Options

NFL Survivor Pool

Comments

• Options
    still 6 left....and 2 people have done it w/o using Denver.
    This week Vegas likes the Packers & Dolphins.
    Should be interesting!
    I don't know what I think about the 2 people who used Denver last week against Jacksonville.
    Was it a good move? A sure thing?
    Or should they have saved Denver for later on?
    I don't know.

I am still sitting on Denver, Seattle, S.F., K.C.
    I am happy.
    I have tried my best to stay away from the "obvious" pick, trying to be "alone" with my pick.
    Never before was in a survivor pool. Win or lose it has been fun.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,592
    still 6 left....and 2 people have done it w/o using Denver.
    This week Vegas likes the Packers & Dolphins.
    Should be interesting!
    I don't know what I think about the 2 people who used Denver last week against Jacksonville.
    Was it a good move? A sure thing?
    Or should they have saved Denver for later on?
    I don't know.

I am still sitting on Denver, Seattle, S.F., K.C.
    I am happy.
    I have tried my best to stay away from the "obvious" pick, trying to be "alone" with my pick.
    Never before was in a survivor pool. Win or lose it has been fun.

I took Denver in this pool because I got burned by Atlanta the week before in another pool. Last week I wanted the sure thing so I could live to fight another day. I was hoping the other 5 people would go out last week but nobody helped me out! :twisted:
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    jeff2040 wrote:

I took Denver in this pool because I got burned by Atlanta the week before in another pool. Last week I wanted the sure thing so I could live to fight another day. I was hoping the other 5 people would go out last week but nobody helped me out! :twisted:
    I was THRILLED to survive the last 2 weeks using Greenbay and the Bears. I figured I had to use one or both of them at some point, so I went back to back with both teams winning at home. Being a Bears fan there was NO DOUBT in my mind one of those teams was going to screw me. :lol::lol::lol:
    But I survived.
  • Options
    jeff2040 wrote:

I was THRILLED to survive the last 2 weeks using Greenbay and the Bears. I figured I had to use one or both of them at some point, so I went back to back with both teams winning at home. Being a Bears fan there was NO DOUBT in my mind one of those teams was going to screw me. :lol::lol::lol:
    But I survived.

I think I'm taking the fudge Packers this week... it will be the only time I root for Green Bay! :lol:
    In no faith
  • Options
    jeff2040 wrote:
    jeff2040 wrote:

But I survived.

I think I'm taking the fudge Packers this week... it will be the only time I root for Green Bay! :lol:
    K.C at home.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I'm still not buying what the Chiefs are selling.

And they already played the Jags.
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    I'm still not buying what the Chiefs are selling.

And they already played the Jags.
    Ill buy them at home...
    Against a Houston team that is all beat up....
  • Options
    K.C wins this week, and I move on?
    I have 3 straight weeks of

Denver at home
    Seattle at home
    Frisco at home

Then I may have to use my head.
    And that's when the trouble starts.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    This thing could end any week. Still lacking payment from one participant, supernaut1125. I removed a couple that were too late.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    This thing could end any week. Still lacking payment from one participant, supernaut1125. I removed a couple that were too late.
    I like my chances...
    :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:

But we will see.
  • Options
    Even though the 49ers are making the cross country trip to Jacksonville I still feel pretty confident about this week. The Chargers made the same trip last week and handled the Jags pretty easily.
    In no faith
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    jeff2040 wrote:
    Even though the 49ers are making the cross country trip to Jacksonville I still feel pretty confident about this week. The Chargers made the same trip last week and handled the Jags pretty easily.

Isnt this game in London? (For real....)
    I am still taking SF. The Jags are fucking inept. Unless the 49ers miss their flight across the pond there is no way the Jags beat them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    jeff2040 wrote:

Isnt this game in London? (For real....)
    I am still taking SF. The Jags are fucking inept. Unless the 49ers miss their flight across the pond there is no way the Jags beat them.

I guess it is in London but like you said it shouldn't matter with this game.
    In no faith
  • Options
    I wanted to take Carolina
    I should have taken Carolina
    I was all over Carolina
    And then I didn't take Carolina..

Thursday night games are just fucking weird.

That said
    I wish I took Carolina!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I stay the hell away from the Thursday night games unless I have no real alternatives.
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    I try to avoid the Thursday night games at all costs.
    I hear ya.
    But last nights game was damn near as close to a "sure bet" as you can get.
    I was all over the 49ers this Sunday, until I found out they are in London. Now I want nothing to do with that game. I don't care if they are playing Jacksonville or if they are playing a Girl Scout troop. Im stayin away from that game.

Denver or Seattle.
  • Options
    I was all over the 49ers this Sunday, until I found out they are in London.
    Yeah, I can see that. I think I'm still gonna stick with the Niners, but I'm not as confident in that pick as I was when I made it.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    I dont think Jacksonville even scores this week. Niners destroy them.
    (I also wish I picked Carolina. I bet on them with the spread but sold myself that picking Niners over Jags was a safer pick. Time will tell!)
  • Options
    I dont think Jacksonville even scores this week. Niners destroy them.
    (I also wish I picked Carolina. I bet on them with the spread but sold myself that picking Niners over Jags was a safer pick. Time will tell!)
    Niners should indeed destroy them.
    I just wish I had some balls, and had just taken Carolina.

:P
  • Options
    Seattle loses and I am the only one knocked out this week?

I have a feeling not too many people here, are going to be cheering for Seattle this evening.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you're safe this week.
  • Options
    Aaaaaannnnd...

Looking ahead to next week: Bears in Green Bay on Monday night. I'm the only one still left in this thing who hasn't used the Packers. I can't NOT take them, can I?
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    JTH wrote:
    Aaaaaannnnd...

Looking ahead to next week: Bears in Green Bay on Monday night. I'm the only one still left in this thing who hasn't used the Packers. I can't NOT take them, can I?
    If you guys haven't checked it out, the stat page has some interesting percentages and tell how many players have each team still to pick.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Score differential and wins left. Indeed interesting....and of course all it takes is one week's pick to kill us!
  • Options
    Never a doubt in my mind... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But I screwed this up...
    I backed off of the 49ers(for no reason other than I was an idiot)....
    And now I am kind of screwed next week...Both the 49ers and Denver are off.
    Had I just taken the 49ers in London, I would now have back to back weeks of Seattle and Denver at home.
    I fucked this all up. Now I am leaning towards Cincy? on the road or Dallas at home. :|:|:|
  • Options

But I screwed this up...
    Had I just taken the 49ers in London, I would now have back to back weeks of Seattle and Denver at home.
    I fucked this all up. Now I am leaning towards Cincy? on the road or Dallas at home. :|:|:|

I say you flip a coin on the Eagles/Raiders game! :lol:
    In no faith
  • Options

But I screwed this up...

I dont like this week either....
  • Options

But I screwed this up...

I dont like this week either....
    I had it so damned easy for the next 3 weeks, had I just taken the 49ers over Jacksonville in London. Easily the worst decision I have made regarding this pool. Next week isn't going to be easy for anyone. Except of course for the guy still sitting on Green Bay. They should beat the Bears by 30 or so.
  • Options
    I'm taking the Pack. If I'm eliminated, that's the game I want to be wrong on.

But I'm not going to be wrong.
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    I'm taking the Pack. If I'm eliminated, that's the game I want to be wrong on.

But I'm not going to be wrong.
    Packers 48
    Bears 14