PS4 or Xbox One

JexJex Posts: 288
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
The next generation is coming. Which side are you on? Many of you are already talking about it and now I feel its time for an official poll. Tell us which one you are choosing and why. If you are getting both then just tell us why both.

I'll start us off...
PS4: I'm a long time playstation fan and like the general format of the playstation better than the xbox.

The Score:

PS4-13

XBOX ONE-2

Both-2

Super Nintendo-1
"Mine is mine and yours won't take its place.."
1.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 / 2.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 / 3.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 / 4.iWireless Center Moline, IL 10-17-2014 / 5.Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 / 6.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2016 / 7.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-22-2016 / 8.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-18-2018 / 9.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'd like a reason to get both.

PS4 is a certain.
  • PS4, though honestly, I won't be purchasing it for a few years. Too much money for me.

Regardless of the modifications that microsoft has made, they really rubbed me the wrong way. And having owned a ps1, ps2, xbox, and xbox 360, I think I'm ready to go back to the Playstation here at some point.
  • achon44achon44 Posts: 104
    PS4 for me. I've been true to the PS family ever since I made the jump to PS1 from Sega Genesis.
    Cuyahoga Falls, OH 07-29-92....Cleveland, OH 03-22-94....Cleveland, OH 05-09-10....Chicago, IL 07-19-13....
    San Diego, CA 11-21-13.... Los Angeles, CA 11-23-13....Los Angeles, CA 11-24-13....Oakland, CA 11-27-13
  • PS4...but not for at least a year.

I got the original PS for Christmas before anyone had heard of it. Went to Xbox after that. Then about 5 years ago got a PS3 as a gift. Liked it better than the Xbox, so will probably stick when my PS3 becomes obsolete.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    PS4 for me. I consider myself a huge baseball fan, and I hear I am missing out by never once playing MLB The Show. I am tired of depriving myself of playing it. I have only owned a 360 in years past, and the 2k baseball games have been disappointing. I have never played The Show, but I have heard it is AMAZING. I can only imagine how great it will be on the Ps4. I must get a PS4 this time around
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    PS4 for me. I consider myself a huge baseball fan, and I hear I am missing out by never once playing MLB The Show. I am tired of depriving myself of playing it. I have only owned a 360 in years past, and the 2k baseball games have been disappointing. I have never played The Show, but I have heard it is AMAZING. I can only imagine how great it will be on the Ps4. I must get a PS4 this time around
    The Show is amazing! The best sports game out there. I jus wish that team would do other sports games! :(
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    I just bought a Super Nintendo recently so I'm good for a while :lol:

I still remember exactly what to do in every level of each Mario game :shock:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I just bought a Super Nintendo recently so I'm good for a while :lol:

I still remember exactly what to do in every level of each Mario game :shock:
    I never had a Super Nintendo, but if I played Mario 1 thru 3 on NES, I'd def know exactly what to do. :lol: ....well, maybe not #2 as that game fn sucked! :lol:
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    edited September 2013
    XB1 for me, as I like the 360 much better than PS3 in all imaginable areas (other than storage options).
    Not planning on getting it for a while though.
    Post edited by Rygar on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    im going PS4.

Started this round with a 360. Liked it. Had one break one month out of warranty. Bought a new one, better with the HDMI cable. Eventually got a price dropped PS3 for mainly a blu ray player and netflix receiver. Eventually dusted it off for games and I very much prefer ps3. Runs quieter (and seems faster), mlb the show, better interface imo, and the Wifi is seamless compared to 360.
  • I think I'll get the PS4 on black friday at Walmart. Ha! no fucking way, I'd rather suck my own eyeballs out through a straw. But I will get it in maybe a year or so. I've had the PS3 for a long time with no issues. I dont play a ton of games (maybe 2-3 a year) but use it for bluray and netflix streaming.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I think I'll get the PS4 on black friday at Walmart. Ha! no fucking way, I'd rather suck my own eyeballs out through a straw. But I will get it in maybe a year or so. I've had the PS3 for a long time with no issues. I dont play a ton of games (maybe 2-3 a year) but use it for bluray and netflix streaming.

