went on holidays for 2 weeks. I come back from holidays on Monday and she had reorganized my office a little, switching stuff around and whatnot. She was even putting her jacket on the back of my chair. I didn't say or do anything. I figured it's going to be her office soon anyway, what do I care? Then today she took all the pens out of my cup/pen holder and replaced it with her own and just put mine off to the side. That pissed me off. It's still my office and who does she think she is, right? So i reclaimed my office. I took her jacket and hung it in the back on the coat rack. I then put the pens back in my cup/pen holder and put hers off to the side. And then switched everything back to where they were before.

She also made a comment yesterday about how it sucks that we have to share an office. What a selfish little bitch. She has no right to complain. If anyone should complain, it's me. That's been my office for 2 years and I'm the one who has to share it with her for my last week.

Did I do the right thing? Is what she was doing harmless? Or do you think she was being a little forward? Even a bit of a bitch move? I mean, I understand it's going to be her office soon, but it's still my office and she can just wait until I clear my things out myself before making it her own. You don't just start reorganizing someone's office while they're still in it, right?

Still your office. PERIOD. Fuck her!
  • PJ88 wrote:

Agreed! Thank you.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    PJ88 wrote:

Yup. Unreal. This happened to me once I made him work in the open workspace area. Why? His name wasn't on the door yet. If he'd been cool, totally different story.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com