Vs HAPPY 20th ANNIVERSARY

123457»

Comments

• 20th-anniversary.jpg
  • We need Vs in its entirety tonight, would be amazing!
    Weary is the mind of one stuck in repetition
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Happy 20th anniversary from me to Vs.!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    I was not a Pearl Jam until I heard Vs. I remember all the hoopla around Ten. But honestly, I didn't care much for Even Flow which I think was the first PJ song I heard. Alive and Jeremy were pretty good, but at the time, I loved Guns N Roses. Axl was a badass that could write songs and play piano. No band could be better.

I also had subscription to Rolling Stone and somehow valued their opinions on albums. 4.5 stars, well shit I'm sold. Let's go Best Buy and get this one. First spin: 'pretty good, lets try that again'. And again and again, again.... This band has something different. Honesty, edge, groove, melody. It was all there.

GNR were mostly on the outs right about this time, so PJ coming along was like a godsend for a dorky teenager who loves rock music.

Somehow, I always knew Pearl Jam would withstand the test of time. Thank You Pearl Jam. You've made the world a better place to live.