So a woman I work with . . .

2»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Or get a couple more bags for it and put it in your pants.
    Whhaaaaaa? :think:

Yeah, try and eliminate the stink, hide it in your pants.

What a bunch of noobs. :lol:
    I'm no noob.... I think I've always just let it stink! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    l090615_bonnaroo_reznor.jpg

:lol::lol: :shock: , no Different Day, this was years ago
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm no noob.... I think I've always just let it stink! :lol:

That doesn't fly here :lol:
  • l090615_bonnaroo_reznor.jpg

:lol::lol: :shock: , no Different Day, this was years ago

The sweat is a bit distracting, I understand.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    you did as you saw fit. generally the workplace is no place to fuck around w/ any sorta drug substances.

be well
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • i cant wait to get high on something tonight after reading this thread....finding a couple bags of smeeg en route to the bar tonight would be nice......
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    hedonist wrote:
    As a regular partaker, I think you did the right thing - especially working in HR!

Even if you were a regular smoker, work is work; gotta keep 'em separated :mrgreen:

(but...HOW could the woman not recognize that dee-lish scent?!)

it's funny you say that hedo, because it didn't smell at all until I opened it up and took a deep whiff. They do drug test here too, not when I started (whew!) but they do drug test applicants now.

I just don't understand why they brought it to work, unless of course, they just picked it up on their lunch hour. It's not like it's hard to find here in Philly. :P

We used to hire separately from the other division here, and they tested and we didn't. Then, we combined our acquistion resources and now everyone is tested. We had someone - a long time employee - apply for a job over there, only to fail the drug test and lose their job. What a damn shame that was.
    Drives me nuts! Legalize it and apply the same basic parameters as we do with alcohol. On the bright side, it appears the Feds are going to be more lenient.

Ya done well, P & E ;)

(Oh, and yo, JP :wave: I like those fellas :mrgreen: )
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    You didn't think that PJ may be doing another Cdn tour and that we may run into each other again? Silly, girl! ;)

:D I didn't recognize your user name there at first, nice to see you. :D

Again, I'm in HUMAN RESOURCES. :lol:

and I didn't need to test anything, all I had to do was smell it. I think I did the right thing, the HR Manager is not here today and by flushing it, end of story. They won't look at any tapes or anything to see if they can determine who it may have belonged to. No need to get someone in trouble for a dime bag, but even so, why do you have it at work?
    Maybe they weren't going straight home after work.
  • "Fuck, I forgot to take that out this morning!"

*chucks it*
    "Fuck, I forgot to take that out this morning!"

*chucks it*
    This conversation is so weird to me. :lol: Last week I had a board meeting and one of the board members - a high level Administrator at the university (like just about everyone else there), came in just reeking of weed. He stunk up the whole room. he clearly had a bag of it in his pocket (and very well may have smoked some before coming to the meeting and possibly had the roach in his pocket). No one batted an eye. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    canada ... they embrace the sticky skunky fruit
    why?
    because they have great common sense & have a wonderful green thumb & just as wonderful are their harbours :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

*chucks it*
    This conversation is so weird to me. :lol: Last week I had a board meeting and one of the board members - a high level Administrator at the university (like just about everyone else there), came in just reeking of weed. He stunk up the whole room. he clearly had a bag of it in his pocket (and very well may have smoked some before coming to the meeting and possibly had the roach in his pocket). No one batted an eye. :lol:

Canadia gives less shits about weed. It's a beautiful thing
  • chadwick wrote:
    why?
    because they have great common sense & have a wonderful green thumb & just as wonderful are their harbours :mrgreen:

And awesome fishing.

You can add that in
  • chadwick wrote:
    why?

the sticky skunky fruit.... I love it. I never met you chadwick but I will say you make me fuckin laugh often.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    just came up to me and said, what does this look like to you? Is this drugs?

At first I thought she was showing me a bug in a bag, but it wasn't a bug, it was a BUD, packaged in a nice little baggy. And it had a very strong smell. She found it in the stairwell. Someone is none too happy right now.