:lol::lol:

I'm the same as you except with xbox 360...I usually buy 2, maybe 3 games a year. Always the new NHL game and then usually Tiger Woods and COD. I'll probably wait until sometime next year. $500 for a new xbox isn't exactly at the top of my list of things that I need right now...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    PS4, but i wouldn't buy either for the first 6 months, let them work the bugs out, those first wave of consoles always seem to break down or burn out.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    PS4, but i wouldn't buy either for the first 6 months, let them work the bugs out, those first wave of consoles always seem to break down or burn out.
    That is the smart thing to do ... however I'm not that smart cause I got a PS4 on pre-order :P

But really, you have no idea what the first round of issues are going to be and it's going to take a year to get a decent library of games together. I love my current 360 (newer model) but the first one i had got the red ring of death three times ... and it was as quite as a blackhawk helicopter taking off.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PS4.... Halfway through The Last of Us and already hoping for a next gen sequel from Naughty Dog.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Jason P wrote:
    That is the smart thing to do ... however I'm not that smart cause I got a PS4 on pre-order :P

But really, you have no idea what the first round of issues are going to be and it's going to take a year to get a decent library of games together. I love my current 360 (newer model) but the first one i had got the red ring of death three times ... and it was as quite as a blackhawk helicopter taking off.
    This.
    Both my PS3 and 360 early editions were junk, have actually gone through one more PS3 than 360...
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Ps4. But probably not until spring of next year when the show comes out.
  • Both... Each one of my sons, is inbedded in each system and it is too late to break this :lol: :fp:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Both... Each one of my sons, is inbedded in each system and it is too late to break this :lol: :fp:
    When in doubt....get both! :D
  • Speaking as someone who stood in line overnight to get a 360 at launch but has also had a PS3 since Spring 2008, I've always leaned more to the 360 (I actually have one upstairs and downstairs :lol: ) despite going through six units due to hardware failure.

Having said that, I have been enjoying my PS3 a lot more recently due to all the free games you get if you pay for PS+ as well as The Show simply being the greatest sports game ever. I used to think MS had the best exclusives with Halo, Gears of War, Forza, etc., but I'm pretty sure I've switched on that argument. Between The Show, Uncharted, God of War, Infamous, etc. I think it really just comes down to what you enjoy. Halo and Forza are much better than Killzone and Gran Turismo IMO, but The Show and whatever Naughty Dog puts out tip the scales slightly towards Sony for me. I still get all multi-platform games on the 360 though, as Live kills PSN (not counting Plus) and all my friends seem to have a 360.

I will eventually get both, but I will have a PS4 day one.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    I've always leaned more to the 360 (I actually have one upstairs and downstairs :lol: ) despite going through six units due to hardware failure.

:o that's BS on Microsoft's part
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I've always leaned more to the 360 (I actually have one upstairs and downstairs :lol: ) despite going through six units due to hardware failure.

Yeah but they're both guilty. Actually any electronics maker is.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

It happened to me twice with 360...they were good about it both times.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

It happened to me twice with 360...they were good about it both times.
    I should mention that MS replaced my Resident Evil edition Elite last year out of warranty on their dime.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    On Microsofts behalf, I spent $260 in repairs the first two times I got the red ring of death. Soon after Microsoft admitted their was a problem, extended the warranty to 3 years, and amazingly sent me a refund check in the mail. The third death happened a month after the 3 year warranty.

My PS3 died a week after the 1 yr warranty :x

My atari and NES still work fine. :fp:
    Jason P wrote:
    On Microsofts behalf, I spent $260 in repairs the first two times I got the red ring of death. Soon after Microsoft admitted their was a problem, extended the warranty to 3 years, and amazingly sent me a refund check in the mail. The third death happened a month after the 3 year warranty.

My PS3 died a week after the 1 yr warranty :x

I ended up paying 200 dollars for a PS3 repair that lasted less than a year (got a YLOD refurb in exchange for one that had dead USB ports).
    Jason P wrote:

My NES finally died about a year ago. :(
    mca47 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

My NES finally died about a year ago. :(
    Mine is still working, my Sega Master System too!
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:

I should clarify that between either retailer warranty or MS warranty, I never had to pay for a new unit.

I wonder if MS contemplated releasing the XB1 the same day as the PS4 before deciding on a week later. I mean it's obvious why you wouldn't want to do that, but it would have been fun to see the clusterfuck it would create with retailers. :lol:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    mine went out 1 month out of my 3 year warranty... I called MS and tried every single trick of persuasion in the book for numerous phone calls and an hour or so... I was friendly, I was upset and couldnt afford, I yelled, I threatened to go exclusively to Sony, spoke to supervisors, etc. I eventually knew I was beat. This was in 2009 I want to say...

I think its bullshit that their machine failed with a very well known and widespread failure 1 month out, and they were going to charge me ($100-$150?) for the repair. With no bones thrown my way.