Member seating!!!

evedder2005evedder2005 Posts: 3
edited May 2017 in Given To Fly (live)
Was in Kitchener last night. Got Floor seats - Row X. Sucked big time for being a member...
Post edited by evedder2005 on

Comments

• That's not terrible. It was a big show for members.....

what was your number/
    So I bid farewell to the Eastern town I never more will see;
    But work I must so I eat this dust and breathe refinery.
    Oh I miss the green and the woods and streams and I don't like cowboy clothes;
    But I like being free and that makes me an idiot I suppose.
  • cry me a river.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Someone always is.......
  • sorry dude, this tour is kind of strange for the fan club seats. There's too much americains crossing the border. You certainly had a high number.. Wait for the next tour, i'm sure you'll get something better ! (:
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    I was row Z on the floor . . . (and a 10C member too)

I thought it was okay - sure I'd have loved to be closer (or up the sides) but I wasn't about to complain. I said, well, they could be worse and I got blitzed and rocked out the whole fuckin' show. My throat was torn to shreds afterwards from yelling and singing the entire show. Loved it.

I just soaked up the atmosphere in the tiniest of venues (did you look around at how small it was? Amazing) Brilliant show, good seats - I think it was partially because the two dudes in front of me didn't really rock out during the show (i.e. no jumping no hand waving etc.) so I had a relatively unobstructed view of the stage (had to weave the head around at times to see particular band members - but for the most part the view was fine . . .)

Okay, sorry, that was my long response . . . BEST SHOW since BARRIE baby!!!!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Im sorry I had 10 row for thunderbay..

Great time!
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • We had row W. Not too bad even though we really couldn't see all that much. I've never been on the floor for any show by any band so just to be there felt cool, whether I could see the whole time or not.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Zod wrote:
    yah.. theres only what 25 pairs in every row on the floor?

so thats 250 pairs for the first 10 rows, 500 for the first 20.

when they get close to issuing 1000 pairs of tickets for every show, its not rocket science that not eveyone gets to sit in the pimping seats.

that being said, i do remember feeling a little bummed when i got my vancouver tickets and saw that I was 7 rows back of where i was in 2003. I was even a few rows further back from where my block ended in 2003.

i guess lack of a US tour, really caused influxes of US fans to the more populated areas, like vancouver, the southern ontario shows etc...

if you have a higher number your only bet to get close is to go to a show in the middle of nowhere, like the prairies or something. Something that makes for a helluva roadtrip, that even most of the diehards aren't willing to do it.

Do you think St. John's Newfoundland counts?? I'm hoping so, I've been a fan since the beginning but never joined the fan club until last year. Going to Newfoundland in hopes of a good seat!
  • 3 posts, and a screen name with 2005 in the title. Immmmmmmmm gonna guess you're a newb. Whats your member # then start complaining. Werd
    Tell the Captain the boats not safe were drowning, turns out he's the one making waves.

9/29/96~9/10/98~9/11/98~8/24/00~8/25/00~4/30/03~7/08/03~7/09/03~9/15/05~9/16/05~10/1/05~5/5/06~5/12/06~5/13/06~5/27/06~5/28/06~6/1/06~6/3/06~6~19/08~6/24/08~6/25/08~6/27/08~8/5/08~10/30/09~10/31/09~5/20/10~5/21/10
  • McCready00 wrote:
    sorry dude, this tour is kind of strange for the fan club seats. There's too much americains crossing the border. You certainly had a high number.. Wait for the next tour, i'm sure you'll get something better ! (:

please revise your post as i'm sure you meant something completely different than what you actually posted.
    thanks.
    Vice President of the Synchronicity Club.
  • Rodger3478 wrote:
    Im sorry I had 10 row for thunderbay..

Great time!

same here....
    Thunder Bay - 2005
    Toronto - 2003
    Cincinnati - 2000
  • 3 posts, and a screen name with 2005 in the title. Immmmmmmmm gonna guess you're a newb. Whats your member # then start complaining. Werd

Good call.
    Broken Heart don't feel so bad, ain't got half of what you thought you had".
  • manicmailmanmanicmailman Posts: 9
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by manicmailman on
  • you'll live
  • Was in Kitchener last night. Got Floor seats - Row X. Sucked big time for being a member...

My only advice, never try to get 10 club tickets again. Really, you sound like the type that will never be happy so why put your self through the pain of not getting exactly what you want in life.

The 2005 thing really has no basis on what their fanclub seats were, I've been a 10C member for a few years, but only joined the forum this past year. Just sayin'.
  • Was there really a bad seat in the Aud last night? I didn't see one. I was off to one of the sides and was in the very top row. They were still great!

And yes they were 10C.

I will also say that I thought the 10C staff did an excellent job in distributing the tickets at the Aud. Small lines and no hassles. Very organized and well done.