Before anyone gives me crap, I'm in HR and had no choice but to flush it. But boy did that smell bring back memories. :lol:

Wait, weed is a drug??? Since when??? 8-) :fp:
  • So I mentioned it to my boss, the HR manager, who said I did the right thing. She said, it could be anybody's. :lol: She said it would be different if it were a large amount, she said she's not going to launch an investigation for a dime bag. I had to tell her because I know the employee who gave it to me would mention it to her as well.

I love my boss.

Then she said, it'll be legal soon anyway.

so, the only one who is not ok with this situation is the one who dropped the bag. :lol:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    PJ_Soul wrote:

*chucks it*

A few of years back (I think it was 07 or 08) I was reading an article about how Canadian marajuana had actually surpassed wheat as our country's No. 1 export in terms of $ value...

I wonder if that still holds true...

anyway, the point is, most people in Canada (with the exception of oil and gas companies) don't give a shit about pot or drug testing for that matter...

What I find ironic though is that USA legalized it first.... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

*chucks it*

A few of years back (I think it was 07 or 08) I was reading an article about how Canadian marajuana had actually surpassed wheat as our country's No. 1 export in terms of $ value...

I wonder if that still holds true...

anyway, the point is, most people in Canada (with the exception of oil and gas companies) don't give a shit about pot or drug testing for that matter...

What I find ironic though is that USA legalized it first.... :lol:
    Yes, that is ironic! I don't think I've ever actually met a Canadian who has been drug tested through work. It seems so wrong to me..... Of course, this irony is just because of our stupid Conservative government. Something like 80% of Canadians actually support its legalization or decriminalization, yet the stupid old boys running our federal government don't care. Drugs are bad, m'kay...... the US starting to legalize might push us there faster though, since it was Harper's shit eating fear of the US that has also been holding us back.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yes, that is ironic! I don't think I've ever actually met a Canadian who has been drug tested through work. It seems so wrong to me..... Of course, this irony is just because of our stupid Conservative government. Something like 80% of Canadians actually support its legalization or decriminalization, yet the stupid old boys running our federal government don't care. Drugs are bad, m'kay...... the US starting to legalize might push us there faster though, since it was Harper's shit eating fear of the US that has also been holding us back.

Clearly you've never met anyone who works in the oil and gas business, or in heavy equipment manufacturing then. ;)

Most people I know get drug tested for work. If you're in a role where you go offshore, work around heavy machinery, fabricate things (i.e. there are more safety considerations than you tripping walking down the hall), most companies require a drug test... What's stupid about it is that the most commonly administered drug test will only pick up marajuana beyond a 48 hour period. Every other drug they test for, if you haven't used it in 48 hours it won't show up... so if you fail a drug test for something like alcohol, coke or E... you're pretty much a fucking idiot.

I wouldn't say that it's just the conservative government that's holding back the legalization... but I definitely agree that with the US moving in that direction, Canada won't be long to follow...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • i can't think of anything witty to say.
    maybe i should have dropped something in the hall.
    shep wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Clearly you've never met anyone who works in the oil and gas business, or in heavy equipment manufacturing then. ;)

Most people I know get drug tested for work. If you're in a role where you go offshore, work around heavy machinery, fabricate things (i.e. there are more safety considerations than you tripping walking down the hall), most companies require a drug test... What's stupid about it is that the most commonly administered drug test will only pick up marajuana beyond a 48 hour period. Every other drug they test for, if you haven't used it in 48 hours it won't show up... so if you fail a drug test for something like alcohol, coke or E... you're pretty much a fucking idiot.

I wouldn't say that it's just the conservative government that's holding back the legalization... but I definitely agree that with the US moving in that direction, Canada won't be long to follow...
    True, I have never known anyone who works in the oil or gas industry (or, actually now I do... A pothead friend of mine went up to the tar sands last year... but he doesn't get drug tested either). Only trades people - construction, electricians, gas fitters... none of them have to test. People who drive fork lifts and stuff don't have to test - not any of the people I've known anyway. But I can see if someone works the huge cranes at the docks or something they might have to test.... although that marijuana would be a restricted substance while booze is okay is completely beyond me. And to test people who work in offices or stores or whatever is absolutely ludicrous. I don't think it's really done in BC. I've never heard of it.
  • you should do a lottery and the winner gets the bag at the office!! :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”