Sandwiches

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Nothing better than a Chicken Cutlet with Sauce and Provolone on a hard roll from the local italian deli
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Earl
  • I like a good reuben or a French dip. Lately I've been jonesing for "The Original" from Schlotzsky's on a daily basis.

The Original

Lean smoked ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, and melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mustard and our signature dressing on our toasted Sourdough bun.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • "Yeah I got some sandwiches.. I got tuna.. and salmon salad Tony because I know you don't like peanut butter".

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • american wit- side a hots.... Philips Steaks, Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA
  • Tony Luke's Roast Pork Italian. done!

(Roast Pork, Sharp Provolone, Broccoli Rabe)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The Paseo "Midnight Press"
    The best Non-Cuban, Cuban sandwich ever.
    NERDS!
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    For those coming to Brooklyn in October, I highly suggest the Tony Lobianco (no. 90) from Lioni...

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/li ... eroes/menu
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I had a Chicken Pear sandwich the other day.

Grilled Chicken, brie cheese, sliced pear, lettuce & honey mustard on a ciabatta roll
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    duska3419 wrote:

Grilled Chicken, brie cheese, sliced pear, lettuce & honey mustard on a ciabatta roll
    Damn. That sounds good.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    LloydXmas wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:

Damn. That sounds good.

It really, really was. Fresco Deli Cafe in LIC near LaGuardia Community College.
    Their baklava ain't bad either http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=215993&start=60#p5235064
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Oh man I LOVE sandwiches! chicken parm!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Pepperoni and provolone is my current go to
  • duska3419 wrote:

Not a big brie guy, but sounds perfect on this sandwich.

Sliced pear? My god, that's brilliant!
    Had a western omlet egg sandwich on marble rye this am. Amazing.
  • Tony Luke's Roast Pork Italian. done!

(Roast Pork, Sharp Provolone, Broccoli Rabe)

I've heard of this,
    or maybe I saw it (or something similar)
    on Diners, Drive-ins, + Dives.
    Either way, this sounds AMAZING-
    I am in!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Nothing better than a Chicken Cutlet with Sauce and Provolone on a hard roll from the local italian deli

throw some hot sauce on there and I'm with ya.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    law21 wrote:
    american wit- side a hots.... Philips Steaks, Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA

someone else who knows about Philips - nice!!
  • philips is the best steak in philadelphia
    law21 wrote:
    philips is the best steak in philadelphia

Philips or Steve's Prince of Steaks. Either suffices.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Peppered Piper = Cracked pepper turkey, pepper jack cheese, pepperoni with roasted peppers.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Black forest ham with brie on a french baguette, baked lightly open faced in the oven, then put together, om nom nom.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Fucking pepperoni
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    ice-cream-sandwiches.jpeg
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ice-cream-sandwiches.jpeg

:knooger
  • When I lived in LA my favorite was Philippe the Original.
    Creators of the French Dip Sandwich. You could get roasts of beef, pork, lamb, turkey or ham on the bun....into the juice...oh man.
    Was a standard stop before going to see Dodgers games.

philippe_the_original_print-rc7584ded33994cc4bfc6316d049573b7_i6uf_8byvr_324.jpg
    sl.jpg
    Philippes-Menu2.jpg
    sl.jpg
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Fucking pepperoni
    Turkey, pepperoni and American cheese. An all time favorite.
    Nothing special, but the sandwich I had a couple hours ago was delicious. Toasted 12 grain Olafson's bagel, egg, fried black forest ham, cheddar cheese. With a glass of milk. And NIN's Hesitation Marks spinning for the first time. Good Saturday breakfast. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Nothing special, but the sandwich I had a couple hours ago was delicious. Toasted 12 grain Olafson's bagel, egg, fried black forest ham, cheddar cheese. With a glass of milk. And NIN's Hesitation Marks spinning for the first time. Good Saturday breakfast. :)

is Olafson's the brand that makes the bagel?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah. They make a good bagel. :)
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah. They make a good bagel. :)

hmm, not familar with that type, will keep my eyes open for it
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit