Comments

• Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    It was $860 actually, crazy!!!!
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 949
    ahill721 wrote:
    That's a lot of $$$ to spend on a poster. If I was going to spend that $$$$ on PJ stuff it would be for a Benny, at least I could listen to it.

To each his own
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 503
    I said on another thread here, but combine PJ fans, with cubs fans, limited edition print, and once in a lifetime show, you get $860 for a print :lol:
  • Options
    I'd much rather spend it on a print that I'll look at everyday. How many times you gonna spin a 4 vinyl show?
    Indi4ence wrote:
    ahill721 wrote:
    That's a lot of $$$ to spend on a poster. If I was going to spend that $$$$ on PJ stuff it would be for a Benny, at least I could listen to it.

To each his own
  • Options
    I would rather put that money into a savings account. Then again, the buyer may be in a different income bracket then I am. If I could spend $875 to pay for a poster and shipping and still pay all my bills and be able to save a little, then maybe, but currently, no way!
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    I am 99 percent sure that was bid up by the guy selling it(or his friends but either way) no sane person would spend that much on that poster. Not a legit price.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    wow. wish i was that guy (the seller that is) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    I am 99 percent sure that was bid up by the guy selling it(or his friends but either way) no sane person would spend that much on that poster. Not a legit price.

I thought that too. He/she could bump up the price potentially to themselves.
  • Options
    SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
    Hoccapuk wrote:
    I said on another thread here, but combine PJ fans, with cubs fans, limited edition print, and once in a lifetime show, you get $860 for a print :lol:

Exactly, some folks are just bigger fans than others I suppose, apparently he can afford it so good for him, sure would look sweet on my wall!
    ShawnZ
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383
    ahill721 wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:

i have no doubts about that..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    ahill721 wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:

Win youre own ebay auction? Why do that?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Either do I. It happens ALL the time on ebay.
    ahill721 wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:

i have no doubts about that..
  • Options
    Win youre own ebay auction? Why do that?
    did u really just asked that?? :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    It's definitely possible/likely it was bid up but lots of people that have been following this band since the early 90's are now at the age/means to spend the money for what they always wanted. $800, $1000 or $2000 is not that much for "artwork" you're going to put up in your new home/apartment.
    pulling69 wrote:
  • Options
    I like how you guys just make shit up out of no where. "99 percent sure", "have no doubts", can you toss up some sort of proof other than i just got a feeling that there is shill bidding? also, can you prove that all of your "flippers" aren't donating all the money they make to charities and helping people? imo, most of you haters are living with a glass half empty attitude. i'm gonna go with a glass half full attitude and say that all your "flippers" are dropping their profits on cocaine and titty bars and aren't rigging their auctions, but i just like to think positively.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    Well everyone knows im an open book! I hate sneaky caniving people, yet I bid $700 on this poster :D
    You know the rest of the story... I like to think positive too, some peoples comments and influences here carry more wait. Unfortunately, even among our brotherhood, thinking with the glass half full is still in the minority... I can attest to that as i too have been burned.
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    I like how you guys just make shit up out of no where. "99 percent sure", "have no doubts", can you toss up some sort of proof other than i just got a feeling that there is shill bidding? also, can you prove that all of your "flippers" aren't donating all the money they make to charities and helping people? imo, most of you haters are living with a glass half empty attitude. i'm gonna go with a glass half full attitude and say that all your "flippers" are dropping their profits on cocaine and titty bars and aren't rigging their auctions, but i just like to think positively.
    im proud to be called a FLIPPER HATER..

actually is a good idea for a shirt as well..

ps..oh wait..there is a video too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pgU3orzJDw
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    im proud to be called a FLIPPER HATER..

actually is a good idea for a shirt as well..

ps..oh wait..there is a video too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pgU3orzJDw
    That's fucking awesome dimi!!!!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    pulling69 wrote:
    I am 99 percent sure that was bid up by the guy selling it(or his friends but either way) no sane person would spend that much on a mediocre poster
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    is anyone else sickened over the amount of flipping recently? I know its always been there. but Wrigley shot this to an entirely new level. Conversely id say we've reached an all time low. so much for the 6 mnth rule. and I know we are talking about ebay in this thread, but its all over the forum too. people are offering up their first born for CRAP! at the end of the day its just CRAP, and you cant take it with you...

