So a woman I work with . . .

PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
just came up to me and said, what does this look like to you? Is this drugs?

At first I thought she was showing me a bug in a bag, but it wasn't a bug, it was a BUD, packaged in a nice little baggy. And it had a very strong smell. She found it in the stairwell. Someone is none too happy right now.

Before anyone gives me crap, I'm in HR and had no choice but to flush it. But boy did that smell bring back memories. :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You didn't think that PJ may be doing another Cdn tour and that we may run into each other again? Silly, girl! ;)

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• I am disappointed you didnt send it to the lab for diagnostic testing.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Heart Breaking :(
  • You didn't think that PJ may be doing another Cdn tour and that we may run into each other again? Silly, girl! ;)

:D I didn't recognize your user name there at first, nice to see you. :D

Again, I'm in HUMAN RESOURCES. :lol:

and I didn't need to test anything, all I had to do was smell it. I think I did the right thing, the HR Manager is not here today and by flushing it, end of story. They won't look at any tapes or anything to see if they can determine who it may have belonged to. No need to get someone in trouble for a dime bag, but even so, why do you have it at work?

:D I didn't recognize your user name there at first, nice to see you. :D

Again, I'm in HUMAN RESOURCES. :lol:

and I didn't need to test anything, all I had to do was smell it. I think I did the right thing, the HR Manager is not here today and by flushing it, end of story. They won't look at any tapes or anything to see if they can determine who it may have belonged to. No need to get someone in trouble for a dime bag, but even so, why do you have it at work?
    Prescription?
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Before anyone gives me crap, I'm in HR and had no choice but to flush it. But boy did that smell bring back memories. :lol:

"Flushed it" huh? ;)
  • pure and easy, if you wanna taste the finest around come to our tailgate in philly....
  • law21 wrote:
    pure and easy, if you wanna taste the finest around come to our tailgate in philly....

thanks for the invite, but I haven't partaken in that in a loooong time. Probably since Canada, now that I think about it. :lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    What a waste of perfectly good weed. :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

I know, but I felt I had no choice, if I made a big deal out of it, they would have done an investigation and someone could have got fired. But I also couldn't ignore the situation when it was brought directly to my attention.

Sorry to bring pain to some of you hard core stoners out there. :lol:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    As a regular partaker, I think you did the right thing - especially working in HR!

Even if you were a regular smoker, work is work; gotta keep 'em separated :mrgreen:

(but...HOW could the woman not recognize that dee-lish scent?!)
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I know, but I felt I had no choice, if I made a big deal out of it, they would have done an investigation and someone could have got fired. But I also couldn't ignore the situation when it was brought directly to my attention.

Sorry to bring pain to some of you hard core stoners out there. :lol:
    :lol:
    Well, watcha gonna do? I don't think you had much of a choice given the circumstances .... still a waste of weed. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonist wrote:
    gotta keep 'em separated :mrgreen:

Thanks, now I'll be singing that song all day! :fp: :lol::lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • hedonist wrote:
    As a regular partaker, I think you did the right thing - especially working in HR!

Even if you were a regular smoker, work is work; gotta keep 'em separated :mrgreen:

(but...HOW could the woman not recognize that dee-lish scent?!)

it's funny you say that hedo, because it didn't smell at all until I opened it up and took a deep whiff. They do drug test here too, not when I started (whew!) but they do drug test applicants now.

I just don't understand why they brought it to work, unless of course, they just picked it up on their lunch hour. It's not like it's hard to find here in Philly. :P

We used to hire separately from the other division here, and they tested and we didn't. Then, we combined our acquistion resources and now everyone is tested. We had someone - a long time employee - apply for a job over there, only to fail the drug test and lose their job. What a damn shame that was.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    shoulda ate it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    shoulda ate it
    :lol:
    Like 20 people got off an elevator at work once and some guy and me step in and there's a small bag of coke on the floor, i look at him he looks at me we look at the coke and then he says, "I'm not touching it"-"Me Either" and we left it there. 8-)

Now if he hadnt of been there...i'd had a new experience that night :twisted:
  • I found a bunch of bags of coke once getting out of my car to pick up a pizza for my family.

that's all I'll say abou that. :lol:
  • Like 20 people got off an elevator at work once and some guy and me step in and there's a small bag of coke on the floor, i look at him he looks at me we look at the coke and then he says, "I'm not touching it"-"Me Either" and we left it there. 8-)

Really? Coke is for complete idiots.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
    I found a bunch of bags of coke once getting out of my car to pick up a pizza for my family.

that's all I'll say abou that. :lol:
    I'd never do any kind of drug other than weed if I found it on the street. Not unless I had access to some kind of drug testing lab to make sure that it wasn't going to kill me or something. :lol: But weed is pretty safe to pick up off the sidewalk and smoke. :lol: I have found bags of weed before, and I did smoke it. I have a friend who found a garbage bag of weed in a ditch. :shock: It freaked her right out, but she was a massive pot head so took it anyway... Later she saw on the news that a Hell's Angel's house only a couple of blocks from there had been raided earlier that day. We assume that the garbage bag full of weed was a desperate ditch job on the part of the Hell's Angels. :? Anyway, she was high for a long time after that. :lol:
    Like 20 people got off an elevator at work once and some guy and me step in and there's a small bag of coke on the floor, i look at him he looks at me we look at the coke and then he says, "I'm not touching it"-"Me Either" and we left it there. 8-)

I know a whole lot of people who aren't idiots who have done coke before, me included (like, 3 times in my life).
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,646
    I found a bunch of sweet smelling leaves in the trash at a place I used to work at and told one of the others there about it- a baby boomer woman about my age. She said, "I wouldn't have known it was pot. I've never seen pot before".

Baby boomer. California. Never seen pot?

Is that possible? :lol::lol::lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I hear what you're saying, we were a little leary but survived. It was a long time ago too. :)

I remember my brother was in a car crash and took his stash (pot) and shoved under a tree on somebody's front lawn. Went back a week later and it was still there. :lol:

I'm getting old, new experiences are valuable to me.
  • chadwick wrote:
    shoulda ate it

Exactly what I was thinking.

Or get a couple more bags for it and put it in your pants.
  • Like 20 people got off an elevator at work once and some guy and me step in and there's a small bag of coke on the floor, i look at him he looks at me we look at the coke and then he says, "I'm not touching it"-"Me Either" and we left it there. 8-)

Was it Trent's?

Was it Trent's?

Like Terence Trent D'arby's? :wtf:

Whhaaaaaa? :think:

Was it Trent's?

Like Terence Trent D'arby's? :wtf:

l090615_bonnaroo_reznor.jpg
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

Whhaaaaaa? :think:

Yeah, try and eliminate the stink, hide it in your pants.

What a bunch of noobs. :lol: