Options

***Official Toronto 2006 Meet-up Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I'll be wearing ripped jeans and a grey t-shirt with a ripped apart telecaster on the front of it. That's if you want to find me. I'm a tall dude, so I shouldn't be too hard to miss.

Oh, and don't call me Frank... :p

Me name's Matt.
  • Options
    I'll be wearing ripped jeans and a grey t-shirt with a ripped apart telecaster on the front of it. That's if you want to find me. I'm a tall dude, so I shouldn't be too hard to miss.

Oh, and don't call me Frank... :p

Me name's Matt.

if i see you ill be sure to yell in my drunkin stuper ... hey everyone...look its FRANK!!!!!! hahaha
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    MacTopherMacTopher Posts: 11
    I'll be there on the 10th with my bro. Can't wait to hang out with PJ fans!!! I'm doin' The Strokes show in Ottawa on the 9th and then the Jays and A's on the 11th for their nooner start. This week kicks ass!!!
    "Whisper through a Mega-phone"
    "Champagne breakfast for everyone"

Montreal 2000
    Montreal 2003
    Ottawa 2005
    Toronto 2006
    Montreal 2008-Vedder
    Toronto 2009
    Ottawa 2011
    Hartford 2013
  • Options
    PJ SparksPJ Sparks Posts: 83
    Kricket wrote:
    Wohooooo it's tomorrow!!!!!

Technically, it's today. Tomorrow is tomorrow. hahahaha. See when you get there. Scott and I will be the ones with the big excited eyes and smiles. Tonight's is gonna be a tough sleep I can tell!

PJ Sparks
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • Options
    24 hours to go!!!!!

ACCgoddess:

clear you PM's
  • Options
    im so excited i cant sleep
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm just trying to get ready and just had a few scared minutes - I couldn't find my reservation and finally had to do a search of the PJ BOARD to find what my hotel is. That's pretty sad. This time tomorrow night we'll be in the middle of the first show!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight either. I can't wait!

lol come on msn and keep me company
  • Options
    i can't wait till tomorrow, will be heading to the loose moose with a friend around 6....what makes it even better is i actually met mike today in a record store on bloor st.(while buying mirrorball, with my PJ hoddie on!!!), what an amazing time this will be....i am still on cloud 9!!! See you all tomorrow!!!
    Double Header T.O. '06
    Thunder Bay '05
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    i can't wait till tomorrow, will be heading to the loose moose with a friend around 6....what makes it even better is i actually met mike today in a record store on bloor st.(while buying mirrorball, with my PJ hoddie on!!!), what an amazing time this will be....i am still on cloud 9!!! See you all tomorrow!!!

really?? when was this? what store? thats awesome!!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001

wow!!! congrats!!! tell us about your meeting! :D:D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    173rdVET173rdVET Posts: 4
    Cant wait I am driving up from Cleveland. I still have an extra Ten Club ticket if someone is interested. I just planned on finding someone up there to hang with for the show. IF interested let me know, member 188xxx wherever that will put the seats. See ya tomorrow!
    "F@$K -it Dude, Lets go bowling" Walter Sobchak
  • Options
    fenixfenix Posts: 24
    uhhhhh.....i haven't really eaten all day cuz i'm so excited.....unfortunately everyone at work made fun of me.......so i came here for some understanding!!!

i'm taking a first time pj concert goer...long time fan.....can't wait to see the reaction!!!!

won't sleep tonite......my luck i'll pass out at the loose moose....oh my

see ya'll tomorrow!
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    I don't know about you guys but i'm gettin pissed up at the loose moose and than kicked in the nuts by PEarl Jam at the ACC
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    fenixfenix Posts: 24
    and what's the plan for afterwards??????

sigh, i may have missed it but am seriously too lazy to look all over...
  • Options
    fenix wrote:
    and what's the plan for afterwards??????

sigh, i may have missed it but am seriously too lazy to look all over...