:sick:
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Here is the bidding history for the item in question:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=261263566459

Now look at the bidding history for this particular bidder who stopped bidding as soon as it got to around $500:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=261263566459&aid=5***a&eu=&bidtid=1255063989016&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

Look at the number of bids they put in on certain items: 24, 24, 11, 19, 11 all within the past week, and a very low rating?...Also a bid retraction. :fp: :nono:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Even the more rare PJ posters pale in comparison of most other movie posters out there. It's scary how fast some of those artists' prints just skyrocket. For someone who really wants that print, I can see them shelling out a little more than what the market will demand. There's so many damn people that make a lot more money than I do :fp: . One day...
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    You can't take the money with you either...
    is anyone else sickened over the amount of flipping recently? I know its always been there. but Wrigley shot this to an entirely new level. Conversely id say we've reached an all time low. so much for the 6 mnth rule. and I know we are talking about ebay in this thread, but its all over the forum too. people are offering up their first born for CRAP! at the end of the day its just CRAP, and you cant take it with you...

• Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    You can't take the money with you either...

One man's trash is another's treasure.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    greedygreedy Posts: 140
    I may be in the minority or alone on an island but doesn't flipping product for profit exist in a free market/capitalist society? It occurs all around us, in every commodity and product of which we purchase everyday. Costs are simply driven by supply and demand. An object is only worth what another is willing to pay for it. For example, if PJ fans are willing to dish out large sums of money for merch then they are the ones in fact driving up the prices, not the seller. If no one was to bid on these items at these price levels than the seller would need to drop their asking price. To me, the people who buy at these insane levels are more guilty than the seller, no one is forcing your hand to buy anything.

Don't most people become a "flipper" at some price level? If someone was to offer you $1,000.00 for your Shuss Cracker, would you sell it? My guess is the majority of people would and therefore you are contributing to the inflated price levels of this item. I personally collect PJ merch and have never sold anything but I must admit, if I was offered ridiculous money for something I just may sell it.

Unless we want to conform to a communist society where the government intervenes by controlling goods and resources while determining prices, flippers will exist.

Free-market capitalism
    Free-market capitalism refers to an economic system where prices for goods and services are set freely by the forces of supply and demand and are allowed to reach their point of equilibrium without intervention by government policy. It typically entails support for highly competitive markets, private ownership of productive enterprises.

I don't want to ramble on if I already haven't, but I guess flipping doesn't bother me as it does some of you and the reason being is because I don't get involved in it, meaning I'm not willing to pay for something beyond my perception of it's value.
    Mansfield, MA 1998
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Mansfield, MA 2003
    Boston, MA 2004
    Boston, MA 2010
    Boston, MA 2011 (EV)
    2013 - Wrigley, IL / Worcester, MA (Night 1) / Worcester, MA (Night 2) / Hartford, CT
  • Options
    greedy wrote:
    I may be in the minority or alone on an island but doesn't flipping product for profit exist in a free market/capitalist society? It occurs all around us, in every commodity and product of which we purchase everyday. Costs are simply driven by supply and demand. An object is only worth what another is willing to pay for it. For example, if PJ fans are willing to dish out large sums of money for merch then they are the ones in fact driving up the prices, not the seller. If no one was to bid on these items at these price levels than the seller would need to drop their asking price. To me, the people who buy at these insane levels are more guilty than the seller, no one is forcing your hand to buy anything.

Don't most people become a "flipper" at some price level? If someone was to offer you $1,000.00 for your Shuss Cracker, would you sell it? My guess is the majority of people would and therefore you are contributing to the inflated price levels of this item. I personally collect PJ merch and have never sold anything but I must admit, if I was offered ridiculous money for something I just may sell it.

Unless we want to conform to a communist society where the government intervenes by controlling goods and resources while determining prices, flippers will exist.

Free-market capitalism
    Free-market capitalism refers to an economic system where prices for goods and services are set freely by the forces of supply and demand and are allowed to reach their point of equilibrium without intervention by government policy. It typically entails support for highly competitive markets, private ownership of productive enterprises.

awesome username
    I don't want to ramble on if I already haven't, but I guess flipping doesn't bother me as it does some of you and the reason being is because I don't get involved in it, meaning I'm not willing to pay for something beyond my perception of it's value.
    Awesome user name
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    greedy wrote:

Free-market capitalism

no one disagre with you..but all this out of here...
    at the market..this isnt a shop here..this a forum so fans help eachother and not try to rip off eachother..
    that was the spirit antway,or the idea..this place become worst than ebay,,
    and atleast at ebay you dont have to read all this crap,that my wife scared emek poster and need to sell it,my kid says the poster isnt good match with our ferniture..accidentally i dont have an extra wall to put it so i want to sell it for 5 times up.....no one is fool..we can see whats going on..we know we live in the same economic system
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 503
    Highest so far $1259.99 :shock: How high will it go :roll:
  • Options
    Hoccapuk wrote:
    Highest so far $1259.99 :shock: How high will it go :roll:
    if i want tomorrow i can list a ten opened used cd at ebay and "sell it" for 200.000$..
    ill put 2 friends to bid all day..!!!