PS4 or Xbox One

2»

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I don't know about the XB1, but I know reports from Sony-land are that the PS4 runs considerably cooler than the PS3. Hopefully that'll lead to fewer breakdowns.
    With both systems gearing more towards digital downloads, that too should help keep things cooler....though I am still partial to an actual disc.
    I'd expect both systems to be less prone to overheating and breakdowns.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    mca47 wrote:
    I don't know about the XB1, but I know reports from Sony-land are that the PS4 runs considerably cooler than the PS3. Hopefully that'll lead to fewer breakdowns.
    With both systems gearing more towards digital downloads, that too should help keep things cooler....though I am still partial to an actual disc.

That does sound hopeful, i haven't bought a psychical game in year at least, maybe two.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    You're probably right, and with full game installs the disc won't be spinning away.

With MS increasing their hardware speed, hopefully they have tested it a bit to prevent unwanted rings of disaster :P
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Rygar wrote:
    With MS increasing their hardware speed, hopefully they have tested it a bit to prevent unwanted rings of disaster :P
    I find it odd and risky that they are tweaking the system a few months before launch.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    I find it odd and risky that they are tweaking the system a few months before launch.
    Yes it is a little strange but hopefully they know what they're doing.

fc,220x200,black.u1.jpg