Options

Fake PJ tix news report

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    You do if you go through a real "reputable" ticket broker who posts all of their own sales, as opposed to stubhub, where others post the sales.

StubHub guarantees the tickets sold on their site. If you run into any issues, they'll try to resolve them for you on site, or worst case, they'll refund your money.

I've bought dozens of tickets on StubHub and have never had an issue.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Poncier wrote:
    I assume he must be using a prepaid cell phone or the cops could ID him from his phone number.
    Lots of scumbags in this world.
    My guess is that most cops won't give a shit about this. :|
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    burnsy6 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    You do if you go through a real "reputable" ticket broker who posts all of their own sales, as opposed to stubhub, where others post the sales.

StubHub guarantees the tickets sold on their site. If you run into any issues, they'll try to resolve them for you on site, or worst case, they'll refund your money.

I've bought dozens of tickets on StubHub and have never had an issue.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I know you won't lose money on stub hub no matter what happens. it's just that with those kinds of companies I'm talking about you are guaranteed from the get go that your ticket is real. No risk at all of getting a fake ticket in the first place.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    mca47 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    I assume he must be using a prepaid cell phone or the cops could ID him from his phone number.
    For sure. wasn't this in Chicago? The cops there have better things to do 24/7, just like in any major city. If this happened in buttfuck nowhere, they might care. I think Kat's point in this thread is simply buyer beware (and scalpers suck).

I must admit that I fell prey to the temptation in Chicago for Phish. I was drunk and we were there just standing around not getting tix, so finally handed over a bundle to some guy on a bicycle. lucky for us, the tix were real, but it was a stupid risk.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Its scary because at first glance these counterfeits look very authentic.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Thanks Kat. There was another thread on it last night:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=217316

Seeing this is so sad and only reinforces how grateful I am that this band and the 10c save reserved seats for us fans. We are most fortunate not having to deal with the public market and the 2ndary market for the majority of the time

this. Thank you 10 club! 8-)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    bump.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    My buddy and his wife flew up to Chicago and bought fake tickets twice(both from Craigslist and stubhub). The 2nd pair that was fake looked exactly like another friends legit tickets.com ticket. The people at the box office even couldn't believe it was fake. Thankfully they got in the doors somehow and enjoyed the show but it was ridiculous the amount of fakes out there for that show.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    mca47 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    I don't think they'd care about the counterfeit tix too much, but the threats are a different matter.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    My buddy and his wife flew up to Chicago and bought fake tickets twice(both from Craigslist and stubhub). The 2nd pair that was fake looked exactly like another friends legit tickets.com ticket. The people at the box office even couldn't believe it was fake. Thankfully they got in the doors somehow and enjoyed the show but it was ridiculous the amount of fakes out there for that show.

True story! Happy they eventually got in!

What's up bro?! :D
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    "Imma" going out on a limb here and say the flat billed hat and use of "Imma" made it quite clear the tickets weren't for him
  • Options
    Thanks Kat! It's scary how realistic these look. I got scammed from StubHub on Soundgarden tickets to the Orpheum show in Boston (at least they refunded my money). It's getting to the point where you cringe when your ticket is being scanned at a show cause you never know what you are going to get from the secondary market.

I bought Wrigley tix off stubhub and was worried about this the whole trip out there. When my wife and I got to the gate the tix wouldn't scan at first and I was about to crap myself or go apeshit on somebody. After almost a minute they scanned and he said enjoy the show. I should have brought an extra pair of underwear....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Do not buy tickets off the street in NYC. Ever.

You have been warned. This has been going on for many many years.