Thanks!
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    nevmiles wrote:
    I was row Z on the floor . . . (and a 10C member too)

I thought it was okay - sure I'd have loved to be closer (or up the sides) but I wasn't about to complain. I said, well, they could be worse and I got blitzed and rocked out the whole fuckin' show. My throat was torn to shreds afterwards from yelling and singing the entire show. Loved it.

i, too, was row z (stupid 5-year lapse in membership), but i'm not complaining either. the show was awesome. i knew i wasn't going to get close seats with my (newest) membership number, and i'm happy with that.
  • VinceVince Posts: 174
    jesus fucking christ. did you get to see the band? I am hoping for good seats and I made the drive from the states. but you know what this will be my 8-9 time seeing the band and I really don't care where my seats are. i just hope they play LOUD!
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • I've never been on the floor for any show by any band so just to be there felt cool, whether I could see the whole time or not.

I'm pretty much on the floor for every show I've been to, and of the previous 3 times I've seen PJ there hasn't been SEATS on the floor area. wtf is with that? I was on the floor in London, and the security was so tight it was pathetic.... I'm not a fan of sitting down during a show, not that anyone did anyways, everyone was standing the entire time, but to have floor tickets with seating is just garbage in my opinion. Thats why I've always prefered outdoor concerts better....

has the entire tour had floor 'seating' as well? every venue? just curious....
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    RaiderFan wrote:
    I'm pretty much on the floor for every show I've been to, and of the previous 3 times I've seen PJ there hasn't been SEATS on the floor area. wtf is with that? I was on the floor in London, and the security was so tight it was pathetic.... I'm not a fan of sitting down during a show, not that anyone did anyways, everyone was standing the entire time, but to have floor tickets with seating is just garbage in my opinion. Thats why I've always prefered outdoor concerts better....

has the entire tour had floor 'seating' as well? every venue? just curious....

Pearl Jam hasn't had a GA show since that big day in 2000 . . .

I agree that security is a bit too tight on the floor. We were on the aisle and security kept making sure everbody didn't have so much as a TOE over the precious fluorescent pink line on the floor (i.e. b/c you'd be stepping in the aisle). I think it became a bit more lax as the show went on though because I think I was pretty much in the aisle during Baba & YL :)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Same with us, we had aisle seats, my buddy would shove over a foot or two into the aisle for a better view and within seconds security was there to tell him to move back.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I'd sue the TC if I were you...row X, wow they must have been ants
  • If they come to Europe next year (puleez) it's gonna be really intriguing as to how they do the seating as normally over here it's GA. Would prefer GA, but might have good chance of getting close up with 10C seats if they do it the same way they're doing now.

Fingers crossed either way.

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• OffRamp wrote:
    If they come to Europe next year (puleez) it's gonna be really intriguing as to how they do the seating as normally over here it's GA. Would prefer GA, but might have good chance of getting close up with 10C seats if they do it the same way they're doing now.

Fingers crossed either way.

I think they'll do it the same as the last few years and have seats everywhere. We should all get pretty awesome 10C tickets over here as there are nowhere near as many members. I was in floor row 16 in Calgary and on the side row 10 in Vancouver, only been a member for a year and a half so was pretty chuffed.
    'I wish i came from a country that never went to war, I wish i came from a country that took care of its poor,
    Maybe someday that will change, in the place from where we came,
    But in the mean time thanks for the example, in the mean time thanks for giving us hope...'
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    RaiderFan wrote:
    Same with us, we had aisle seats, my buddy would shove over a foot or two into the aisle for a better view and within seconds security was there to tell him to move back.

In most cares, the security needs to keep the aisles clear in order to adhere to the fire department's rules regarding clear exit paths, etc.

I have seen shpws get shut down by the fire department for overcrowding, so having to stay in the proper rows is a small price to pay!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I'd sue the TC if I were you...row X, wow they must have been ants

That would be like suing someone of they wouldn't have sex with you on the first date!

Attending your first show with 10C tix is like a first date...ya gotta be happy just holding the bands' hand, or maybe a peck on the cheek at the end of the night!.....the more steamy action will come once you have more seniority!
  • I understand that, but they need to relax a little. I wouldn't want the aisles full of people either obstructing other people's views, but when your standing no more than a foot in the aisle, I'm sure thats not a huge problem.
    Yet they have like 100 of these dudes crowding the aisles walking up and down with their flashlights acting like tough enforcers, like a riot or something is gonna break out.... gimme a break.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    That would be like suing someone of they wouldn't have sex with you on the first date!
    i tried that before because i took this woman on a date and spent money on some food and entertainment and when it was time for her to pony up...she dashed.
    my lawyer said it wouldn't stand up in court, but i still try from time to time to get the money i spent on her from her parents.
    Vice President of the Synchronicity Club.
  • I hear you... everybody wants great seats. My 10c number isn't great 238xxx, been a member for a few years but I think I renewed late once... anyways... Last time in Montreal I got really good seats in the stands a bit in front on Stone's side, maybe tenth row. Way better than those I could get by sleeping in my car while waiting for ticketmaster to open. Since my number is so big I hope I don't get floor seats for tomorrow's show cause I know those will be in the back of the floor. *crossing fingers for red section seats* *will probably faint if in 10 first rows of floor*

I know I'm not going to make friends with diehards but it would be nice if next tour 10c members local/regional to the venue get a preferred treatment. It could be something like 1 out of 3 seat pairs is boosted for a "local" member. That wouldn't be unreasonnable IMO.

All that said, can't wait for tomorrow and I'm really glad I didn't have to do the ticketmaster sleepover.