i think probly back to the loose moose ... not to sure tho im slacking too lol
  • Options
    Royals17Royals17 Posts: 91
    I walked over to the ACC this evening(9:00pm) with my Dog just to see if anything was happening(I live 20 minutes away) and to my luck I was able to hear two songs being soundchecked. I put my ear against the door and at first I just heard some noodling and you never who it could be, possibly a guitar tech, or My Morning Jacket, but then I hear Ed's voice say something and I know it's them, then the guitar riff, Oh the Guitar riff, and then the chorus "Already in Love, Already" and I know it's Satan's Bed. I listened to them run through 3 times and they were bang on, it sounded amazing and tight. Then I heard Parachutes and it sounded awesome as well. I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!!
    98: Barrie
    00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
    01: Bridge
    03: Raleigh, Char, Buf, Det x2, Tor, Mont
    05: T-Bay, Kit, Lon, Ham, Tor
    06: Tor x2, Clev, Cin, Arnhem, Honolulu x2
    07: Vic, Lolla, Tor(EV) Body of War
    08: Van(EV) x2, Hart, Bos x2, Tor(EV) x2
    09: Tor
    10: Jazz Fest, Clev, Buf
    11: Det(EV), Tor x2, Ham
    12: FLL(EV)
    13: Pit, Buf, Cal
    14: Det, Den
    15: NYC
  • Options
    it was at sonic boom, i was flipping thru the PJ section and I looked up and there he was, directly across from me...I of course intoduced myself, and he proceeded to intro me to his wife, and shook my hand, asked me my name...I was so star stuck i looked like an ass, but didn't make a big scene cause no one else seemed to realize who he was, didn't ask for a pic or an autograph, I was just happy to meet him, let him know I was a huge fan, and hoped he enjoyed the rest of his day, he sure made mine!!! The weirdest thing is I had a conversation with a friend I am going to nite 2 in TO with and were joking around about meeting up with one of the band members downtown last nite....karma is good....he even said good day to me after he purchased his cds....
    Double Header T.O. '06
    Thunder Bay '05
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    that must have been a fun day then.

cool so there was stuff happening at the ACC?? i was gonna go down and check, but never did... thats awesome you heard some of it!! :D
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    oh and one more thing i called the loose moose and they said its 19 over only

that sucks cause one of my friends is only 18 :(

Really?!?!

I'm not gonna be drinking........do you think that matters??

I have an I.D. that works but I really hope I don't get down there at like 3:00 and not get in.........

Hopefully things go well :)

The bouncer at the Ben Harper Mod Club show bought the I.D.......and it works at The Beer Store all the time :)

lol....
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Really?!?!

I'm not gonna be drinking........do you think that matters??

I have an I.D. that works but I really hope I don't get down there at like 3:00 and not get in.........

Hopefully things go well :)

The bouncer at the Ben Harper Mod Club show bought the I.D.......and it works at The Beer Store all the time :)

lol....

as long as you have id im sure your fine
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    It feels like Christmas eve right now!!!

I'm so fuckin pumped.

I haven't been this pumped up for a concert since the last time I saw them.

I can't wait for tomorrow to come.

I'll be at the Loose Moose around 4:30 I hope...maybe a bit sooner. Cya guys there.
  • Options
    rideonrideon Posts: 23
    fenix wrote:
    uhhhhh.....i haven't really eaten all day cuz i'm so excited.....unfortunately everyone at work made fun of me.......so i came here for some understanding!!!

i'm taking a first time pj concert goer...long time fan.....can't wait to see the reaction!!!!

won't sleep tonite......my luck i'll pass out at the loose moose....oh my

see ya'll tomorrow!

HAHA, yeah i can feel with you haha. My friends at work made fun of me the whole day, they just can't belive that I'm flying to Toronto to see Pearl Jam. Haha. I agree, it's probably sick, but for me it's somehow worth spending the money, I've been waitting for 6 years to see another PJ show (I'm actually from Europe and missed the show last September in Vancouver). Anyways, they were laughing bout me and I'm too excited for tomorrow :D
    ::: chEErs roN :::
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    rideon wrote:
    HAHA, yeah i can feel with you haha. My friends at work made fun of me the whole day, they just can't belive that I'm flying to Toronto to see Pearl Jam. Haha. I agree, it's probably sick, but for me it's somehow worth spending the money, I've been waitting for 6 years to see another PJ show (I'm actually from Europe and missed the show last September in Vancouver). Anyways, they were laughing bout me and I'm too excited for tomorrow :D

lol... i didn't tell anyone at work what I was doing, but it's the same as you! We have a project in Toronto, so I've ingeniously masked it as a business trip... :)
  • Options
    Whoo!!

It's May 9th!!!

My birthday and PJ are finally here!! :):)

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    squidsquid Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Posts: 85
    Whoo!!

It's May 9th!!!

My birthday and PJ are finally here!! :):)

Well, a Happy Birthday to you then !!!
  • Options
    squid wrote:
    Well, a Happy Birthday to you then !!!

Hey thanks :D:D

You'll be there tomorrow right!!??

.NJD.
  • Options
    rideonrideon Posts: 23
    lol... i didn't tell anyone at work what I was doing, but it's the same as you! We have a project in Toronto, so I've ingeniously masked it as a business trip... :)

Haha 'n where are you coming from, Vancouver as well? Are we probably gonna be in the same flight?
    ::: chEErs roN :::
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    rideon wrote:
    Haha 'n where are you coming from, Vancouver as well? Are we probably gonna be in the same flight?

no, not quite the exact same... I'm in Florida, quite the opposite georgaphically, i guess... I have to be at the airport in 5 hours and I can't fucking sleep!
  • Options
    alexsalexs Posts: 5
    Help a fellow torontonian :D

Me and a friend might have to take the train to and back from Union on both nights...

It seems that the last train leaves at 1:20am.

Is this doable? I dont rememberr what time the show ended last time PJ was here...

thanks